Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS build fails on 2018.2.8f1, missing push capability

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by JKPlaysoft, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JKPlaysoft

JKPlaysoft

2. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I have the same issue. Did you find a fix for this? According to the issue tracker, that bug won't be fixed since the API is going to be deprecated. I need a way to disable the push capabilities, since otherwise my cloud build fails.

3. itsOgden

itsOgden

Did anyone figure out how to deal with this one?

4. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

For some weird reason, Unity has API to enable capabilities in a post build processor, however it doesn't have API to remove them. I tried different ways to remove the capability manually by directly editing the PBX project in a post build processor, however I couldn't figure out what exactly needs to be removed from the file, since everything I tried still resulted in a failed cloud build.

This ridiculous issue (automatically adding capabilities, with no way to remove them) was introduced in 2018.2, and is partially fixed in 2019.1 (link).

Since I can't switch to 2019.1, I'm stuck on 2018.1. Since they don't want to backport that fix to previous versions, I won't be able to upgrade to 2018 LTS when it is released, so I'm stuck on a version that won't receive any more support. That really sucks.

I hope Unity will reconsider and will fix this issue for 2018.3 or 2018 LTS.

5. itsOgden

itsOgden

Ugh... That's super frustrating, but thanks for the update! If I somehow stumble into a fix for this, I'll let you know, but I have a feeling I won't be any more successful :/

Devil_Inside likes this.
  6. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Just wanted to post an update that Unity has released an experimental package called Mobile Notifications. It's a new way to work with notifications and it has a separate option to enable push notifications (and add push capabilities), which are disabled by default. The package is available since 2018.3 I believe, I've tested it and it worked fine.