Search Unity

iOS build fails on 2018.2.8f1, missing push capability

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by JKPlaysoft, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JKPlaysoft

JKPlaysoft

2. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I have the same issue. Did you find a fix for this? According to the issue tracker, that bug won't be fixed since the API is going to be deprecated. I need a way to disable the push capabilities, since otherwise my cloud build fails.

3. DrizzleGames

DrizzleGames

Did anyone figure out how to deal with this one?

4. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

For some weird reason, Unity has API to enable capabilities in a post build processor, however it doesn't have API to remove them. I tried different ways to remove the capability manually by directly editing the PBX project in a post build processor, however I couldn't figure out what exactly needs to be removed from the file, since everything I tried still resulted in a failed cloud build.

This ridiculous issue (automatically adding capabilities, with no way to remove them) was introduced in 2018.2, and is partially fixed in 2019.1 (link).

Since I can't switch to 2019.1, I'm stuck on 2018.1. Since they don't want to backport that fix to previous versions, I won't be able to upgrade to 2018 LTS when it is released, so I'm stuck on a version that won't receive any more support. That really sucks.

I hope Unity will reconsider and will fix this issue for 2018.3 or 2018 LTS.

5. DrizzleGames

DrizzleGames

Ugh... That's super frustrating, but thanks for the update! If I somehow stumble into a fix for this, I'll let you know, but I have a feeling I won't be any more successful :/

Devil_Inside likes this.
  6. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Just wanted to post an update that Unity has released an experimental package called Mobile Notifications. It's a new way to work with notifications and it has a separate option to enable push notifications (and add push capabilities), which are disabled by default. The package is available since 2018.3 I believe, I've tested it and it worked fine.