Search Unity

iOS build fails due to CocoaPods version?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Devil_Inside, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

My iOS cloud build fails with the following error (expand the quote to see the last line):
    Is the CocoaPods version 1.10.0 the reason the build fails? Can it be updated in any way to 1.10.2 or later?
    Thanks!

2. Dasp

Dasp

The same happened for us, we updated Google Dependency Manager to version 1.2.167 and that was probably the issue.

3. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Did you find a solution?

The issue started happening for me when I updated IronSource (Ad system), so it's related to one of the ad network adapter dependencies.

I was using Dependency Manager 1.2.164, so I don't think it's related to the dependency manager.

4. Dasp

Dasp

No solution unfortunately, hopping Unity will update cocoaPods when adding xcode 12.5

5. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks for the update!
    I just got word from Cloud Build support that they're planning to bump Cocoapods to version 1.10.2 at the same time as Xcode 12.5 release or soon after. They're hoping to release Xcode 12.5 in early November, though that might change.

Dasp likes this.
  6. smithmj5

smithmj5

Did someone from Unity tell you "early November" for the xCode 12.5 rollout?

xCode 12.5 in cloud build was first announced for end of September, then early October, then mid-October, and now early November? This is getting ridiculous!

7. Dasp

Dasp

I agree we are also waiting for 12.5 rollout and those delays are annoying especially that there is not enough communication.