Search Unity

IOS Build failing 'fccore.bundle has conflicting provisioning settings.' Xcode 9.2 Automatic Signi

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by moffata2, Mar 7, 2018.

1. moffata2

moffata2

Hi,

I am using Unity 2017.3.1 and have recently updated xcode to 9.2. I am trying to automatically sign and I am getting the following errors.

fccore.bundle has conflicting provisioning settings.
    fccore.bundle is automatically signed for distribution, but a conflicting code signing identity iPhone Distribution has been manually specified. Set the code signing identity value to "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor.

I have tried steps here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ings-error-when-i-try-to-archive-to-submit-an

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Tony

2. Nadan

Nadan

I'm having the same issue. Did you find solution for it?

3. moffata2

moffata2

No not yet... tried manual signing too but still getting an fccore error.

4. emunoz-wbs

emunoz-wbs

5. moffata2

moffata2

Sorry still no resolution. Please post here if you find one.

6. moffata2

moffata2

7. Nadan

Nadan

This is strange. Not long ago I just updated my game and everything worked. So my xCode version is the same as it were when it worked and I didn't change anything. Could it be Unity?

Are you submitting update or new app? I'm trying to submit new app and having this error if that makes any difference.

8. moffata2

moffata2

Its an update to my app but I have since updated XCode from 8 - 9.

9. Nadan

Nadan

I tried the latest patch 2017.3.1p4 but the issue remains.

However when you export the game from Unity I noticed there is a iOS setting for the Identification: Automatically Sign (checkbox) then there is a iOS Provisioning Profile (Browse) and Profile ID. I don't remember these been there before? Do you?

So maybe the issue comes from Unity after all? If so it should be reported. I'm also curious if previous Unity versions still work, in that case the issue would probably come from Unity.

10. moffata2

moffata2

Looks like you have updated xcode like I did.

It came in in version 8. Can you check your version and last updated. Probably find this on the app store.

11. Nadan

Nadan

I didn't mean xCode. I ment Unity. Usually I've handled provisioning profiles and signing in xCode and didnt do any of that in Unity. Now I noticed you can add provisioning profile in Unity when you export the game. I wonder if Unity is breaking the build signing. I dont remeber if you could add provisioning profile inside Unity before. Anyway Ive tried everything for a week now. This issue is getting hopeless.

12. moffata2

moffata2

13. Nadan

Nadan

Tony, I was thinking. What do we both have in common that all the other users who don't have this issue don't have? Why does this only happen to us? Are we the chosen ones for this issue. ;) Well.. the solution was in your first sentence "I am using Unity 2017.3.1". So was I.

I just installed older random patch Unity 2017.2.1p2. Made new project called Cube and made a scene with just a cube. I build it with Unity, installed to iPad, archived and then the Validate... IT WORKS! Well.. almost, in the end it just says that I have no ID for any Cube app but that's not the issue since this was just a test. It goes past the part with the error before.

So Unity did this all a long while we were trying to fix this on the xCode/Apple end.

Now I'm trying to downgrade my game to previous Patch from 2017.3.1 the 2017.2.1p4. I've read that Unity can downgrade projects. If not, I quess I just rebuild all the scripts and images etc. by hand. I have build most of the game with this broken 2017.3.1 version so I hope the downgrading works and after that I could finally continue doing something productive. If I finally get this game to App Store I'm going get out of the house and grab a beer, lol.

Juhani

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  14. moffata2

moffata2

Great, let me know how you get on. I will not be able to try until later. I think if you open the project in the earlier version Unity will do it for you?

15. Nadan

Nadan

No, does not work on my new game. Tomorrow I try with my other game that I send last time everything still worked. With that new cube project it worked so I really don't know whats wrong.

16. moffata2

moffata2

Ok... I got mine built. I believe it was unitys recorder plugin. I deleted the folder. Closed unity reopened it and built it. If you don't have it installed look in the framework folder of the build.

JackWolfare and Nikolasio like this.
  17. Nadan

Nadan

I think I do have that plugin. I will try to remove it tomorrow, thanks!

18. Nadan

Nadan

Works. It was the Recorder all along.

zipsted, daviddickball and Chabz like this.
  19. moffata2

moffata2

Great, have a pint now for Patrick's day

Nadan likes this.
  20. Muckel

Muckel

hello,
    here is the same.... had same issue...
    search & found this....
    remove the Unity Recorder and it works....
    is there a way to exclude the Recorder from build?
    I don't like to remove it every time I build for iOS...?
    thx
    M.

moffata2 likes this.
  21. Walbert-Schmitz

Walbert-Schmitz

Thank you very much! Deleting the Recorder Plugin was the workaround after hours of searching.

moffata2 likes this.
  22. stefanplc

stefanplc

Making games is quite fun and rewarding but dealing with 3rd party services is as fun as pulling teeth. The recorder plugin was causing this issue for me too and it took me almost a full day to randomly come across this post after trying everything else that I could think of and/or find.

moffata2 likes this.
  23. jagermeister7

jagermeister7

THANK YOU!

moffata2 likes this.
  24. SachinGanesh

SachinGanesh

Thank you, I had same issue. Issue solved after removing Recorder plugin

25. moffata2

moffata2

I was two weeks..... very frustrating!

26. BrandonF_doghead

BrandonF_doghead

Thank you!!!

moffata2 likes this.
  27. LeifStro

LeifStro

Holy moly. Thank you so much for figuring this out.
    Just removed recorder and viola!

28. stefanplc

stefanplc

There has been a new update to recorder just a few days ago so it's possible this may be fixed, I haven't tried it yet.

moffata2 likes this.
  29. moffata2

moffata2

Cheers

30. JACLEMGO

JACLEMGO

The solution for me was to delete the Unity-iPhone/Frameworks/Unity Technologies/Recorder folder in XCode.

31. Nikolasio

Nikolasio

moffata2 likes this.
  32. uniLogix

uniLogix

33. markachten88

markachten88

He everyone.

I have the same error but I'm not using the Reecorder plugin. Next to that, I'm not using xcode (just the editor, VS.NET and let the cloud do the building). Any ideas? Could it be another plugin?

"Unity-iPhone has conflicting provisioning settings. Unity-iPhone is automatically signed, but provisioning profile ,,,some number... has been manually specified. Set the provisioning profile value to "Automatic" in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor."
    Unity 5.4.2f2, xcode 8.3.2

34. paxtonmason

paxtonmason

I'm seeing this problem as well. Did you find a solution?

35. markachten88

markachten88

I downgraded by Xcode version to 7.3. Hope that helps!

36. tolosaoldfan

tolosaoldfan

You saved my day with the Recorder plugin fix. Thanks a lot !
    I only removed the Recorder folder inside XCode, without rebuilding from Unity. Unity 2017.3.1.P4 & Xcode 10.0

moffata2 likes this.
  37. BLOBENJEU

BLOBENJEU

Worked after hours of searching for an "Automatic signing is unable to resolve an issue : Select a signing certificate for the macOS platform". Thank you !

moffata2 likes this.
  38. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Just stumbled upon this... So much fun. Removing the recorder asset fixed it.

Thanks unity...

moffata2 and Ryuuguu like this.
  39. Erikoinen

Erikoinen

Thanks guys, for making my life easy!

moffata2 likes this.
  40. HQF

HQF

Removing Unity Recorder package works! Thanks!

but my error was different:
    Error when uploading to app store:

Unexpected CFBundleExecutable Key - The bundle at 'Payload/apex.app/fccore.bundle' does not contain a bundle executable. If this bundle intentionally does not contain an executable, consider removing the CFBundleExecutable key from its Info.plist and using a CFBundlePackageType of BNDL. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue.

moffata2 likes this.
  41. coskundurukan

coskundurukan

Solution of Issue:
    Remove the "Unity Recorder" Package from the Package Manager. Then, Rebuild and Validate with XCode...

Best Regards,
    Coskun DURUKAN...
    IC-TECH...

Alond likes this.
  42. Digitalpen

Digitalpen

It was a problem with Unity Recorder package , I removed it then every things works fine in the Xcode from Unity 2017.4

43. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

Try searching on Mac for fccore.bundle and delete that. It's a part of the Unity Recorder package, so if this solution doesn't work, remove the package and reinstall it to restore the file

Tommyboyboy likes this.