Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

iOS build constantly refers to deleted classes even after blowing away Xcode project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AvaJarvis, Jun 20, 2015.

1. AvaJarvis

AvaJarvis

So Unity (5.1) suddenly started creating iOS projects that don't build. They fail with the following errors in Xcode:

.../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:22:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'Styles__cctor_m1348'; did you mean 'Styles__cctor_m1250'?
    .../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:51:13: Unknown type name 'Styles_t334_StaticFields'; did you mean 'Styles_t304_StaticFields'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:61:13: Unknown type name 'Styles_t334_StaticFields'; did you mean 'Styles_t304_StaticFields'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:71:13: Unknown type name 'Styles_t334_StaticFields'; did you mean 'Styles_t304_StaticFields'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:145:4: Invalid application of 'sizeof' to an incomplete type 'Styles_t334'
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:146:4: Invalid application of 'sizeof' to an incomplete type 'Styles_t334'
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:149:11: Unknown type name 'Styles_t334_StaticFields'; did you mean 'Styles_t304_StaticFields'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:186:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer__ctor_m1349'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer__ctor_m1251'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:210:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_ShowResults_m1350'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_ShowResults_m1252'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:243:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_AddResults_m1351'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_AddResults_m1253'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:267:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_Draw_m1352'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_Draw_m1254'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:291:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_FailureCount_m1353'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_FailureCount_m1255'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:322:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_U3CDrawU3Em__1C_m1354'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_U3CDrawU3Em__1C_m1256'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:352:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_U3CDrawU3Em__1D_m1355'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_U3CDrawU3Em__1D_m1257'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:382:24: Use of undeclared identifier 'TestResultRenderer_U3CDrawU3Em__1E_m1356'
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:418:13: Unknown type name 'TestResultRenderer_t339'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_t309'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:428:13: Unknown type name 'TestResultRenderer_t339'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_t309'?
    ../Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharpMetadata_2.cpp:438:13: Unknown type name 'TestResultRenderer_t339'; did you mean 'TestResultRenderer_t309'?

TestResultRenderer is no longer a part of my project; I deleted it, along with Styles. They were part of the UnityTestTool package, and I removed it after encountering these errors.

These errors happen even after I've created new directories for the Xcode projects to be generated in.

I don't want to blow away my Unity project and start all over again (like I keep having to do). This has happened multiple times.

Please help. :(

2. liortal

liortal

This is a bug i reported recently:
    (Case 704069) IL2CPP (iOS) build fails when removing scripts between builds without restarting editor

To add the comments of @JoshPeterson who worked on this issue:
    As a workaround, you could restart the Unity editor between builds.

3. AvaJarvis

AvaJarvis

Ah ok.

Based on this, I also tested blowing away the contents of the Temp directory. This also worked.

thanks!

unityunity