Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question iOS Authentication documentation incorrect

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by CameronDWills, Jun 23, 2022.

1. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

I'm trying to setup iOS authentication following the official documentaiton here: Sett up an Apple sign-in (unity.com)

Step 4 says to add a component to a game object called SignInWithApple but no such component exists. How do I get the ID Token to pass into the authentication service to sign in with Apple?

2. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for raising this with us, I'm currently investigating this with my backend team.
    Once I have an answer and solution I will get back to you with it.

3. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

I've investigated this for you and this is what I can suggest:
    • Step 4 (after downloading Apple's SDK) can lead to some confusion so we will rework this section for more clarity. This was more of a generic example of how one would set it up after downloading the plugin.

• The detailed process of retrieving the ID token using Apple's Unity SDK is not provided in our documentation. We recommend following the Sign-in With Apple Unity plugin documentation on the process of retrieving an ID token (can be seen in the sample code in the link)

• You can also refer to the 'Sample Scene' that's included in Apple's Unity plugin mentioned above which has a Sign-in With Apple button and game object configured in the scene.
    I hope this will help you?