Search Unity

Question iOS Authentication documentation incorrect

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by CameronDWills, Jun 23, 2022.

1. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

I'm trying to setup iOS authentication following the official documentaiton here: Sett up an Apple sign-in (unity.com)

Step 4 says to add a component to a game object called SignInWithApple but no such component exists. How do I get the ID Token to pass into the authentication service to sign in with Apple?

2. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for raising this with us, I'm currently investigating this with my backend team.
    Once I have an answer and solution I will get back to you with it.

3. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

I've investigated this for you and this is what I can suggest:
    • Step 4 (after downloading Apple's SDK) can lead to some confusion so we will rework this section for more clarity. This was more of a generic example of how one would set it up after downloading the plugin.

• The detailed process of retrieving the ID token using Apple's Unity SDK is not provided in our documentation. We recommend following the Sign-in With Apple Unity plugin documentation on the process of retrieving an ID token (can be seen in the sample code in the link)

• You can also refer to the 'Sample Scene' that's included in Apple's Unity plugin mentioned above which has a Sign-in With Apple button and game object configured in the scene.
    I hope this will help you?