Search Unity

iOS armv7 linker error - "output executable exceed available address range for architecture armv7"

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by AlexNanomonx, May 26, 2020.

1. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

We just upgraded our project to 2019.3, from 2019.1. It builds fine on everything, except iOS. When we build we get this error

It works locally building on a mac. I guess maybe it's a XCode 11.3 problem? We're working on 11.4 locally?

Also of relevance is that we've struggled with this bug before, however because that was 18 months ago, and all we did to fix is was update to the latest version of unity (which is not an option here we're on the latest release version). Also I know unity plans to drop support for iOS armv7, but it should work in versions up until 2020.1, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ArthurAulicino likes this.
  2. mvaz_p

mvaz_p

Hi, did you solve it?
    We're experiencing the same problem with XCode 11.4.1 and Unity 2019.4.1.
    Everything works fine locally, but fails on Cloud Build.

3. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Hi mvaz_p, I just saw this, and this might be too late for you and not be useful for anyone else. But we use a sqlite3.dll, my colleague updated the stuff that used it to a new version, but didn't commit the new dll. So make sure all your dlls and plugins are the right version. It was building locally, because it would update the dll automatically on the editor, but not as part of the cloud build process. Hence the error.

4. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

I think that was the issue anyway. I don't remember clearly and this was an error I fixed that was just before the cloud build started working again.

5. mvaz_p

mvaz_p

Hi AlexNanomonx, we are not using sqlite3.dll, at least not directly, but thanks for the update.
    Our issue was somehow solved by removing the Addressables package, it was giving us a lot of headaches and the next day we removed it, our cloud builds started working again for iOS.

6. CheeryLee

CheeryLee

Sorry for necroposting. :)
    Maybe it would be helpful for anyone later.

I faced this some days ago too. In my case there was in error with Script Debugging feature enabled. Compiler would place libil2cpp-dev-net40-wbarriers.a instead of libil2cpp-net40-wbarriers.a which is about 15 Mb bigger than the second one.
    Also noticed that it reproduces only if I'm trying to make an archive, not run on device directly.