Search Unity

Bug iOS app hangs randomly with GPU error when MARS is enabled

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by xhkong, Dec 2, 2020.

1. xhkong

xhkong

Got this error on iPhone X while running MARS and FaceTracking

Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Ignored (for causing prior/excessive GPU errors) (IOAF code 4)

2. xhkong

xhkong

App run on iOS for about 5-10 mins with MARS and FaceTracking on. Then it freeze with the above error. Tried multiple times, the same issue. If I turns MARS off, app won't freeze anymore.
    This was tested on latest release version of MARS and iPhone X iOS 14.2.

Also it doesn't matter if FaceTracking was catching any face or not. Even with the phone lay flat and not tracking anything, after 5-10 mins the app freezes with the above GPU error.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  3. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Hello @xhkong,

Interesting, could you share with us your full log from XCode so we can analyze it?

4. jasons_unity

jasons_unity

Unity Technologies

I am unable to reproduce this issue.

My setup is a new 2019.3.0f6 Unity project with :
    - "com.unity.mars": "1.2.0"
    - com.unity.xr.arkit-face-tracking": "1.0.7"

I added a Face Preset to the project which has a cube as proxy content under the Nose Tip proxy. My build settings are :
    - minimum iOS target of 11.0
    - ARM64 Architecture

I built to XCode version 12.2. From there, I built to an iPhone Xr running 14.2 (I ran the same test with 13.5.1 and then upgraded the iOS software)

I ran the app for over 10 minutes and did not see an error in on the device nor in Xcode while attached.

Please let me know if your setup differs from mine. Also, feel free to log a defect within Unity by way of the Help --> Report a bug menu. This would allow us to see exactly how the project is setup.

jmunozarUTech likes this.
  5. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hello @xhkong. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with MARS. To add to what my colleagues have suggested, can you please give us some more information about your project setup? Are you using the built-in renderer or a scriptable render pipeline? Can you explain what you mean by "MARS is off?"

Are you able to submit your project using the bug reporter? If you go to Help > Report a bug... in the Unity Editor, you can fill in information about what happened, and attach your project folder for us to reproduce the issue locally. If we can reproduce the issue, we can inspect your project and run the debugger to see what is causing the issue.

If you can't submit your project, it may still be possible to replicate the issue in a simple project with assets that you can share.

Edit: My bad I missed the part in Jason's reply asking for a bug report. :)

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    jmunozarUTech likes this.