Search Unity

Feedback [iOS][Android] Target Mania, casual target shooting fun!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Team2Studio, May 22, 2020.

1. Team2Studio

Team2Studio

Hi all,

I am proud to present Target Mania, a new casual game out now
    on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.

Tap to shoot your sword forward and hit the moving targets. The game features 300 missions
    and has 30 unlockable themes!

I had a lot of fun creating the game, and especially the system for the missions was challenging but rewarding in the end and they add a lot of fun to the game. Completing the missions is also what
    unlocks the different themes. Or you can make an in-app purchase when you don't have the patience
    to play-unlock all themes ;)

The game also has Unity Ads implemented, but they are only used as rewarded video ads for
    skipping a mission or saving you when you miss a target.

Go check it out for free and tell me what you guys/galls think!

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. tsp120

tsp120

A very simple game, but very well balanced and super addictive. Every part of the game is polished and it looks professional. I admit I spent a little too much time playing it yesterday instead of spending time finishing up my first game.

I improved at the game once I realized you need to be patient. This game gives me anxiety but in a good way.

If I have one complaint on your behalf it's that I don't see a lot of opportunity to make money, if that's a motivating factor for you. I didn't find myself wanting to watch ads to stay alive and since it appears you can unlock the things you can pay for over time i wonder how motivated people will be to purchase the full game despite the low price.

3. Team2Studio

Team2Studio

@tsp120 big thank you for your kind review and time invested in checking out the game!
    You are right that when you play patiently, you improve drastically. The game is designed
    to be easily played when you have a couple of minutes of time to kill, and is foremost aimed
    to be fun and lightweight.

The option to watch an ad to keep playing when you missed a target or when time runs out i think
    is more useful in the later stages of the game, where missions become more and more difficult.
    For example, if the player has to score 10 perfect hits to complete the current mission, and
    they miss the target when they already scored 9 out of 10, I think the chances this player will
    watch an ad to keep playing are very big. Also, players wanting to score a very big highscore
    will most likely watch the ad to be able to continue building up their score.

The rewarded ad that enables the player to skip the current mission serves many purposes.
    So when a player is not good. at a particular mission, or when a player does not like a particular
    mission, or when a player has invested a significant amount of time in working towards a theme
    they would like but for some reason can't bring up the patience to play-unlock the theme but wants
    it right then and there, etc...

The in-app purchase is there for players that don't want to wait until they finish mission x to finally be
    able to play with that theme they always wanted to play with, or players wanting to support the developer ;)

In all cases i tried to go for a soft approach, and not have a game where the player is bombarded with ads
    or popups asking to make a purchase. The player can play through the whole game without having to
    spend any money, or watch a single ad.

The games i create, are the games i like to play myself, and in so many games i get one
    popup after the other and ads pop up when i go to the menu, or before i can even start
    to play and in the worst cases i get the feeling that the gameplay comes in second, and the
    first idea of the developer(s) was "how can we make the most money out of this", and this sure
    is not what i want in my games. And yes, this might mean i do not make a lot of money with my
    game, but i will have satisfied players, which is worth very much to me.

Having said that, i do have to admit that my day job as a game developer for a toy and games
    company does pay the bills well and i do not have to worry about money, which i know is a
    privileged position to be in, especially in our current times, and makes for the fact that i do
    not have to think about making money with my games.
    I mean, I'd be cool, but it sure is not my first concern.

4. Team2Studio

Team2Studio

What do you guys/galls think of the app preview video? I made it like a real pro ;) with QuickTime Player and iMovie!
    Not totally happy with it myself, but it's the best I can do for now. Also, colors seem to be a bit off in the video vs in the game.