Search Unity

iOS 8.4 Memory Crash [Worked Fine Before]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by MrEsquire, Jul 13, 2015.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I'm using 4.6.7p1 and noticed that my game crashes when trying load a scene that previously worked on the Apple device.

Now the only thing I have changed from version 4.6.6 is updated my devices iOS versions.
    No issues in the Unity editor of course. -> using IL2CPP.

Xcode Error Message: Message from debugger: Terminated due to Memory Error

Anyone else getting issues?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@MrEsquire

We have one known problem related to increased use of memory with serialized List<T> properties, where using T[] instead works better. But we don't yet know the cause of that bug, so I'm not sure it is related to a specific iOS version or Unity version. Do you get any other details from Xcode?

3. c_andrews

c_andrews

Im getting some very mixed crashes now where I wasn't before. My latest ones include out of texture memory and a Bad Access for GetShadowDistanceForRendering.

Is IL2CPP just buggy at the moment? I need to tell my client something soon.

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@c_andrews

We're not aware of any specific issues beyond the one I mentioned above. Generally, we're seeing many games now shipping with IL2CPP, so it works in a number of cases, although there are still bugs that we don't know about, I'm sure. If you are able to provide a project that reproduces the problem, we would love to investigate it.

5. c_andrews

c_andrews

Thanks, I am currently trying to narrow down any possible issues and testing like crazy so once I have something that is reoccurring I will send through a bug report.

6. mhhk88

mhhk88

@c_andrews hi, did you find a solution for the issue? I have the same problem with iPhone5. The app is OK with Android phones, but it crashes everywhere on iPhone5.