Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS 8.2 GUIText not working anymore

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by fred_gds, Mar 28, 2015.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I have a strange error. My application used to work fine on iOS 8. But apparently since the last Update on iOS 8.2 the GUIText components won't show any text anymore. So while all GUITextures appear as they did before, the GuiTexts don't show up anymore. So now I have an application with many buttons, which aren't labeled. :/

I used Unity 4.5.5 to develop that app version, so later on today I'm going to upgrade to Unity 5 to see if that fixes the problem. But I was curios whether somebody else might have run into the same problem or knows a quick fix.

2. mtalbott

mtalbott

I had the same issue but it was with dynamic text used with OnGUI. If updating to Unity5 is a bridge to far. you can upgrade the app to 4.6 and the text will be fixed. Also, if the app is already on the app store, when you submit your app for review you can ask for an expedited review. They accepted my request for expedited review.

3. fred_gds

fred_gds

Ok thanks :)

Edit:

Upgrading to Unity 5 actually seems to solve the text problem.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  4. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

This could be caused by Apple changing default font locations in 8.2. Unity 4.6 and 5.0 have fixes for this issue, you should use these Unity versions.