Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS 14 ATT, Analytics, IAP and consent

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by XANTOMEN, Jun 14, 2021.

1. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

Hi!

I swear I can't seem to understand the full picture here on the interaction of ATT, IAP and Analytics from looking around the forum and the Unity documentation for ATT and Privacy matters.

Here is my understanding on things:

- Analytics is needed when enabling IAP (The Services tab in Unity says: "Disabling Analytics also disables In App Purchasing")
    - Once initialized, Analytics is an opt-out, and can't be made an opt-in. (So, there is a need to show to the user the link to opt-out on a Consent panel)
    - It is obligatory for an iOS app now to show the ATT consent panel before anything else, and to not prompt the user for consent again afterwards.

I definitely want IAP to be enabled on my game, so, what happens with my IAP if the user does not consent to the ATT?

1. Doesn't that mean I'm then not allowed to initialize Analytics and therefore I can't have IAP either?
    2. And also not allowed to have IAP related items during the game that when clicked ask the user to consent to the use of IAP/Analytics (so I can initialize it right there and then) if they want to be able to buy the relevant items?

3. And if the user does consent to the ATT, do I still need to show a second consent panel just to be able to present the Analytics opt-out link to the user?

4. Also, if the user declines their consent later from outside the app, does that mean I can't initialize the IAP in the next runs anymore, therefore becoming unable to retrieve for the user any non-consumable purchases?

Any help very much appreciated, thank you :S

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

IAP nor Analytics have any impact on ATT, only advertising. IAP would continue to work without Analytics, it is only a requirement within the Editor setup.

3. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

Oh! That's very good to hear! Thank you very much!

It's strange that the Editor forces you to have Analytics with IAP if it's not actually required :S

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It allows us to provide IAP for free.

XANTOMEN likes this.
  5. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

@JeffDUnity3D Excuse me again just one little thing so I'm 100% sure on this:

So if I had Advertising On but my code revoked Customize Advertising / Ads Tracking by default without even asking the user for consent, and only displayed untracked / not customized Ads, plus I have IAP and Analytics running, I would not need to add the ATT popup at all?

Thank you once again!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    bbxlegend likes this.