Search Unity

iOS 10.0 and Xcode 8 compatibility

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Mantas-Puida, Sep 8, 2016.

1. BlackBlades2013

BlackBlades2013

I'm using multi version, as some of the featrures varing from version to version.

2. bluescrn

bluescrn

Is 60fps still known to be broken with Xcode 8?

Thought I'd have a play with my spare-time project over the xmas break, and after updating everything, I ended up trying to track down what appeared to be a very repeatable crash-on-resume...

It seems that I've got a 100% repeatable crash on resume (after locking the device, not just suspending the app) if I set Application.targetFrameRate to 60.

I've been able to repro this with an empty scene (3D mode with default skybox etc) in an empty project - just adding a one-liner script to set Application.targetFrameRate on Start().

- Unity 5.5.0p3 (think it's the same on 5.4.3p4 and 5.5.0f1 though)
    - Xcode 8.2.1 (Is this my problem?... I just let it update to the latest...)
    - iPhone 6s
    - iOS 10.2
    - Auto-rotation enabled, both landscape orientations allowed, both portrait orientations disallowed
    - Development build: off, Run in XCode as: Release (I don't think the build type makes a difference though?)

All other player settings at default, other than the bundle ID which needed setting for provisioning. So it would be auto-selecting Metal on the 6s.

(The auto-rotation setting matters, as my first attempt to repro this in an empty project didn't work - until I compared settings with my crashing project)

(Edit: Definitely seems related to screen rotation. Also crashes with GLES2. Crashes when forced to one landscape orientation instead of auto-rotation. When portrait orientations are allowed, it doesn't crash, but the resume is quite glitchy as the screen orientation is restored)

(Edit 2: Tried building with Xcode 7.3.1... still getting the crash on the 6s with iOS10.2. Not getting it on an iPod Touch 5th gen with iOS 9.2)

(Edit 3: *Not* an XCode 8 issue. Appears to be related to this crash: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/m...-line-249-built-with-unity-5-4-3p2-p4.447530/ )

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  3. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

iTunes connect now keeps giving me an error message that my build is invalid, even though it passes Xcode's validation and previous builds *with no changes to the project* would pass the final itunes validation.
    Am i missing anything? Because with 5.5p3 it also added modules in xcode for VR and oculus even thought i've added no such support.

4. Jamso

Jamso

Hi,

I using Unity 5.4.1f1 and Xcode 8.2.1, create empty project with Unity, then open without Warnings/error in Xcode, but Build for device and obtain +300 Warnings of:

*) Unused function 'InitCrash' -> CrashReporter.mm
    *) Unused function 'InitObjCUEHandler' -> CrashReporter.mm
    *) Unused variable 'iBound' -> mscorlib_ArrayTypes.h
    *) Undeclared selector 'onUnityUpdateViewLayout' -> UnityView.mm
    *) Undeclared selector 'createUnityViewImpl' -> UnityAppcontroller.mm
    *) Undeclared selector 'createViewHierarchyImpl' -> UnityAppcontroller.mm
    *) Code will never be executed:
    Bulk_Generics_0.cpp
    Bulk_Generics_1.cpp
    Bulk_Generics_2.cpp
    Bulk_Generics_3.cpp
    GenericMethods0.cpp
    *) 'extern' variable has an initializer -> Il2CppCompilerCalculateTypeValues.cpp

How do I fix or remove these warnings of Xcode?

Please help me!

J

5. andrewmcglynn86

andrewmcglynn86

I'm hitting the NSCameraUsageDescription camera issue where it is required in Info.plist in Xcode even though the camera or WebCamTexture API is not used.
    I see from the first comment was that the fix was rolled out in September 2016.

I'm running Unity 5.5.0p3 Personal.

Is this expected or a regression?

6. AntonBreusov_TatemGames

AntonBreusov_TatemGames

Are you really sure about that? Sometimes it's not your code using it but some other 3rd party plugin. For example, we using StanAssets and only a few features from this rather big package. But we also found some time ago that we have a dependency on Camera. After some research we found settings to turn it off and get rid of this dependency.

7. IvyKun

IvyKun

Looks like a regression. It was fixed on 5.5.0 I think but is back at least in 5.5.0p3. I looked to the fixes on p4 but it looks that the fix is not there.

8. teemukorh

teemukorh

NSCameraUsageDescription thing with 5.5.0p3 here as well. Nice.

9. teemukorh

teemukorh

I was able to fix it by changing manually preprocessor.h UNITY_USES_WEBCAM to 0. Same result with p4 as well.

10. andrewmcglynn86

andrewmcglynn86

It's definitely not my dependencies. I only seen this when switching to 5.5.0p3.

@teemukorh I tried that too and it works. Thanks for the suggestion

11. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Fix for UNITY_USES_WEBCAM issue is scheduled for next week's patch release.

andrewmcglynn86 likes this.
  12. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Yay.. this has been a pain for so long!

13. timbokoppers

timbokoppers

Is it fixed in the 5.5.1 version? Of 5.5.1p1 version?

14. kadwareltd

kadwareltd

What happened with ios 10 build issues and the camera needing permission reason?
    Using 5.5.1 and Xcode 8 and the camera issue is in that (need reason though not using)

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  15. pws-devs

pws-devs

I know I posted this in Unity Answers already, and I'm aware of the need to include Privacy - Camera Usage Description in the info.plist - but does anyone have a problem where an app using Ionic.zip.dll or DotNetZip.dll works perfectly when ad-hoc distributing to a registered device, but those 2 libraries are missing after Archiving?

16. unity_IsXwPrbyxlHwuQ

unity_IsXwPrbyxlHwuQ

Good morning

Export a Unity project 2017.1 for ios, and try to compile it in Xcode 8.3.3, iOS 10 and Swift 3 I am having the following error:

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

If someone can help me, how can I solve this error and how can I integrate with an existing ios project, it would be a lot of help.

thank you very much

Attached Files:

17. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

You should see more details in Xcode Report navigator.

18. zwcloud

zwcloud

Still happening on xcode 10.1 and Unity 2018.2.4f1.