Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Inviting Students

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Jwolf, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Jwolf

Jwolf

I teach a small high school level game development class. A few of the kids were interested in working with me on a Ludum Dare project. Seems like this could be a great chance to further test Collaborate.

What do I need to do so my students will be able to also use Collaborate? Can I simply invite them to the project under the "Services" window? Do I need to add them to an organization? Can they be added to the beta?

2. quixotic

quixotic

Administrator

That sounds awesome!

Yep, you can just add them under the services window, show here.
    Or add them directly to a project through the web dashboard.
    Or add them to your added organization through here.

Adding them to the organization will let them create their own projects and you'll be able to see all of those. Adding them just to a project will let them work on that project but not create more Unity projects using Collaborate.

If they start using Collaborate and want to post on the forum, just send us their forum user names at: collabsupport@unity3d.com!

3. MsBownds

MsBownds

When I try to invite students under my teacher license, it will allow for only 10 though I have a 50 seat license. Help.

4. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    I'm sorry this is an issue for you. Could you please let me know the name of your organization that you're having the problem with? Thanks!