Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Inverse Lemmings (proof of concept)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by hangt5, Oct 18, 2007.

1. hangt5

hangt5

Idea: The game is hopefully super simple. you move objects around so that the ball can reach the goal. Think lemmings except you modify the environment instead of the lemmings.

Controls: Use the mouse to select and drag (outlined) objects. If your drag an object into another collider it turns transparent and you have to move it out of the collider before you can drop it.

w,a,s,d,f pans the camera
    r,f zooms the camera

space: launches the ball or resets it to its original position. So if you want to try the launch again hit space to reset it and than again to launch it.

You cant beat the level but consider it over when you manage to launch the ball over the two boxes on the second level.

Any and all feedback is seriously appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. jaydubs

jaydubs

Nice idea,
    Although I should have read the whole email ... I'm doing my head in trying to get it out of the last gap :D

JW

3. ian Maclachlan

ian Maclachlan

The way I got it up onto the steam was by launching the ball before it hits the ground. Took me ages to get onto the second level lol.

Great concept though. I think the controls need a little tweaking as I found I had to move the camera around to position the boxes when I just wanted to drag and drop (might be the fact I don't have a mouse on me at the mo and was using a wacom).

Also I think proper drag and drop rather than click, drag, click, drop would work better.

Be cool if the ball was a little "sonic in ball mode" dude, would give a reason for getting out of the level :)

4. hangt5

hangt5

It is drag and drop. But if you try to drop it into an area that 'isnt allowed' like inside another collider you have to click it to drop it.

I was thinking the guy should be some sort of robot (to go along with the whole he can only go and stop thing). I was also thinking that the launch shouldnt be the default 'Go' mode. He should be able to move normally and than maybe if he hits some sort of pad he launches/speeds up.

Any tips on how i can improve the camera system? Think i should stay 2d or attempt 3d?

5. ian Maclachlan

ian Maclachlan

just tried the drag and drop full screen and it worked. seems like the tracking is slightly out with the mouse pointer though (box lags behind the mouse from it's point of origin), this was made worse when I was running in window mode which made it seem like I couldn't drag and drop.

I like the 2D camera but it might be nice if you could rotate it 45ø on mouse down on an empty part of the screen and have it snap back on mouse up.

Are you supposed to be able to launch as the balls falling at the begining?

6. benblo

benblo

Nice concept!
    Reminds me more of The Incredible Machine than Lemmings though. I think someone made a 3D TIM with physics a few years ago.

With a little work on the camera system it would more fluid to play, but overall you're on the right track for a good game.

7. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Very good game idea ! ill love to play the final version :D

A lots of ideas come to my mind right now for a game like this

.ORG

8. thylaxene

thylaxene

liked it a lot once I worked it out I got addicted and wished for more. well done.

Cheers.