Search Unity

InventoryPlus: Customizable Inventory System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nappin_zz, May 28, 2023.

1. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...toryplus-customizable-inventory-system-250814

What is it?

InventoryPlus is an intuitive and powerful tool that simplifies the creation of custom inventories, chests and pickups. The asset works with multiple inputs like keyboard / controller and mouse. InventoryPlus takes care for you of all the inventory operations you can think of (like use, equip, sort, drop etc...)

How do I use it?

Simple: install the package, drag the inventory prefab in your scene and tweak the InventoryPlus component to fit your need, there are no additional packages required! The package accommodates the user who wants a simple plug and play solution and also developers who want to add their own modifications on top of the existing code.

What's included?

The package contains:
    • Item Type Scriptable Objects
    • Inventory prefab + script
    • Chest prefab + script
    • Player controller with an animated sprite
    • PickUp prefab with an animated sprite
    • AreaTrigger prefab with an animated sprite
    • Multiple inventory UI slots
    • Prefab folder with all the "core" components
    • 2 sample scenes that guide you and allow you to experiment with the asset
    The package main features are:
    • Togglable inventory with a customizable hotbar
    • Enables you to create new Item Types using Scripable Objects
    • Allows you to create a custom visual for your inventory
    • Stores both stackable and non-stackable items in the inventory and chests
    • Displays durability of items with a progression bar and/or value (customizable)
    • Changes the visual of items based on their durability
    • Allows you to dedicate specific inventory slots to specific items categories
    • Use items when the inventory is openend and/or closed (customizable)
    • Drop items when the inventory is openend and/or closed (customizable)
    • Equip items when the inventory is openend and/or closed (customizable)
    • Sort items when the inventory is openend and/or closed (customizable)
    • Swap items when the inventory is openend and/or closed (customizable). The operation can also be performed also with the mouse if the option is enabled
    • Contains an InputReader to trigger inventory events
    • Allows you to pickup items when dropped from the inventory
    • Allows you to perform operation on inventory items based on their category or ID
    • Top-down character controller
    • Allows you to interact with chests
    • Allows you to save the player inventory when moving through scenes
    • Allows you to save pickups and chest so that they can be loaded when the scene is launched again

If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please feel free to contact me at nappin.1bit@gmail.com

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi ! Just bought your asset for a game I'm making - really good ! But right off the box it works but I get a million of warnings from each '(Prb)SlotItem_X'. Unity 2022.3.4 and 2D URP.

Capture d’écran 2023-07-21 à 16.51.45.png

Seems to be related to a parameter in the Animator; but I can't figure out what it is. Any idea ?

Thanks !

3. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi @onefoxstudio, I'm glad you are having a good time with the asset!

Yep it seems to be called by the animator in your URP project. It doesn't impact the asset functionality but I'll check it out and update the package, it should be up in a couple of days tops (EDIT: it's up :) ). If I can help you out in any other way feel free to reach out via email: nappin.1bit@gmail.com

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    Deleted User likes this.
  4. SoloHonk75

SoloHonk75

Hi. How do i have to change the inputreader script to work with the new inputsystem? And are further changes required?

5. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi! Nope, when you change the input system there aren't any additional changes required to the core asset. The input and the inventory system itself are completely separated, the only thing to do would be to create your custom inputs and plug them into the InputReader. Let me know if I can help with anything else, if enough people ask for it I can provide a step-by-step :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  6. SoloHonk75

SoloHonk75

A step-by-step guide would be nice, since the demo scene no longer works after the change. Also, I would like to get rid of the dependency on the StandAloneInputModule.

Wizbe97 likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi ! Worked great after the fix thanks !
    Agreed with the above; would be good to have a new input system 'scene' or something to help integrate.

I'm having another issue; with the cursor locking.
    In 2D it works fine; but I'm working on a First Person adventure game where I have to lock the cursor obviously and unlock it when inventory is activated; this is where it messes up and I can't move around the mouse in the inventory. Might be me; but could you help me out here ?

Thanks !
    Cheers,

8. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Mmmm it's a bit odd I doubt it's related to the asset, @onefoxstudio please ping me via email so that we can go over the specifics for your needs together! As far as the new input is concerned I'll soon edit the documentation so that there is a step by step guide for it

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  9. jkniest

jkniest

Hey, just bought your asset yesterday and I'm already in love <3

Just one thing I wanted to ask -> is it possible to move the starting items in the hotbar? I didn't found the logic where I could specify the target slot.

So I would be fine with not using the starting items in the inspector and instead manually assign the items on start, but I didn't found a method to specify the target ui slot.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,
    Jordan

10. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hey @jkniest, awesome I'm glad you like it! Of course, if you want to fill the hotbar by default before the inventory you just need to change 1 line of code, where we instanciate the Slots. You only need to invert the order between AssignHotbarSlots() and AssignInventorySlots() (line 49 and 50) like in the image attached.

Let me know via email if you have any other question or if I can help you in any other way!

Attached Files:

11. Stefan86

Stefan86

Hi, I just bought your asset.
    It would be nice if you could split the items.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry for the late reply; it was a nasty mistake of mine; forgot a script deep down in the hierarchy. All good.

One last question: will you improve the inventory in the future ? Add crafting, etc etc or is it not planned. Thx

13. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

I will for sure, I'm currently pushing small fixes and collecting feedbacks for the next features to implement

14. kkultimaz

kkultimaz

15. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi, the tool is very open and editable so I'm sure it can work with it but I've not tested it yet

16. deecsaunders

deecsaunders

Hi your system is great and I have a simple setup with one player character working fine. Can the system be extended to work with multiple characters who each have their own individual inventory?

17. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Nice, I'm happy you are enjoying the system! Yep is possible, but if are thinking on doing a local multiplayer some slight tweaks might be needed on input side.

18. giraffe1

giraffe1

Can items take multiple slots?

19. Wizbe97

Wizbe97

Hi is there a step by step guide on how to convert this asset to work with the new unity input system please?

20. Wizbe97

Wizbe97

Was this ever published? Would love to know how to use it

21. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hey giraffe1, in the current versions, items take up 1 slot. But if enough people ask for it, I'll definitely add the option.

As far as the input is concerned the asset uses the OldInput system and Pointer events so the easiest way to use it in a project that uses the NewInputSystem is simply to enable both inputs in the PlayerSettings

giraffe1 likes this.