Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Window

Discussion in 'Extensions & OnGUI' started by Vincent_89, May 7, 2018.

1. Vincent_89

Vincent_89

Good day to all people around this forum! I am a new Unity user and unfortunately I am using an outdated version of the engine (4.3.4) due to my computer compatibilities. I would like to ask you a very simple question. I searched the web for some tutorials on how to make a very basic inventory but it seems like all of these tutorials were made in Unity 5 by using Canvas. My question is how can I make a very simply Inventory window without using Canvas? I also noticed (from some videos) that by using Canvas the gui is positioned exactly where you want to place it regardless of the selected resolution. Could any of you suggest a method for making an inventory of any kind? I thank you in advance.

-Vincent