Search Unity

Inventory Pro - uGUI - Performance - Mobile support & More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jorisshh, Mar 8, 2015.

?

What should I build next?

1. New currency system

14.1%
  2. Improved serialization / saving for web

10.8%
  3. Better properties for items (percentages, base values, etc)

27.2%
  4. Controller support

15.4%
  5. Unity 5.1 networking (multiplayer)

36.9%
  6. More modular build to simplify extending

25.1%
  7. UFPS Multiplayer (Asset integration)

11.5%
  8. Core GameKit (Asset integration)

4.1%
  9. Dialogue system (Asset integration)

21.3%
  10. Wordpress integration (Asset integration)

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jorisshh

jorisshh

Do you have any third party assets in the project? Can you see where the other HelpURL error comes from? (aka, what script, assembly, namespace, anything to help me track it down).

2. jorisshh

jorisshh

Currently, only stat decorators on items are serialized. These contain the amount you want to change a certain stat when the item is used. The stats on the player, however, are not serialized.

3. Carmexx

Carmexx

ignore the helpurl thing, not an issue.

I uploaded a video, showing a previous inv pro working fine and then an upgrade showing its not. The other collections work fine, its just the stats do not load/update correctly after the upgrade, hope it helps. There are no issues in the wizard setup, it picks up the settings fine, except the easysavecollectionloader, which needed to be re-added.

https://ufile.io/pwaiu

might be a faster download - https://files.fm/u/bnhfcx9d

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  4. PHerfelder

PHerfelder

Will you support weighted items with tetris-style stacking?

5. jorisshh

jorisshh

Thanks, I was able to replicate it; I'll work on a solution as soon as possible :)

6. jorisshh

jorisshh

Items have to be of a size NxN, so they can be square or rectangular. You can't, however, make items with holes in it (concave shapes).

7. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @jorisshh

I have just recently started to use InventoryPro with Opsive TPC. I still have to learn the basics and the video tutorials are a great help. My TPC Project is set to "Force Text" in the Project Editor Settings. However, looking at Triggers/Vendors in the AllDone - Demo Scene I still get hash numbers inside the Editor (see thumbnail).

hashes.PNG

Also selling items to Vendors does not seem to work for me. I reimported the demos folder but that didnt make a difference. Anything I could do about that or is it to expected that way?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  8. jorisshh

jorisshh

This serialization issue seems to happen from time to time, but I can never pin it down exactly so I can create a bug report for Unity. Could you try setting your project to the default setting instead of "FORCE TEXT" before importing Inventory Pro.

Also, does this happen when you import other assets?

Weblox likes this.
  9. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

I know this sort of thing used to happen if you are running in Force Text serialization mode and you imported an asset that was exported in Mixed serialization mode. You probably already know that, but just in case you didn't, there it is. :cool: It was supposed to have been fixed around 5.5 or 5.6, I think.

I ran into that issue several times when importing Gaia, so that's a good asset to test this out with, @Weblox. I haven't tried it lately... I got annoyed with the whole process and I just leave it in Mixed mode. :)

Weblox likes this.
  10. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @jorisshh

Thanks for the quick help. I did reimport InventoryPro in "Mixed Mode", but the Issue remains. I have also some numbers in the Demo Scene (see thumbnail).

demo1.PNG

However the Demo seems to run fine and your Tutorial Videos seem to start pretty much from Scratch (except creating the Canvas), so hopefully it will be save to start following the Tutos from here. ;)

I am on Unity 5.6.3f1 currently and still it happens. I have switched to "Forced Text" initially to avoid those Issues, but it does not seem to work as expected. :confused:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  11. SuneT

SuneT

A bit of news
    We've decided to turn our own forums at forum.devdog.io to "read-only" and instead switch to our own Discord server.

The Discord server will allow for faster support and quicker messaging back and forth! ;)

So if you're experiencing any issues, have feedback, or just want to show-off whatever you've made using any of our tools and hang out with us, come join: https://discord.gg/zjNj5zZ

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  12. wood333

wood333

I would like to verify the correct upgrade procedure.

1. Keep my items database folder outside of the DevDog folders.
    2. Remove the existing version completely from the project folder.
    3. Import the new version.

Is this correct?
    If I do this will the new version automatically find and incorporate the items in my separate MyItemPrefabs folder, or will I need to run the easy setup to get the databases linked?

jorisshh likes this.
  13. jorisshh

jorisshh

Yep, you're exactly right. Also, no need to go through the easy setup again, as the save folder will remain the same as before, and the database you use should still be set in your scene's managers.

wood333 likes this.
  14. wood333

wood333

I just imported the latest release of Inventory Pro into a project that already contained working standard asset Third Person Controller scripts. I got 4 errors based on the scripts Inventory Pro added/overwrote? I was able to remove the warning by re-importing the standard asset character third person controller scripts, but now the character in your finished example scene will not move.

How do I resolve this problem. I would like to be able to continue using the Third Person Controller in my scene, and, be able to work with your scenes. If I must, I can remove the Inventory Pro demo scenes from our working project, and create a separate unity project just for examination of the Inventory Pro demo scenes. It's just slow switching projects in unity.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  15. jorisshh

jorisshh

In case you already have the demo assets in your scene it's easiest to simply uncheck the "Standard Assets" folder when importing Inventory Pro. This avoids overwriting them and avoids any weird errors.

The standard assets are ONLY used in demo scenes for Inventory Pro and are not required :)

wood333 likes this.
  16. wood333

wood333

Did you know that if I follow the readme file in the latest release it says: "/ for documentation, or (sic) go to Tools/Inventory Pro/Documentation in the main menu," which does not actually lead to the documentation.

Don't worry about me, I know where your docs are. Just thought you might want to know.

jorisshh likes this.
  17. wood333

wood333

Also did you know that if after importing the latest version of Inventory Pro, if you go to tools/Inventory Pro/Main Editor that you are prompted to select/create a database, (which I was unable to do at that point), and that this becomes an unbreakable loop of the Unity editor. This prompt cannot be removed by forced quitting Unity with the Windows Task Manager (no exit without save and it's not a scene issue anyway), and the prompt persists, rendering the Unity Editor utterly unusable. Even directly removing Inventory Pro and the DevDog.meta file from the Windows Asset folder does not prevent the prompt from reasserting itself. I manually removed the entire DevDog folder from the Windows files structure and also removed the Temp folder. I opened and force closed unity a couple more times. Finally, mercifully, somehow, the prompt failed to reappear.

The tools menu never did go away, even after manually removing the entire DevDog folder. I will re-import Inventory Pro and cautiously do nothing other than follow the Easy Setup Video Tutorial. Hope I am out of the woods.

I may be the only person who decided to poke around in the tools menu Main Editor before invoking Easy Setup, (apparently curiosity killed this cat,) but the time lost and aggravation was a high price to pay for merely looking into the tools options after import. If this can happen to others, I suggest the Main Editor option in the tools drop down have a safeguard.

jorisshh likes this.
  18. cookimage

cookimage

Hi just reaching out here as well, I imported UFPS, UFPSMultiplayer and then Inventory pro into clean project. I get a compilor error: "Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/Multiplayer/InventoryMPUFPSPickupManager.cs(20,62): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UFPSInventoryItemBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?" Anyone have any idea how to fix this. Tried re-importing inventory pro and still nothing.

19. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hey this might help, try by finding the ufps integration folder and open each file to see if any are blanked out, if they are put some // infront of the if_Using UFPS at the top and endof at the bottom... also try right click on the folder and click re-import

20. cookimage

cookimage

I get a bunch of errors when re-importing, for instance :
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vp_SimpleHUD.get_FormattedHealth () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/GUI/vp_SimpleHUD.cs:180)
    vp_SimpleHUD.get_m_HealthWidth () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/GUI/vp_SimpleHUD.cs:51)
    vp_SimpleHUD.DrawHealth () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/GUI/vp_SimpleHUD.cs:260)
    vp_SimpleHUD.OnGUI () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/GUI/vp_SimpleHUD.cs:245)

Also most scripts says no monobehaviour scripts in the file, or their names do not match the file name. I am using unity
    5.5.0f3

21. AllanWalker

AllanWalker

Hi, I am new to inventory pro. May I ask can I make items with random properties within a range just like that in many games like Diablo?

22. jorisshh

jorisshh

Random properties for items are not currently supported in the editor, only through code. Item properties can already be serialized and deserialized, however, the editor doesn't allow you to randomize in a certain range, so you'd have to manually set the values through code.

23. Gerschill

Gerschill

I have around 50 scenes in my game, each saved as an individual scene. What would be the best way to have my inventory available in all scenes?

24. jorisshh

jorisshh

In Unity 5.4+ you can load multiple scenes at once. The easiest would be to create 1 scene containing all your managers and player data. Then, make sure this scene is always loaded.

You could also load the required stuff in the first scene, use DontDestroyOnLoad and persist the data throughout your entire game.

25. DaIndieTeam

DaIndieTeam

A few questions, please:

1) Does Inventory Pro support tetris-like management? For example in Resident Evil 4 items can be ordered vertically or horizontally. Sometimes this is a bit like tetris. Please take a look at the screenshot below.

2) Does Inventory Pro have / allow for a loot window in the "main window"? You could use this loot window to store them while you sort other items, or you can drop them when you exit without putting them back into the "bag".

3) Does Inventory Pro support / have these "tabs" (Keys/Treasures, Weapons/Recovery, Map, Files, Exit)?

3) Is Inventory Pro capable of displaying the current a) health b) ammo c) 3D character with currently equipped weapon?`

4) Does Inventory Pro allow combining items (like yellow potion + blue potion become a single green potion) and then combining the combined item with other items (like green potion + green potion becomes a purple potion)?

5) Does Inventory Pro allow different bag sizes?

Thank you.

krauserinmaingame01.jpg

jorisshh and OfficialHermie like this.
  26. jorisshh

jorisshh

1. Inventory Pro supports items with a "layout size" this means items can be 1x1 1x2 2x4, etc... Items can only be squares or rectangles, no holes or L shaped blocks like in Tetris.

2. The loot window can be positioned anywhere, however, in the default loot window items can't be placed back into the loot collection (UI restriction, not a collection restriction). You'd have to design your own UI to add this feature.

3. Items can be filtered (there's a built-in filter class), however, there's no UI built-in to sort items based on type, category, etc. This can be added manually of course...

3.1. Yep, Inventory Pro has a built-in stats system. You can give items stats in the main item editor and all equipment will contribute to the player's stats. You can define which stats the player has in the main editor also; A stat can add a value, reduce a value or add a percentage to the overall value.

4. Yep, there's a crafting system built-in that you could use for this purpose :) - There's the traditional crafting (selecting an item from the list and hitting craft), and the newer minecraft style crafting where you have to place items in a specific order to craft the item.

5. Yep, you can add as many bags to your character of any size. Also, inventory pro supports any number of collections per player + filters, so you can create a collection that can only contain items of a certain type.

27. DaIndieTeam

DaIndieTeam

Thanks.
    What about 3) showing a 3D character with currently equipped weapon?

28. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Yes. There's an example in the main demo scene.

jorisshh likes this.
  29. jorisshh

jorisshh

Yep, as @TeagansDad said, there's a demo scene where this is implemented. There's binders you can set up to define where the item should be equipped.

30. DaIndieTeam

DaIndieTeam

And regarding #1) Can the items be rotated?

31. jorisshh

jorisshh

Items can not be rotated in the UI. You could add this yourself, but it touches on quite a lot of systems in the collections.

32. wood333

wood333

I am getting "missing component on object(tile) four times in the Sedtup Wizzard. I cannot find an appropriate script candidate to select for these.

Also, I have the "no localization" error. So, I selected "enUS" for now. Was that sufficient?

33. jorisshh

jorisshh

Could you share a screenshot of the missing components? Perpahs I can recognize them.

As for the localization; Yep, that should do the trick. You can set the default language in the LocalizationManager. Just make sure to also include the "default" localization in the list.

wood333 likes this.
  34. wood333

wood333

How about managers and player data in the main scene, DonotDestroyOnLoad checked to persist, and save the data (say with EasySave2). When we re-enter the game directly into a different scene than the main scene, would the reload by EasySave reactivate normal database function?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  35. wood333

wood333

These guys, with the only difference being their position.

Tile Script.JPG

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  36. jorisshh

jorisshh

Strange; On what version of Inventory Pro are you on?

37. wood333

wood333

I have a fresh download of Inv Pro from the asset store using Unity 5.6.3f1.

I am going to do some additional testing on this, because I am not certain that I did not cause this issue, myself, during the set of process. If I were to remove and re-setupl Inv Pro, what folders should I delete? Let me do that correctly and see if I can't get a nice fresh install/setup.

And as always, thank you for your assistance.

38. Braza

Braza

Were you able to solve it? Are you by chance nstantiating your player from prefab at runtime?

39. jorisshh

jorisshh

To delete inventory pro remove the:

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro
    Assets/Devdog/General

Folders

wood333 likes this.
  40. xercool

xercool

Hi all!
    I have some questions after I start using this asset.

1) How to define default items in inventory?

I want after scene loading add some items to inventory. I don't know why nobody asked that before.. Maybe it's so obvious.. but I can't find that guide or question!

2) How to trigger objects (loot) only if my cursor pointer in the middle of screen looks at object
    Is there any way out of the box to implement something like that?
    If no - does anybody have any suggestions about implemetation of custom trigger?

thanks in adv!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  41. jorisshh

jorisshh

1. You can use a CollectionPopulator component to fill a collection at start.

2. You can use a raycast trigger selector on your player object to raycast from the center of your screen to a trigger. See http://devdog.io/unity-assets/inventory-pro/documentation/2.5p/components/selectors for more info

42. xercool

xercool

About 2.

I'd like to combine two approaches: range and raycast selector. Is that possible?

Also I trying to create RangeTriggerSelector to override standard behavior (on trigger.cs) on my treasurechest it's stop working... Is that a bug?

43. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Does anyone have a working tutorial for implementing Inventory Pro 2.5.7 with UFPS 1.7.1 & Multi-Player add-on?
    I am starting to get ticked off. I've been banging away at this for several days now and am losing hair by the handful.

Installing the asset into an existing project was of course a bad idea, so I've tried a fresh install, following the dox and the YouTube videos, but neither of these appear to be for the current version of the asset. I duplicated the AllDone scene, and added the MP-Advanced-Hero with InvPro scripts. He cannot move and cannot fire. I can hit "I" and see/interact with the inventory, but that is not much of a game. Ethan works, but I am not doing a TPS.

My console fills up with errors in the unchanged demo, and with the UFPS character:
    UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:193)
    UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:185)
    Devdog.InventoryPro.Editors.InventoryEditorBase.OnEnable () (at Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Other/Editor/InventoryEditorBase.cs:18)
    Devdog.InventoryPro.Editors.InventoryItemBaseEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Items/Editor/InventoryItemBaseEditor.cs:47)
    Devdog.InventoryPro.Editors.EquippableInventoryItemEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Items/Editor/EquippableInventoryItemEditor.cs:29)
    Devdog.InventoryPro.Editors.UnitTypeUFPSInventoryItemEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/Editor/UnitTypeUFPSInventoryItemEditor.cs:22)

(many, many times!) and

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vp_PlayerItemDropper.GenerateItemDrops () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_PlayerItemDropper.cs:251)
    vp_PlayerItemDropper.OnEnable () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_PlayerItemDropper.cs:171)

Please, is there someone that has done this before that can share the details or files that will enable this asset to integrate properly with UFPS-MP?

Mark

44. xercool

xercool

I got it. It's working fine. Thanks!

45. xercool

xercool

I've got error again...

What the problem may cause such errors?

I don't know what I did but currently I have following output:

Attached Files:

46. jorisshh

jorisshh

This comes from an internal Unity issue; Restarting Unity should resolve the issue :)

47. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Where are the UFPS-MP Inventory Pro setup videos?

48. xercool

xercool

Yep. You was right. Thank you!

hopeful likes this.
  49. xercool

xercool

Hi guys. I have a question about integration InventoryPro with Morph3D?
    Is there any script or solution to equip morph3D (MCS) character with equipment from Inventory Pro?

Thanks!

50. xercool

xercool

Hi. Your UMA example is not working.
    Could you send working example for latest UMA?

Thanks!

UMAResourceNotFoundException: SlotLibrary: Unable to find: MaleEyes
    UMA.SlotLibrary.InstantiateSlot (System.String name) (at Assets/UMA/Core/Scripts/SlotLibrary.cs:91)
    UMA.UMAContext.InstantiateSlot (System.String name) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAContext.cs:100)
    UMA.UMAPackedRecipeBase.UnpackRecipeVersion3 (UMA.UMARecipe umaRecipe, UMA.UMAPackRecipe umaPackRecipe, UMA.UMAContext context) (at Assets/UMA/Core/Scripts/UMAPackedRecipeBase.cs:936)
    UMA.UMAPackedRecipeBase.UnpackRecipe (UMA.UMARecipe umaRecipe, UMA.UMAPackRecipe umaPackRecipe, UMA.UMAContext context) (at Assets/UMA/Core/Scripts/UMAPackedRecipeBase.cs:35)
    UMA.UMAPackedRecipeBase.Load (UMA.UMARecipe umaRecipe, UMA.UMAContext context) (at Assets/UMA/Core/Scripts/UMAPackedRecipeBase.cs:20)
    UMA.UMATextRecipe.Load (UMA.UMARecipe umaRecipe, UMA.UMAContext context) (at Assets/UMA/Core/Extensions/DynamicCharacterSystem/Scripts/pUMATextRecipe.cs:175)
    UMA.UMAAvatarBase.Load (UMA.UMARecipeBase umaRecipe, UMA.UMARecipeBase[] umaAdditionalRecipes) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAAvatarBase.cs:104)
    UMA.UMADynamicAvatar.Start () (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMADynamicAvatar.cs:22)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017