Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Pro - uGUI - Performance - Mobile support & More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jorisshh, Mar 8, 2015.

?

What should I build next?

1. New currency system

14.1%
  2. Improved serialization / saving for web

10.8%
  3. Better properties for items (percentages, base values, etc)

27.2%
  4. Controller support

15.4%
  5. Unity 5.1 networking (multiplayer)

36.9%
  6. More modular build to simplify extending

25.1%
  7. UFPS Multiplayer (Asset integration)

11.5%
  8. Core GameKit (Asset integration)

4.1%
  9. Dialogue system (Asset integration)

21.3%
  10. Wordpress integration (Asset integration)

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I'm wondering is it possible to switch skill bar slots using mouse scroll wheel?
    Also I'm using 2.4 version and wondering if I can change the input for item pickups, I'm not using unity standard input manager I'm using a Free one that I saw on the asset store.

Instead of Input.GetButtonDown.(keycode.F);

it uses hardInput.GeyKeyDown("Use");

I don't mind changing hard code either as I'm not planning to update.
    Thanx Again Jimbob

2. jorisshh

jorisshh

Sure. The easiest way to do this would be to create a new script that handles the scrolling input, something like: SkillBarInputHandler. Then, when scrolling just grab the index % skillbar length, that way, when scrolling past the end you'll start back at the beginning (you may want to + skillbar length when going negative to make it work both ways). Because you now have an index you can grab the slot (called wrapper in 2.4) and visualize it's selected.

var slot = skillbarCollection.items[index]; // Set visuals here

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  3. JBR-games

JBR-games

• Updated to new devdog.general ITriggerCallbacks (returns bool) - BREAKING CHANGE
    the trigger video tutorial script doesnt seem to work anymore, whats the best way to receive call backs now ?

And while we are on the subject of triggers, is there a way to not use the pregenerated round trigger, and use like a simple box. ??

NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
    JBR_InvPro_Trigger_Callback_Listner.Devdog.General.ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUsed (Devdog.General.Player player) (at Assets/_JBR_Scripts/JBR_InvPro_Trigger_Callback_Listner.cs:18)
    Devdog.General.TriggerBase.NotifyTriggerUsed (Devdog.General.Player player) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Triggers/TriggerBase.cs:197)
    Devdog.General.Trigger.Use (Devdog.General.Player player) (at Assets/Devdog/General/Triggers/Trigger.cs:128)

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using Devdog.General;
    4. using System;
    6. public class JBR_InvPro_Trigger_Callback_Listner : MonoBehaviour, ITriggerCallbacks
    7. {
    10.     bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUnUsed(Player player)
    11.     {
    12.         throw new NotImplementedException(); //why cant i delete this...
    13.         Debug.Log(player + "Trigger"); // this doesnt work...
    14.     }
    16.     bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUsed(Player player)
    17.     {
    18.         throw new NotImplementedException();
    19.         Debug.Log(player + "Trigger");
    20.     }
    25.     // Use this for initialization
    26.     void Start()
    27.     {
    29.     }
    31.     // Update is called once per frame
    32.     void Update()
    33.     {
    35.     }
    36. }

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. jorisshh

jorisshh

You should now return true if you consume the event and return false if you don't want to consume it. Instead of invoking the first it now starts at the top and keeps going as long as the callback receivers return false. When it returns true it consumes the event and it no longer continues.

bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUnUsed(Player player)
    {
    throw new NotImplementedException(); //why cant i delete this...
    Debug.Log(player + "Trigger"); // this doesnt work...

return false;
    }

bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUsed(Player player)
    {
    throw new NotImplementedException();
    Debug.Log(player + "Trigger");

return false;
    }

5. JBR-games

JBR-games

thanks for the quick response but i'm not understanding consuming events.. maybe a little code help since your tutorials are broken ? and do i really need exceptions thrown everytime ?

6. jorisshh

jorisshh

Instead of firing the event on the first component that implements the interface it will now start at the top and work it's way down. If the OnTriggerUsed returns false it will NOT consume the event and the propagation (calling components from top to bottom) continues. IF you do return true it will stop and no further callbacks on this object will be fired.

As an example below, note the return statement at the bottom :)

bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUnUsed(Player player)
    {
    throw new NotImplementedException(); //why cant i delete this...
    Debug.Log(player + "Trigger"); // this doesnt work...

return false; // Don't consume the event (other callback receivers will be called)
    }

bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUsed(Player player)
    {
    throw new NotImplementedException();
    Debug.Log(player + "Trigger");

return true; // Consume this event (no other callback receivers will be called)
    }

7. JBR-games

JBR-games

Lets simplfy this a bit.
    when the player enters a trigger area how do i now get this code to be called;

Code (CSharp):
    1. Debug.Log("Trigger Area Entered");
    Also is there a way to use a custom sized box trigger instead of the round generated trigger ?
    And are we now forced to always have an exception thrown in console log now ?

Code (CSharp):
    1. throw new NotImplementedException();       //why cant i delete this... I dont want this in my console log
    2. Debug.Log(player + "Trigger");         // this doesnt work...unreachable code

8. jorisshh

jorisshh

You need to return true or false at the end if you do so you can remove the exception.

But, you want to log some info when the player walks into a 'zone'? If so you don't want to use the trigger. Triggers are used for objects in the world the player can use, such as a treasure chest, an NPC, etc.

If you want to use a zone to check whether the player is in a certain area you can write a simple script like:

using Devdog.General;

protected void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    {
    var player = other.gameObject.GetComponent<Player>();
    if (player != null)
    {
    Debug.Log("Player entered trigger/zone");
    }
    }

protected void OnTriggerExit(Collider other)
    {
    var player = other.gameObject.GetComponent<Player>();
    if (player != null)
    {
    Debug.Log("Player left trigger/zone");
    }
    }

9. JBR-games

JBR-games

Ok i apologize for the repeated questions...
    Thank you for the unity trigger tutorial script but that is not what i needed.

SO I have an NPC Vendor, when the player enters the Vendors trigger area i need to run some code before the vendor is available. How do I DO that ??

this no longer works (I Just want to do what the video shows !!! )

adding this script does stop vendor from starting , returning true or false still gives exception and gives me no access to start a new function.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. using Devdog.General;
    4. using System;
    6. public class JBR_InvPro_Trigger_Callback_Listner : MonoBehaviour, ITriggerCallbacks
    7. {
    10.     bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUnUsed(Player player)
    11.     {
    12.         throw new NotImplementedException();
    13.         return false;  //says unreachable code here
    14.     }
    16.     bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUsed(Player player)
    17.     {
    18.         throw new NotImplementedException();
    19.         MyCustomFunction(); //says unreachable code here
    20.         return true;
    21.     }
    23.     public void MyCustomFunction()
    24.     {
    25.         Debug.Log("Player entered Vendor area");
    26.     }
    29.     // Use this for initialization
    30.     void Start()
    31.     {
    33.     }
    35.     // Update is called once per frame
    36.     void Update()
    37.     {
    39.     }
    40. }

10. jorisshh

jorisshh

You don't need to throw the exception, the only thing that you have to change is returning a bool value.

When you throw an exception all code after that exception won't be run, as the exception stops and returns to the caller.

Here's the full script:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. using Devdog.General;
    4. using System;
    5. public class JBR_InvPro_Trigger_Callback_Listner : MonoBehaviour, ITriggerCallbacks
    6. {
    7.     bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUnUsed(Player player)
    8.     {
    9.         return false;  //says unreachable code here
    10.     }
    11.     bool ITriggerCallbacks.OnTriggerUsed(Player player)
    12.     {
    13.         MyCustomFunction(); //says unreachable code here
    14.         return false;
    15.     }
    16.     public void MyCustomFunction()
    17.     {
    18.         Debug.Log("Player entered Vendor area");
    19.     }
    20.     // Use this for initialization
    21.     void Start()
    22.     {
    23.     }
    24.     // Update is called once per frame
    25.     void Update()
    26.     {
    27.     }
    28. }

11. JBR-games

JBR-games

Now it's working perfectly thank you

12. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

For anyone with couldn't create asset errors, what worked for me was to remove RCC and Realistic Eye Movements folders, not sure which one it is, but I think RCC as I saw a start up message to get started with RCC. So maybe something to do with that.

Thanx anyway :D
    Latest U Pro from store, Unity 5.4.1 Win 10

13. magique

magique

Is there anything anywhere in Inventory Pro that is controlling whether the mouse is unlocked and visible? I have been using Inventory Pro with Opsive's Third Person Controller and for some reason the cursor keeps unlocking and is visible which is making it so hard to test. I have cursor disabled in TPC and their demo scenes work just fine, but when I have TPC combined with IP then it ignores the disable cursor and enables it. I'm not 100% this is IP related because it might be some other component I'm using, but this seems the most likely culprit. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere that is causing it to enable?

14. jorisshh

jorisshh

The bridge between Inventory Pro and opsive's third person controller calls the OnAllowGameplayInput event, which the Third Person Controller uses; I can't actually peek in the source code, as I have a development copy without source.

What I can tell you is that Inventory Pro doesn't enable the mouse cursor. It does use SetCursor for triggers, however it doesn't set it to visible or invisible. If you have the source code could you check if the OnAllowGameplayInput receiver enables the cursor icon?

15. magique

magique

OK, thanks. I think it must be something else causing it. I'll keep digging.

16. LNMRae

LNMRae

Hey, I'm having an issue where upon trying to import Playmaker I get a bunch of errors.

I'm running Unity 5.4.1f1. Totally new project with nothing in it. What I do is import Inventory Pro, then I attempt to import Playmaker 1.8.3. I get a whole lot of Missing built-in guistyle errors. My font in the unity editor itself changes and I can't click on my hierarchy with any accuracy. There is also some NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object errors as well.

17. jorisshh

jorisshh

Could you give me the full error + stack trace. When you select the error the stack trace will show up at the bottom in the Unity console.

Also, have you tried restarting Unity? It sounds like runtime errors and not compiler errors.

18. magique

magique

Is there some way to disable the Update message? I keep getting a message to update Devdog general library when I run my game in the editor. I can understand that it might ask me when I first open the project, but it's constantly asking me to update every time I run it. And I didn't want to risk breaking anything so I don't want to update. Last time it did this I just updated anyway, but it started doing it again today. I really didn't want to update, but I wanted the message to go away so I said OK. Unfortunately, it gave an error in the middle of the update and then just got stuck at about 90%. I had to kill Unity and restart.

19. jorisshh

jorisshh

devdog.io/uploads/default/devdog_general/latest.unitypackage
    Could you send me the error you got if you still have it? In the old updater there was an issue when updating while in play mode; This has been fixed in a new updater, but this of course... came with an update :)) To prevent it from updating you can go to Assets/Devdog/General.XML and change the version number (the current one is 0.26).

V0.25 -> V0.26 has no breaking changes.

Edit: Just updated the updater utility, it now won't show when entering and exiting playmode anymore, just on start up of unity, or through the Tools > Devdog > Check for updates menu item.

Edit 2: Put the new updater utility tool live (it's in the actual update for 0.26). After updating to 0.26 it will no longer request updating when entering and exiting playmode. You can also download the update here: http://devdog.io/uploads/default/devdog_general/latest.unitypackage

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  20. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Hello,
    I have a Problem with inventories: I set up a consumable item with a max stack height of 999. I copied the inventory window from your "all done" scene, but I am using a custom input system. My script calls ItemTriggerInputHandler.Use and I drop the prefab in the scene. This works for the first one, I get an item in the inventory window and the weight increases, but if I do it a second time, I get the click sound, but neither weight nor stack increases.

21. jorisshh

jorisshh

If you want to use a custom input system you can completely replace the ItemTriggerInputHandler (and other input handlers as well), just make sure to implement ITriggerInputHandler or inherit from TriggerInputHandlerBase, which as some extra helper methods. I've made these separate components exactly for this reason, ReWired also has it's own input handlers :)

As for the item use, is the item perhaps in cooldown, or is an error / warning thrown?

22. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Cooldown time is zero, no error, no warning. I didn't use it, I just want to pick it up.
    I forgot that I can step through code now that unity uses visual studio and followed the execution.
    ItemCollectionBase, line 1096 and following:
    Code (csharp):
    1. if(items[i].item == null) continue;
    I can see in vs that items[ i ].item is not null, but it continues anyway, so it seems to be a problem with mono or something..

23. magique

magique

After killing Unity and restarting, I was able to do the update and there are no errors. Thanks for the updater fix.

jorisshh likes this.
  24. jorisshh

jorisshh

It might just be a debugger thing. At times it seems to step into code it shouldn't and at the next step it randomly jump down to the point is should've stepped in the first place. I have these weird things at times as well (assuming that's what's happening here).

In the first iteration of AddItem a loop scans for a collection with the same item as we're trying to add so it can be stacked (so stacking always happens before choosing a new slot), then, in a 2nd loop (assuming the item hasn't been placed yet), a new empty slot is searched.

Are you perhaps picking up the same item multiple times? Maybe the references got mingled or something?

25. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

I am picking up several instances of the same item. I changed "items[ i ].item == null" to
    Code (csharp):
    2. ICollectionItem tempItem=items[i];
    3. if(!(tempItem.item is InventoryItemBase))
    Now it works. I don't know if it is the debugger, but the wrong call to continue happened in 100% of the tests. The first loop (which searches just for null) always continues, regardless which item is used.

By the way: where are the actual items stored?
    I want to be able to switch characters and I thought every character could have one inventory and several inventorywindows reference the current inventory (one window only for weapons, one only for clothes, one with predefined slots for consumables...), but it seems that the windows itself stores the items. What's the best approach for that?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  26. jorisshh

jorisshh

Yes, the items are stored in the InventoryUI, you can, however, create a collection that's not bound to UI if you'd like to, just create an ItemCollectionBase instance.

To filter the items I'd suggest using the inventory's slots (the elements that store the items) as a pool of slots, and display them in other windows. This way the reference to the original collection will remain, only the visual 'alignment' will change across multiple windows.

To do this you could, at run-time, grab all items of a specific category (or whatever you're trying to sort by), and move them to the window that only shows that specific category.

You can grab items from a collection using Linq (one of many ways):
    var slots = myInventory.items.Where(o => o.item != null && o.item.category.name == "Weapons").ToArray(); // This selects the slots (the visual item that you see in the collection, which in turn contains the item).

// Move slots to the new window
    foreach(var slot in slots)
    {
    slot.transform.SetParent(myWindowContainer); // Move it to the new window
    }

27. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

ItemCollectionBase already wanted a canvas, so I thought "that's the wrong one" yesterday, but now I took your gathering example and use ItemCollectionSlotUI for display (just reference one of the items of my collection), that way I can see the item in the inventory window and in the shortcut slots.
    Thank you for your help.

28. jorisshh

jorisshh

Version 2.5.3 is here :)

After some consideration, I've decided that Inventory Pro, Quest System Pro, The Sci-Fi UI Design, and Los Pro will get free updates and upgrades for life. So no more paid upgrades :)

• NodeCanvas integration
    • Removed OnAddedItemCollectionFull for playmaker
    • Fixed conversion issue of items (in editor)
    • All demo scenes updated to work with the new trigger handlers
    • StatRowUI uses StatDefinition's string formatting when overridden format is empty (in stat row UI)
    • New slot UI uses the OnDrop handler for drag and drop (fixes mobile) + fixed double tap action
    • Added option to scale equipped items to Vector3.one; This option is enabled by default.
    • Rewired demo updated, all windows and triggers now use the rewired specific components
    • ItemCollectionBase container is now of type Transform instead of RectTransform, and grabs the current transform by default if left empty (still marked required to emphasize it's importance)
    • ItemCollectionSlotData updated, now has the exact same behavior as the other slots (collection is auto. set on the item as in index)
    • Removed OnCollectionFull event from code
    • Updated GUID's for third person character stuff to avoid collision with the Unity standard assets
    • Player controller updated, now uses the new character controller reference
    • Moved equipment binders to player spawner to allow linking. Dynamic linking can still be used (search by string & naming conventions) - Overwritten the spawner's data can be disabled in it's settings
    • Added create database button to the dialog "select database" fixes #223 and fixes #216
    • Added warning to itemcollectionbaseAddCounter IF the item does not reside in the current database
    • Removed un-used using statements + change existing using System.Linq; to new using Devdog.General.ThirdParty.UniLinq; which should prevent issues with AOT platforms.
    • Update UFPS to 1.7 and multiplayer to 1.0 - Weird reloading issue exists, contacted Opsive about it (Bug in UFPS 1.7)
    • Fixed type in currency editor (pural to plural)
    • UIWindowAngleChanger disables itself if not in a camera space canvas.
    • Action helper clears selection of slot after selling / dialogs / interfering elements
    • InfoBox's pools are now protected
    • Fixed option in InfoBoxUI showWhenHoveringLootableObject now works as expected
    • Equippable slot equipment types array is initialized as an array of length 0 by default
    • Visual item equipment fixed when using a character collection with "Use references"
    • Fixed character controller continues moving when window is opened that block player input
    • Crafting blueprints not saving in crafting editor fixed (fixes #231)
    • VendorUI reselects first slot after buying an item with remove item after purchase (fixes #225)
    • Updated editors to prevent marking objects dirty when not needed
    • By default the first item of the vendor is now selected (fixes #224) - See action helper and OnShow event

julianr, wood333, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  29. wood333

wood333

I do not see the skinned mesh bone demo. Is it part of one of the other demo scenes?

30. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I've been trying most of the day but with no luck, I'm wondering how to remove the info when you hoover over an item...

I found this but it's not working
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public virtual LinkedList<ItemInfoRow[]> GetInfo()
    2.     {
    3.         var info = base.GetInfo();
    4.         var fList = info.First.ToList();
    5.         fList.RemoveAll(o => o.title == "Weight"); // Remove weight
    6.         fList.RemoveAll(o => o.title == "Required level"); // Remove required level
    8.         info.First = fList.ToArray();
    10.         info.Remove(info.First.Next); // Remove pricing.
    11.         return info;
    12.     }
    I have it inside my custom Item type script

I'm using latest version, I upgraded last few days :D
    Thank you :D

31. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

RFPS / Inventory Pro v2.4 latest (It is deprecated, but this is for ppl who have old version. I will make a new demo tomorrow night for v2.5 latest, altho you only need to change some namespace names, and change the inventory audio. basically add using devdog.general; at the top )

Scripts from previous post was from an older v2.4, so I've dated to latest. Includes another script to handle the mouse cursor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwHnbBuRZU8kaDgtYUxQY2wzSE0/view?usp=sharing

:D

Includes a Demo scene with everything setup, includes all scripts to make it work with Inventory Pro v2.4 latest.

Includes a Demo Items Database with a few items setup.

Handles Player mouse too, you can set to hide weapon if the inv window is open.

DOES NOT Include any scripts or assets from either RFPS or Inventory Pro.

Nateply likes this.
  32. wickedpopular

wickedpopular

Hi! Is it possible to use this asset for stuff like buffs and debuffs? For instance, something like poison, burn, or slow that gets added to a character and goes away after a while? I've not seen anything that indicates any Inventory Pro items can cause Damage Over Time or anything like that, or that they can work like a buff and "time out."

And in the same vein, is there some kind of method for managing stacking with different effects? For instance, could I stack four or five magic crystals into the same slot to have their effects stacked, or can you only have one equipped item take effect at a time?

If you could do both of these things it would be a cool way to create an RPG buff/debuff stystem with stacking.

TeagansDad likes this.
  33. Alex3333

Alex3333

How to make when closing the window crafting , crafting items, everything went by itself. To continue crafting items. So to say the player clicked on the crafting of a specific item , craft item hit the list . If several just put it to Kraft , the objects lined up and continue crafting after closing the window crafting. How this can be implemented. Craft window standard.(CraftingWindowStandard)

34. julianr

julianr

Hi... I'm not getting Inventory full or weight maximum reached messages displayed on the NoticeUI .. I'm getting them in the console log... any ideas how I can put the inventory full message in there, is there a rule. or something I need to setup? Using the TPC (Opsive) integration.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  35. julianr

julianr

I can help you with this, drop me a PM.

36. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hey, a couple questions about using skills.
    First is there a way to not show weight in mouse over? And how would i add other stats like elemental type, Damage, etc...

Also. For these other stats how would i go about using them towards an enemy instead of player ?

37. KingLlama

KingLlama

I was wondering how to connect the UFPS Health to the Health that is on the character chart?

38. wood333

wood333

Is jorisshh taking a break/vacation?

39. hopeful

hopeful

Don't know. He might be busy with something else, or possibly not getting forum notifications.

If you have an urgent issue, I'd suggest contacting him by his support email.

40. JBR-games

JBR-games

"After some consideration, I've decided that Inventory Pro, Quest System Pro, The Sci-Fi UI Design, and Los Pro willget free updates and upgrades for life. So no more paid upgrades:)"

This has me worried that he might be planning on not supporting this much longer or hopefully he's just on vacation and will be back soon

41. wood333

wood333

Can't figure why Jorisshh is away without explanation, unless he's burned out and tired of us. He wrote an excellent Devdog blog article that is dated November 11, which is tomorrow by my timezone. I don't see a newsletter since October 26th, but I may have missed one. Curious, we are in the dark. Hope he is well.

jorisshh likes this.
  42. julianr

julianr

saw him online here earlier today answering a few PMs, but that's all .. :/

43. MEATREX_Netzwork

MEATREX_Netzwork

Heyy its a Nice Inventory System, can you make a drink System ?

lg
    sven

44. JBR-games

JBR-games

If you mean something similar to the hunger system then yes you can pretty much copy paste that system in rename inventory stats & the UI element then you should be good to go.

If you haven't yet purchased this then consider that the developer has been several weeks away from the forums and right now I'm unsure if this product is going to be supported in the future. Which is a shame has although this does have a bit of a tough learning curve at first once you get used to and understand it it's a pretty powerful system

jorisshh and MEATREX_Netzwork like this.
  45. Doctor06

Doctor06

Imported inventory pro(2.5.3) to an existing project.
    Moved AICharacterControl, ThirdPersonCharacter and ThirdPersonUserControl from root Standard assents to 'Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPerson Character/Scripts/'
    This got rid of original errors, but then i get 7 more errors where six have to do with override problems.

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Modules/Triggers/AdvancedTrigger.cs(39,30): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventoryPro.AdvancedTrigger.CanUse(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Modules/Triggers/AdvancedTrigger.cs(68,30): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventoryPro.AdvancedTrigger.CanUnUse(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Modules/Triggers/ItemTrigger.cs(40,30): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventoryPro.ItemTrigger.CanUse(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Modules/Triggers/ItemTrigger.cs(56,30): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventoryPro.ItemTrigger.CanUnUse(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Modules/Triggers/ItemTrigger.cs(61,30): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventoryPro.ItemTrigger.Use(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Modules/Triggers/ItemTrigger.cs(84,30): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventoryPro.ItemTrigger.UnUse(Player)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPerson Character/Scripts/AICharacterControl.cs(11,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonCharacter' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

What is the quick fix for this? is there an aimed fix to put on the next release for this? i would really like to apply this package to my project, but every time i try, i run into problems like this.
    I have had this package for 2 months now and i have to keep deleting if from my project so i can actually make progress.
    This packages has only slowed me down, and it might be even faster to build my own. Not as robust as this, but at least it would work.

Can you please help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
    Let me know if you need more info.

P.s. I am also a developer and i know how hard it is to put out a perfect product that pleases everybody, so my sympathies to you. im just a bit frustrated its all. You still have a great looking asset, i just wish i could get it up and running without too much trouble so i can actually test and asses.

46. jorisshh

jorisshh

Hey, sorry for the absence for a while; I've been planning something big and kept pushing back the Unity forum updates. I've been active at the Devdog forums and mail though.

I'll answer all questions in a minute :); Apologies for the delay.

47. jorisshh

jorisshh

There's currently no time-based stats on players, but you can add this yourself easily through the stats system and a custom equipable item type.

Effects are not stacked by default, this might be unwanted behavior, but again, you can easily implement this in a custom item type. See: http://devdog.io/unity-assets/inventory-pro/documentation/2.5p/api/creating-a-new-item-type

48. jorisshh

jorisshh

You can implement this in the crafting progress container; This keeps track of the crafting of a single 'crafting station'. It already uses a queue internally, so you really only have to push more stuff onto it + do the UI.

49. julianr

julianr

you missed one ;)

The messages work on the demo project, so it must be related to the integration or I've missed something. Any pointers?

jorisshh likes this.
  50. jorisshh

jorisshh

I think It broke in the last update, I'll fix it for the next update :) - Issue report: https://bitbucket.org/jjahuijbregts...236/collection-full-message-no-longer-showing

julianr likes this.