Search Unity

Inventory Pro - uGUI - Performance - Mobile support & More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jorisshh, Mar 8, 2015.

?

What should I build next?

1. New currency system

14.1%
  2. Improved serialization / saving for web

10.8%
  3. Better properties for items (percentages, base values, etc)

27.2%
  4. Controller support

15.4%
  5. Unity 5.1 networking (multiplayer)

36.9%
  6. More modular build to simplify extending

25.1%
  7. UFPS Multiplayer (Asset integration)

11.5%
  8. Core GameKit (Asset integration)

4.1%
  9. Dialogue system (Asset integration)

21.3%
  10. Wordpress integration (Asset integration)

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Teila

Teila

The support you have given us is definitely worth $15. :) Actually, more than $15, but you know what I mean. lol

2. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

Just came here to say thanks for continuing to work on and improve this product. I got the email and upgraded without hesitation. I know some pc users can be angsty about paying for an upgrade if they assumed all future upgrades would be free (typically gamers on steam), but I just wanted to give my thanks.

When I suggested rewired integration for a previous version he implemented it without delay for free which was amazing. I'm looking forward to try out the new version with the optimazation changes as previously the inventory started to lag with more than 100 items.

This will mean that I can design the inventory around the game instead of designing the game around the inventory limitations. Also good to see that items can have randomized stats or quality versions (another one of my suggestions).

All and all I'm really happy with this asset and am looking forward to future developments (improved stats passing from better quality components to the crafted items is next on my wish list along with a system similar to FFVII's materia equipping where I can combing fire and all in a linked slot to give fire the "cast on all" property - and if you put fire and 4x in another slot then you get fire on all 4x but perhaps I'll have to implement this myself).

Also, equipping gems in slots, enchanting and applying armor packs like wow and other rpgs would be great and if the demand is there for particular additions or compatibilities the dev has shown that he has no issues implementing them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  3. imgumby

imgumby

LOL..it appears some of you would gladly pay Microsoft each time they update their buggy software .

A slippery slope..I'm sure none of you will mind when ALL Asset Store developers start charging for any and all updates....What's good for the goose is good for the gander after all and why should just one developer benefit from this course of action ?Watch...it'll happen.., a few code revisions,fixes and version number change... a simple deprecation and voila...a new asset with which you can squeeze early adopters for more money .I bought Quest System as an early adopter figuring it would update for free (like ALL the others before it) but fear now I wasted my money and should have just waited for the final version.It'd likely be cheaper after all was said and done particularly after this fiasco.When I read on it's product page that a price increase would come with a final version I took it as marketing to get early sales.Not a warning that I'll have to pay later for the privilege of being a beta monkey.

I need to figure out what unfinished product I can produce and sell to you all and charge you periodically for "necessary updates"....I'll be rich !!!

To the moderator:Nothing is this post is "threatening inflammatory or trolling"

4. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

So what about paying $100 for an asset only to find the next day its on sale for 70% discount. Is it the asset creators fault?

5. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

I havnt tried yet, but would be interesting to see tutorial to get InvPro working with PlayMaker.

jorisshh likes this.
  6. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Current price to upgrade $15 is worth it in my opinion.

Will networking support be in this version or will we wait for 3.0 :)

UFPS had networking support as a separate asset addon. If it is going to be a lot of work for auth server networking, then I would be very happy to pay for a separate addon.
    Just thinking that way existing clients who dont need networking do no need to upgrade if they dont want to.

7. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@imgumby you are being ridiculously melodramatic here. A $15 charge for a major update after a year and a half of free updates in no way suggests that future updates of Inventory Pro or any of their other assets will require a fee.

Given that 2.5 has extensive enough changes so as not to be backwards compatible, you can safely consider it a new version. Nobody is getting scammed. The 2.4.x version remains perfectly usable and is in no way a "beta" version.

Seriously, let it go already.

Teila, chiapet1021, Arganth and 3 others like this.
  8. Alex3333

Alex3333

I believe that the developer did everything right. For a long time he made many changes and improvements to the inventory. But, I'm using UFPS with the inventory and I was told that the problem will be solved with synchronization of all items in the inventory with ufps. However, in this update as I understand it, again, did not. BUT I bought the upgrade and hope it will be done soon. And if you do a paid upgrade , add in a little update of what people need.

9. imgumby

imgumby

melodramatic.....lol...more like not going to just roll over and take it like a good fan boy...if no one complains it'll be easier for dev's like this one to justify skirting the rules I posted earlier.
    When Pro Draw Call Optimizer did something similar earlier this year they at least offered a free upgrade to ALL existing customers for 30 days.Nothing like this silly "last 40 days" cut off that punishes people who bought earlier.The reasoning behind that particular decision boggles the mind and if it had been handled similarly to PDCO we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
    re:"A $15 charge for a major update after a year and a half of free updates in no way suggests that future updates of Inventory Pro or any of their other assets will require a fee"
    I would argue that empirical evidence suggests otherwise.We've already seen him charge for this update from 2.4.6 to version 2.5 so why not all others under the guise of being new enough in his opinion to be a new version?? Certainly Inventory Pro version 3.0 will cost us even more once it's released.
    I own more than a couple assets from other developers with longer histories than this one yet they seem to keep updating without feeling the need to squeeze existing customers for changes.
    Quest System pro will likely be next.Once it goes out of beta the price will rise per the store description itself...why not follow suit and raise the price to current users of the beta? I mean it's new and improved after all .....:thumbsup:

10. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

11. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

I instantly purchased the upgrade as soon as it poped up in my mail.
    simply because the history of this thread prove that there is serious work by the developer and after having used the asset for more than a year on many released game using it.

if people like long term developed assets like this one 15 $ after all these updates is totally fine.
    else you can still find other assets like Candela SSR or DAIKON GUI for short term developed assets

Tinjaw, Teila, TeagansDad and 2 others like this.
  12. Arganth

Arganth

hits the nail on its head.
    the assetstore is full with "finished" assets without further upgrades
    and it is quite easy to fall prey to them.

I gladly pay extra for premium assets like devdogs assets before buying others
    which are not continued after a few weeks/months.

Tinjaw, Teila, TeagansDad and 2 others like this.
  13. Alex3333

Alex3333

how to upgrade to 2.5? Previous folder need to be deleted ??? Or upgrade on top ?

14. jorisshh

jorisshh

Delete /Assets/InventorySystem/ and import V2.5

15. Alex3333

Alex3333

Thank you )

16. wood333

wood333

Actually I'm developing on windows 7 "unpatched" and I've never had a problem with unity or the 230 store assets I own, so you should leave Microsoft out of the rage commentary. Just sayin; :confused:

Of course, I too have upgraded, because there is great value for a paltry $15.

Teila likes this.
  17. Teila

Teila

Yeah, this asset is like 20 assets all rolled into one! :) If we are not willing to pay people who do work for us, then we won't have those people anymore. The asset store will be full of prototype-level assets and nothing that really can be used for a finished game.

Tinjaw, julianr, ldl01031 and 5 others like this.
  18. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

the problem is that you are the only one who seems to be complaining. you said your piece and everyone else would like to use this thread in the forum to constructively discuss the product and future requests for features and tutorials.

If you feel like you deserve your money back, make a claim or go speak with your credit card company.
    else use the product you purchased which you can still use
    or alternatively, do what most the people have here already done and upgrade for $15 and feel glad knowing that you are helping the devs in the community to continue to provide great software and support.

but please do one thing, stop going on in the forums about it.

19. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

aaaaaaaaaaaah silence is golden.

Jor' do you have a list for tutorials you will be working on?

TeagansDad likes this.
  20. ldl01031

ldl01031

Hi. What controls the display of an individual pickup item? When I move my mouse to an item, the window constantly flips around in every direction (up/down/backwards/etc.). Ever see that before? I'll try starting from scratch with a blank project to try to get a handle on it - but I thought I'd ask since the knowledgeable folks here might solve it with a simple reply :) Thanks.

21. jorisshh

jorisshh

Got a PM a hour ago, turns out he got temp. blocked from the Unity forums;
    Not yet, wrapping up the sci-fi design, it no longer requires Inventory pro (almost done). After that I'll start to look into video tutorials for Inventory Pro, and potential future assets of course :)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the support, I really do appreciate it :)

Teila, chiapet1021 and TeagansDad like this.
  22. jorisshh

jorisshh

Do you mean the visuals shown when hovering over an item (or showing showing a visual element on the nearest trigger)?
    If so, this is managed in the TriggerUI in the canvas; There's an option to NOT move it to the trigger's screen-space position (probably something you'd want to use for raycasting)

23. ldl01031

ldl01031

The visual shown when hovering over an item. I duplicated this when starting from scratch and following every detail in the first video (other than I used a 'real' potion for the prefab - but creating a second one that is just a cube gives the same result). The TriggerUI code is not being hit in this case.

24. ldl01031

ldl01031

FWIW - when the Canvas gets copied, it loses its reference to the Render Camera, causing the behavior I mentioned.

25. jorisshh

jorisshh

Did you specify the trigger selector in the new player component?

In v2.5 the Player component has been added. Here you can specify which selector (the script that selects the desired trigger).

Range selector: Grabs the best trigger in range based on it's distance and how much it's in-front (dot) of the player, and returns null when there's nothing in range.
    Raycast selector: Grabs the trigger that's directly in-front of the player's view (center of the screen), and returns null when nothing is in the center.

26. julianr

julianr

Does the new 2.5 Inventory pro work with Third Person Controller by Opsive, or is it a breaking change?

27. jorisshh

jorisshh

Yep, but you'll have to download the latest version from Opsive's website; Version 2.5.1 will come with the Third Person controller (opsive) integration by default through the integration wizard.

TeagansDad and julianr like this.
  28. julianr

julianr

You have my upgrade sale :)

29. wood333

wood333

Is Invector's 3rd person controller supported in 2.5.1 ?

30. jorisshh

jorisshh

Nope no Invector at the moment; I'm working on something I'm sure many people will like (will post something soon); I'll consider an Invector integration for 2.5+ :)

julianr likes this.
  31. Arganth

Arganth

anybody getting has a problem like this with inventory pro 2.5?

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Devdog.Internal ('Assets/Devdog/Internal/Devdog.Internal.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:146)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:184)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

32. superwendel

superwendel

Just tried to do a PC build myself, getting the same error.

33. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

I have a problem with PC build i can not start the exe. became a error data folder not found,but rename will not help,when i deinstall inventory pro and rebuild new, works the exe fine.same problem with LosPro...

work with unity 5.4

Have test a build with the demo´s inventory pro and los pro same error :(
    ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Devdog.Internal ('Assets/Devdog/Internal/Devdog.Internal.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:146)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:184)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

no screenshootsaturday for me :( :( :(

34. bjolin

bjolin

devdog.internal.dll.png
    I had same problem when making an IOS build. Changed the Devdog.Internal.dll platform from "Any Platform" to "Editor", applied the changes and after that the problem was gone. Hope this also helps you.

jorisshh likes this.
  35. jorisshh

jorisshh

@Pandur1982 @bjolin is right; An issue with the package, just move it to editor only and it should do the trick. This will also be fixed in V2.5.1.

36. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Upgraded but I'm wondering if this will still work for ufps? I get some errors with ufps Mp, also for the new version the integrations menu doesn't appear.... maybe this is because it can't compile since there's an error with mp?

Anyway Thank You, & defo worth upgrading fee, there maybe should be an easier way for unity to implement for updates as they are free and if your not selling your asset enough though the month like you need to. Plus you need to eat bro. :D

Thanx Again

edit, this is error message...
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/ItemTypes/UFPSInventoryItemBase.cs(7,44): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Multiplayer' does not exist in the namespace `Devdog.InventoryPro.Integration.UFPS'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  37. jorisshh

jorisshh

It looks like the using statement:

using Devdog.InventoryPro.Integration.UFPS.Multiplayer;

Is no longer in it's conditional compilation code block:

#if UFPS_MULTIPLAYER

Fixed for the next version, but if you move the using statement inside the #if block it should do the trick :) (you may have to do the same thing for ItemTriggerUFPS.cs)

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  38. wood333

wood333

I stumbled on one Inventory Pro user who wants to apply armor directly from the Inventory Pro HUDs, in this case, using Ootii's Mount Points.

From Mount Points Forum:

dtran post on Mount Points forum.JPG
    Personally, I think it would be best if you coded the implementation. FYI, Ootii responded that there was nothing in Mount Points that hindered nor helped this implementation.

39. jorisshh

jorisshh

Hm.. yeah I could do a mountpoints integration, but with the new equipment handlers in V2.5 equipping skinned meshes onto the character is pretty much childs play, so I was considering implementing that myself :) - Of course I can do mountpoints, but everything asside from the skinned meshes and bleedthrough fix is already integrated in Inventory pro, there's a lot of overlapping functionality.

wood333 and Pandur1982 like this.
  40. wood333

wood333

Oh Yes, please do! :D

41. Zhuraj

Zhuraj

Hi,
    You wrote on your Blog [...] you will also have the chance to acquire Inventory Pro 2.5 for only $55 for the rest of August, after which period the price will rise to $65. [...] But i cant see any discount in the unity asset store?

42. jorisshh

jorisshh

The price got raised back up to $65 by Unity's asset store team. I'm not really allowed to say why, what I can say is, if you're considering buying you may want to wait just a bit longer :) (*cough, hint hint)

Zhuraj, hopeful and superwendel like this.
  43. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi Joris,

is there an upgrade guide available from 2.4.x to 2.5? It looks like the itemwrapper classes don't exist any longer. Apart from that my complete UI seems to be non operational after the upgrade. Maybe I need some more inside on which api changes are made as the normal remove/reimport from an empty project doesn't work.

44. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

have make the update and became this error on easy setup :(

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:665)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:372)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:332)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoButton (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:53)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.Button (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:43)
    Devdog.InventoryPro.Editors.EasySetupEditor.DrawStep1 () (at Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Managers/Editor/EasySetupEditor.cs:81)
    Devdog.InventoryPro.Editors.EasySetupEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/Devdog/InventoryPro/Scripts/Managers/Editor/EasySetupEditor.cs:47)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

45. magique

magique

2.5 is not backward compatible with 2.4. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a way to upgrade an older project to the new system.

46. jorisshh

jorisshh

It'd be easiest to check the release notes at: http://devdog.io/unity-assets/inventory-pro/release-notes it contains all the info on the changes, renames and what not.

Overall, what changed is:
    - Renaming: Some "Inventory" prefixes on names were removed:
    - Stats now have a StatDefinition that contains the 'constant' information (flyweight)
    - StatsContainer renamed to StatsCollection
    - Renamed Wrapper to Slot
    - "Property" is renamed to stat on items and other
    - Renamed UIWindow to UIWindowDeprecated and DraggableWindowDeprecated -> Using devdog.general.ui .. now

47. jorisshh

jorisshh

Does this error happen as soon as you open the window? Does it spam errors and become uncontrollable or does it just show the error once?

48. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

this error came when i press in easy setup the button step 1 or skip step.I can not go to step 2 in easy setup.

49. magique

magique

I've tried the new 2.5 version, but it won't compile for the Wii U platform. Here is the error I get:

UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:147)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:185)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I successfully used previous versions on Wii U so something has definitely changed to cause this issue. I built this in a clean project on 5.3.4p6

50. Arganth

Arganth

do: (issue was mentioned a few posts further up as well as solution:)

I had same problem when making an IOS build. Changed the Devdog.Internal.dll platform from "Any Platform" to "Editor", applied the changes and after that the problem was gone. Hope this also helps you.

from devdog:
    @Pandur1982@bjolin is right; An issue with the package, just move it to editor only and it should do the trick. This will also be fixed in V2.5.1.

jorisshh likes this.