Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Pro - uGUI - Performance - Mobile support & More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jorisshh, Mar 8, 2015.

?

What should I build next?

1. New currency system

14.1%
  2. Improved serialization / saving for web

10.8%
  3. Better properties for items (percentages, base values, etc)

27.2%
  4. Controller support

15.4%
  5. Unity 5.1 networking (multiplayer)

36.9%
  6. More modular build to simplify extending

25.1%
  7. UFPS Multiplayer (Asset integration)

11.5%
  8. Core GameKit (Asset integration)

4.1%
  9. Dialogue system (Asset integration)

21.3%
  10. Wordpress integration (Asset integration)

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi,

I just purchased the asset - setting up a couple of inventory items and following your youtube videos. On your video there's an option to set the rarity of an item, your example is apple, & under the behavior area, I see a drop down - On mine I do not see this as an option, has it moved somewhere else ?

regards Paul.

2. jorisshh

jorisshh

Nope still there, maybe the rarity's color's alpha is set to 0? I've added warnings for this in the upcoming version.

3. DMeville

DMeville

Hello! Looks like a cool system! I've watched the videos to see if this will work for me but I have a few questions first.

- My game uses swords where each instance is slightly randomized (ie: dmg = 10 +/- 3, random special effects on them, etc), does this work with your system? My understanding is that each item needs to be strictly defined in the item database, is this not the case? Creating an entry for every weapon * random stat * random effect just sounds silly.

Is this possible, if so how would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

4. jorisshh

jorisshh

It's not possible out of the box, but no worries, it's quite simple to make :). You can create a new class and implement the default equippable, then add your own custom stats, etc. http://devdog.nl/unity/document/extending-code/custom-item-type/

DMeville likes this.
  5. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Hi @jorisshh, i have a bug that appears regularly in UFPS scene. InfoBox with description of item sometimes don't fade out.
    Also i cant drop items, here's error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

6. jorisshh

jorisshh

Could you give me the full stack trace please? Once you select it there's a whole lot more gibberish at the bottom :)

7. jorisshh

jorisshh

Hey Guys, I'd like some feedback on an extra feature of properties that I'm about to implement:

Using properties as conditionals.
    For example: A property "level" exists, the user can then tell an item it is only allowed to be used, when the property "level" is higher or equal to 2 (or any other number).

This way complex conditions can be set up, without writing a single line of code.

Would this be something that you'd want, if so what would you use it for (use case?). Cool additions to this? Use cases? etc.. :)

Malchior85 likes this.
  8. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

@jorisshh Yes, this would be nice. Some example thoughts - crafting higher quality weapons if level 5, or even higher if level 10. crafting stronger items if level 5 or 10 where maybe the item doesn't last as long OR the item does not provide the same benefit (like a wood wall at level 2, vs a wood wall at level 10 where level 10 might have a health of 30 vs level 2 health of 5).

Not sure how I could use this on picking up items. Like an apple is an apple no matter what level you are.

9. breakspirit

breakspirit

I just want controller input.

10. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Here's the full version from editor's log

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Devdog.InventorySystem.Integration.UFPS.UnitTypeUFPSInventoryItem.Drop (Vector3 location, Quaternion rotation) [0x00011] in J:\Unity\U5Proj\22beta\Projects\Uni5.1\Assets\InventorySystem\Scripts\Integration\UFPS\ItemTypes\UnitTypeUFPSInventoryItem.cs:74

at Devdog.InventorySystem.InventoryItemBase.Drop (Vector3 pos) [0x00000] in J:\Unity\U5Proj\22beta\Projects\Uni5.1\Assets\InventorySystem\Scripts\Items\InventoryItemBase.cs:656

at Devdog.InventorySystem.InventoryUIItemWrapper+<TriggerDrop>c__AnonStorey3A.<>m__69 (Devdog.InventorySystem.Dialogs.InventoryUIDialogBase dialog) [0x00000] in J:\Unity\U5Proj\22beta\Projects\Uni5.1\Assets\InventorySystem\Scripts\UI\UIItemWrappers\InventoryUIItemWrapper.cs:429

at Devdog.InventorySystem.Dialogs.ConfirmationDialog+<ShowDialog>c__AnonStorey37.<>m__57 () [0x00022] in J:\Unity\U5Proj\22beta\Projects\Uni5.1\Assets\InventorySystem\Scripts\UI\Dialogs\ConfirmationDialog.cs:38

at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00010] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent.cs:137

at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00029] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent.cs:602

at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00006] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent.cs:744

at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent_0.cs:53

at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00017] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\UI\Core\Button.cs:35

at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x0000c] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\UI\Core\Button.cs:44

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:52

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x0006f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:269
    UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:273)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processMousePress(MouseButtonEventData) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:372)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processMouseEvent() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:271)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:process() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:169)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\guisystem\UnityEngine.UI\EventSystem\EventSystem.cs:271)

(Filename: Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/ItemTypes/UnitTypeUFPSInventoryItem.cs Line: 74)

11. jorisshh

jorisshh

It appears you've enabled the UFPS Multiplayer support in the integration's manager, but there's no "vp_MPPickupManager" in your scene. Which is an UFPS script that is required to handle the multiplayer pickup / dropping.

12. Carmexx

Carmexx

thanks, that did the trick. :)

13. jorisshh

jorisshh

Working on it :), I've already started the UI design and I'm looking at different integration options. (With thanks to Jimmy Poujade for helping me out)

14. TRoNDaNeflin

TRoNDaNeflin

Hi there!

First of all I want to say that this is a very valuable asset, very easy to work with and the documentation and support are super!

Now I'm stucked with a little problem...

I was testing and studying the avaiable features and I've replicated every one of them to my existing project and everything went fine except one - The CustomMonster. I applied the needed scripts to one of my NPCs but he refuses to die and gief the bloody loot ;)

As soon I click on him the following error pops on console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Demo.MyCustomMonster.OnMouseDown ()
    (at Assets/InventorySystem/Demos/Scripts/MyCustomMonster.cs:111)

UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32, Int32)

The line 111 is:

dmg = 40 + (int)character.characterStats["Default"].FirstOrDefault(o => o.statName == "Strength").finalValue

I think the problem is some missing reference in the Manager script or maybe anywhere else but what and why? I've already spent several hours for two days now and I can't figure what I did wrong.

The problem isn't on the Monster object because I've copied the cilinder-monster from AllDone scene and the behaviour is exactly the same :\

All the other triggerers: vendors, chests, bank, custom collection work fine and the selectable object (with name and health pops nicely).

Can I get some help on this please?
    Thanks!

15. jorisshh

jorisshh

The error is caused because you most likely don't have a stat "Strength" on your character. I've hardcoded this, which I suppose isn't all that nice :). So you could fix this by either adding a strength property (assuming you want to use one), or simply remove the block of code from (110 - to - 113)

So remove:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             if (character != null)
    2.                 dmg = 40 + (int)character.characterStats["Default"].FirstOrDefault(o => o.statName == "Strength").finalValue;
    3.             else
    4.                 dmg = 40;

16. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good afternoon . Soon to be updated , and that has not happened to tie inventory = ( (

17. jorisshh

jorisshh

... Whut?

18. TRoNDaNeflin

TRoNDaNeflin

Well, my bad. I had but mistyped it like 'Strenght' :p

Now, still have an issue. Can't kill it yet with my Player (I use an UMA). But I can if I use some non-procedural char.

Maybe one of your scripts, when checking for the player char, doesn't find him because it takes a few frames to be created.

The error shoots from InventoryLookAtPlayer.cs, here:

transform.LookAt(InventoryManager.instance.currentPlayer.transform, Vector3.up);

'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object'

19. jorisshh

jorisshh

I ran into a similar problem, I added the following check in the code (first thing in the Update())
    Code (CSharp):
    2. if (InventoryPlayerManager.instance.currentPlayer == null)
    3.     return;
    Most likely you want to get rid of this script anyway :) I only use it for demo purposes.

20. TRoNDaNeflin

TRoNDaNeflin

Haha :) Sure but I like to check much details I can. That help me to better understand the systems I'm working with.
    Anyway. It's all fixed now. Thans a lot!

21. Alex3333

Alex3333

How soon will update ? I was not able to make the inventory of the mistakes - (

22. jorisshh

jorisshh

Won't be updating any time soon, it's still at the least a week away. What exactly are you running into? Maybe I can help :)

23. Alex3333

Alex3333

Make a mini tutorial ( video) how to integrate properly with ufps multieplayer.

24. jorisshh

jorisshh

25. jorisshh

jorisshh

A little preview of the controller support I'm working on, I think it's staring to come together quite nicely :)

cygnusprojects likes this.
  26. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Image does not appear.

27. jorisshh

jorisshh

Let's try that again then :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    I am da bawss likes this.
  28. TimeCastle

TimeCastle

I just downloaded the update today, and I'm getting 22 errors pertaining to the InfoBox script
    All errors look similar to
    Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/UI/WindowsOther/InfoBox.cs(21,27): error CS0102: The type `Devdog.InventorySystem.InfoBox.Row' already contains a definition for `title'
    any advice?

29. jorisshh

jorisshh

Hm.. most likely there are 2 scripts named "InfoBox.cs" in your project folder, this could cause some conflicts. Simply search for it, and remove the oldest one.

If you run into more problems after you delete the file, the easiest way to fix it, would be to do a clean import.

30. TimeCastle

TimeCastle

Did the trick, thanks

31. Alex3333

Alex3333

Take on the screenshot above for UFPS Multiplaer. It is not necessary to combine the tools with character as you have done. I would like to see in Ufps still separate equipment and separate nature of the character with his image in the middle. I hope you understand what I mean. Just wait for a new update which I hope to do the integration without oschibok)) Your Asset as I said earlier has become the number one of all the assets list of this type! I wish you to make it even better !!!

32. jorisshh

jorisshh

Staring to look pretty good :) and the best part, to create this UI you need 0 lines of code ^^
    (Gif is a bit laggy, but no worries it's actually very smooth)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    superwendel likes this.
  33. Jaephen

Jaephen

Awesome progress with the asset jorisshh!

I'm currently stuck on something.

I've integrated UFPS with Inventory Pro..
    In the InventoryWindow and CharacterWindow's "UI Window" components, I have Block UFPS Input enabled.
    The issue I'm having is that UFPS input isn't blocked when I have the inventory and character windows opened.
    I"ve no idea if I may have done something wrong, or done the process in the wrong order since the Block UFPS Input isn't working for me.

Also, I'm currently going along with the video tutorial and am up to Tutorial #3, 14 minutes in..
    I'm currently at the Settings editor editor in the main manager, looking for Other > Default character stat format. I can't seem to find it?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  34. jorisshh

jorisshh

Did you add the InventoryUFPSInputController to your player? I've written some documentation on it here: http://devdog.nl/unity/document/integration/ufps/

35. Jaephen

Jaephen

Ah! I missed placing the character in the input. Thanks for that!

Also, thanks for the quick reply, but you may have missed my edit from my previous post..
    "Also, I'm currently going along with the video tutorial and am up to Tutorial #3, 14 minutes in..
    I'm currently at the Settings editor editor in the main manager, looking for Other > Default character stat format. I can't seem to find it?"

36. jorisshh

jorisshh

Ah sorry did indeed miss it, you can find it in the folder: "InventorySystem/Demos/Assets/UI/UI_Prefabs/Sum_Character_Stat_Formatter_PFB.prefab".

I've removed this mechanic all together in the next update, it was a bit redundant.

37. Jaephen

Jaephen

Oh, did you remove it from the Inventory Pro Main Editor completely for the current released version? I can't find the option to place the prefab in the first place.

Also, I've added the CharacterWindow to the _Managers but I still can't seem to right click to equip items. Any ideas?

38. jorisshh

jorisshh

The formatter should be under "Other" tab, I've removed it in v.2.1.6 but it isn't yet live in the asset store :)

Most likely there is no CharacterUI set on your player (InventoryPlayer).

I'll be updating the video tutorials after the update I'm working on, quite a few things have changed

39. TimeCastle

TimeCastle

Question; the boxes on the skill bar aren't popping up, and the skillbarui script becomes disabled when I press play. Same with the inventory window, so I can't drag items around my inventory.
    An advice?

40. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Just upgraded to Unity v5.1.1 and upon opening my old project it automatically upgraded my project, and throw a bunch of errors including the following:

Assets/InventorySystem/Standard Assets/Utility/CurveControlledBob.cs(8,18): error CS0101: The namespace `UnityStandardAssets.Utility' already contains a definition for `CurveControlledBob'

Assets/InventorySystem/Standard Assets/Utility/FOVKick.cs(8,18): error CS0101: The namespace `UnityStandardAssets.Utility' already contains a definition for `FOVKick'

Assets/InventorySystem/Standard Assets/Utility/LerpControlledBob.cs(8,18): error CS0101: The namespace `UnityStandardAssets.Utility' already contains a definition for `LerpControlledBob'

Assets/InventorySystem/Standard Assets/Utility/WaypointCircuit.cs(11,18): error CS0101: The namespace `UnityStandardAssets.Utility' already contains a definition for `WaypointCircuit'

Assets/InventorySystem/Standard Assets/Utility/WaypointCircuit.cs(226,18): error CS0101: The namespace `UnityStandardAssets.Utility.Inspector' already contains a definition for `WaypointListDrawer'

41. jorisshh

jorisshh

Any errors / warnings? Also did you assign the skillbar to the InventoryPlayer AND the managers?

42. jorisshh

jorisshh

This appears to be a conflict with the standard assets. Most likely you already have the standard assets imported in your project, Inventory Pro also lends some of the standard assets, hence the conflict.

You can solve this by removing the duplicate files from either the InventorySystem folder, or from the Standard assets folder outside of the InventorySystem folder.

I'll be removing the standard assets from Inventory pro, because of reasons like this :)

I am da bawss and hopeful like this.
  43. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi,

How do we import in bulk, is there an option ? From text file or csv, I have about 1000 items to add.

Regards

44. jorisshh

jorisshh

Not yet, although it's on my todo list :)

Edit: Writing your own implementation shouldn't be to hard, all items are essentially just prefabs

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  45. Jaephen

Jaephen

Hey,

I seem to be having issues with the skillbar thing..
    When I press the button, it's not actually consuming the item.
    Do you think it's conflicting with UFPS? I'm currently using the HeroHDWeapons prefab from UFPS for the player character.

any ideas?

Also, how can I have my character window be moved around in-game?
    I think I may have missed a part, but I rewatched the video and can't find where I went wrong

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  46. jorisshh

jorisshh

A few things to check..
    • On the skillbar is "Can use item from collection" enabled?
    • On the inventory (or wherever the original item is stored, not the reference) is "Can use item from reference" enabled?

47. Jaephen

Jaephen

Thanks! I just didn't have "Can use item from collection"

Also, forgot to add draggable window to my character window, stupid me :p

48. Jaephen

Jaephen

Is there a detailed documentation or video on how to get Inventory Pro working with UFPS?
    I can't seem to get your "Video Tutorial 6 - Visual item equipment" to work with it..

I tried messing around with the Items Editor, and tried making UFPSBase and EquippableUFPS but none of them were actually letting me pick them up..

49. MadeThisName

MadeThisName

Keep up the outstanding work. You should look into creating a separate plugin for an xp leveling system to work with Inventory Pro. There is not much available on the asset store at the moment and i am certain it would do very well.

50. jorisshh

jorisshh

Which UFPS items are you trying to visually equip them? UFPS Items are equipped? Or are you trying to do this with UFPS Multiplayer?