Search Unity

Question Inventory management refund and adjust player economy

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by zockfabi1, Jun 30, 2022.

1. zockfabi1

zockfabi1

Heyho,

actually i tried to implement the unity gaming services. It works fine so far but now I am searching for a function to see a list of all my players in the dashboard. Furthermore some options like changing parameters thought the dashboard, refund or add items to a customer, ban a player or just simply see whats going on an single account without knowing the exact ID would help for analytics, controll reportings or just simply adjust paramets durring developing would help a lot. So i am searching for a complete player list of all players that are logged thought any authentication process.

Is there such a feature anywhere or am i searching for nothing?

Thank you in advance
    Fabian

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Gaming Services, delighted to hear that it's working fine for you so far.

We don't have a feature for showing a list of all your players in the dashboard, that would get difficult to use very quickly as the number of players grows. Depending on the precise use case there are some options there aready and we are investigating other additional features, some of which are covered in your message.

For use cases when you want to understand what your players, a subset of them or even individual players are doing in your game, Analytics would be the recommended option. It will let you see and understand patterns and behaviours in your game that you can then take action on.

The specific use cases that you mention are related to player management. We currently have the capability to let you view the Economy Currencies, Inventory and Cloud Save data for individual players. You can edit the Cloud Save data, but not the Economy. These features can be accessed from the Gaming Services > Live Ops > Player Management navigation. There is an edit button under the ellipses menu on the top right of each of the Cloud Save entries.
    upload_2022-6-30_9-35-31.png

This method could be used for some of the use cases you describe, like banning a player, by setting a flag that the game client and / or Cloud Code can use. A UI control would be preferrable though. The other use cases you mention, like modifying a player's currencies or inventory items are something we have been investigating, I'll add your voice and observations to the feature list.

As you pointed out, you will need the player ID in order to access their Economy and Cloud Save data, this can be retrieved through the Analytics Event Browser and SQL Data Explorer tools.

e.g. To retrieve 10 authenticated players from today
    Code (CSharp):
    1. select  event_json:unityPlayerID
    2. from events
    3. where event_date = CURRENT_DATE
    4. and  event_json:unityPlayerID is not null
    5. group by event_json:unityPlayerID
    6. limit 10
    You can access the player ID for authenticated, signed in players in your game code with
    Code (csharp):
    1. playerId = AuthenticationService.Instance.PlayerId;
    I hope that helps, thanks again for sharing your observations.
    We'll be sure to announce new features here on the forum as they become available.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022