Search Unity

Question Invector TPC & A* Pathfinding

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by iqoniqmind, Mar 14, 2023.

1. iqoniqmind

iqoniqmind

Hello.

I am considering getting A* Pathfinding and already have Invector TPC and FSM. I'm wondering if anybody else out there has used the two together and, if so, how complicated it was to get Invector to use A*.

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ive tried A* a few times over the years, but dont really like it. I use EmeraldAI exclusively for all projects. Ive used Invector TPC with EmeraldAI and the integration was easy and worked insanely good...

iqoniqmind likes this.
  3. iqoniqmind

iqoniqmind

Hmm. Alright. I do have Emerald as well. My query about A* was based around the struggle I was having with the Unity NavMesh navigating stairs, although I DID solve that by making a ramp collider instead of using the mesh collider of the stairs.

I'm trying to intergrate iStep now, since I want good foot placement. I think maybe I'll start a blank test project with Emerald and Invector and see how good it actually is.

warthos3399 likes this.
  4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Nice, once you get the integration set up, everything else is easy. Note: when using, i remember having to adjust the TPC's camera (height, axis, etc.).

I really liked the TPC (Invector is a great controller), but alot of my users liked FPC, as they liked feeling that it was them playing. So set things up accordingly. :)

iqoniqmind likes this.
  5. iqoniqmind

iqoniqmind

So, I installed Emerald, integrated it, and it's not bad at all (in particular, I like how you can set up the animations for your particular model in the tool itself instead of F***ing around with animation trees). It seems a little more bare-bones than FMC, though, so for the moment, I'm doing side by side NPC builds to see which one ultimately works best for me.