Search Unity

InvalidOperationException: StandardIn has not been redirected.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by travispettry, Jul 1, 2019.

1. travispettry

travispettry

Hi All,

I am getting the following exception in my unity project as soon as the editor opens.

InvalidOperationException: StandardIn has not been redirected.
    System.Diagnostics.Process.get_StandardInput () (at <3845a180c26b4889bc2d47593a665814>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.get_StandardInput()
    GooglePlayServices.CommandLine.RunViaShell (System.String toolPath, System.String arguments, System.String workingDirectory, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] envVars, GooglePlayServices.CommandLine+IOHandler ioHandler, System.Boolean useShellExecution, System.Boolean stdoutRedirectionInShellMode) (at /Users/smiles/dev/src/unity-jar-resolver/source/PlayServicesResolver/src/CommandLine.cs:604)
    GooglePlayServices.CommandLine.Run (System.String toolPath, System.String arguments, System.String workingDirectory, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] envVars, GooglePlayServices.CommandLine+IOHandler ioHandler) (at /Users/smiles/dev/src/unity-jar-resolver/source/PlayServicesResolver/src/CommandLine.cs:510)
    GooglePlayServices.CommandLine+<RunAsync>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at /Users/smiles/dev/src/unity-jar-resolver/source/PlayServicesResolver/src/CommandLine.cs:134)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    UnityEngine.UnhandledExceptionHandler:<RegisterUECatcher>m__0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

This exception first started to occur after a series of events. The original goal that I was trying to achieve was enabling push notifications with Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). After I installed the FirebaseMessaging unity package I could not resolve cretin jar files for my Android build. After doing some research I found a unity GitHub page that led me to installing play-services-resolver-1.2.121.0 unity package. That fixed the resolving of the jars, but then I was getting a dex issue on build. Long story short I ended up backing out all of my changes and I started to get the above exception.

I have tried getting a new version of my project from Unity Cloud Code, that didn't help. I upgraded to Unity 2018.4.X from 2018.3.X also didn't help.

I cannot build or run my game in the Unity editor. On start up unity tries to resolve Android dependencies but never makes any progress. A console window pops up but doesn't seem to do anything. I have put over 2000 hours into my game in the last year and I would hate to lose it now. If anyone has any clues to what might help I would be grateful.

Thank you,
    Travis

2. travispettry

travispettry

I have found the solution. After digging some more on the internet I was led to a page completely in Russian, after I used google translate someone suggested remove all punctuation from the unity folder name. Low and behold this was the solution. I had an apostrophe in the names of one of the folders. After it was removed the project worked again.

3. EMPD

EMPD

Thanks...

fz097098 likes this.
  4. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

You saved me! Thanks!

fz097098 likes this.
  5. TitanBornStudios

TitanBornStudios

Very helpful Thanks.

6. idurvesh

idurvesh

Legend

maxhtuan likes this.
  7. Shahid0090

Shahid0090

hi man
    please can you you explain it how you actually do it. i am not able to solve it . thanks in advance

8. ThatoMogale

ThatoMogale

By Unity folder, do you mean the assets folder?

9. ElALeKs

ElALeKs

OMG, Thanks Man!

10. KillitsGaming

KillitsGaming

Hi by Unity folder, do you mean the Unity project folder or in the Unity install folder? thanks

11. KillitsGaming

KillitsGaming

Hi, I had my Unity project folder in my All-Repository's folder. so I change it to All-Repositorys and now it's working just fine for me.