Search Unity

Invalid Scene View Error Message

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by marty, Aug 8, 2008.

1. marty

marty

I'm getting several "Fixing invalid scene view ID Allocated ID: ... " error messages in the console when I run my networking code.

Anyone know what this means? And what I need to do to address it?

TIA!

2. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Same here, and I believe it messes up RPC calls...by sending RPCS to the wrong objects. Any truth in this ?

If so, how to fix it...and how does this happen ?

3. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

This happens when duplicate scene view IDs are detected or two separate network views have the same view ID assigned. When this happens, the second network view is assigned a new valid view ID.

So, you could make a note of the affected view ID and try to figure out why it is duplicated. This should only occur with scene view IDs, or for network views in the scene before play starts.

4. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

Thanks Laurus, but I still don't quite understand.

Since view IDs are "read only in the inspector", how do you go about figuring out why they would be duplicated, and then how do you go about fixing the problem?

5. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

I don't know why they are duplicated in your case and if you do figure that out please file a bug report with the exact steps.

To fix a duplicated scene view ID, just delete one of the offending network views and create a new one. The new one will get assigned a valid scene view ID.

6. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

I only had one networkview in my game, and it had an automatically assigned view ID of 1, but after deleting it and readding it (even though it's viewid id still 1), I haven't seen the warning message again. I could file a bug report, but it doesn't seem like much to go on...

Thanks for your suggestion!