Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Invalid Project Path

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by excalios, Mar 26, 2019.

1. excalios

excalios

This is a unity on linux(fedora 29) tried creating a new project but instead i got this

Attached Files:

trappist-1 likes this.
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

The problem is your username contains an invalid character '.' in the path.
    You can file a bug report so we can fix this in the future as it should be ok on Linux to use a dot in the path. For now, use a path that does not contain a dot (.)
    It may also be possible to create the project from the command line and then open that project with the hub.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

3. ryanclo

ryanclo

I'm trying to open a project with Unity Hub. No matter where I place the file on my hard drive, I keep getting this error:
    Any ideas? Is this a configuration setting somewhere within the application? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 11.37.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 11.37.52 PM.png

trappist-1 and geeksesi_unity like this.
  4. geeksesi_unity

geeksesi_unity

also i have this problem. ( in linux i don't have any problem but on windows :( )

5. Tehemus

Tehemus

I have this problem too on a computer on windows 10. No matter in which folder I try to import a cloud project, I get that "Invalid Project path" message. (unity hub 2.1.0)

Edit : it also fails to create a new project

Edit 2 : after some trial and error, I installed an old version (0.18.1) and upgraded to 2.1.0 from it and I was able to import a project from the cloud. I was also able to create a new project.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 7:11 PM