Search Unity

Bug Invalid Path exception because not all bundles are copied into the final build

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Adrien_Danglard, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Adrien_Danglard

Adrien_Danglard

Using Addressables 1.11.02 and Unity 2018.4.24f1, it seems that sometimes, when building for PC, not all prepared bundles are copied into the StreamingAssets folder of the actual build, leading to "Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(uianimations_assets_.bundle): Invalid path in AssetBundleProvider: 'E:/BuildS/blah/blah_Data/StreamingAssets/aa/StandaloneWindows64/some_or_other_.bundle'.

It seems that the bundles missing are the last ones, when put in alphabetical order. We have many bundles: 1192 in total, the last 8 of them did not get copied over into the actual build.

Manually copying the missing bundles seems to work, but of course this caught us off guard, and we don't really understand why this should be happening. Is there something we're doing wrong?

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll flag this for the team to share some guidance/insight.

Adrien_Danglard likes this.
  3. Macode

Macode

thx

4. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@Macode Just curious, are either the source or destination paths of those bundles longer than 255 (or 260 I can't remember the limit) characters? That can cause issues on Windows.

5. Adrien_Danglard

Adrien_Danglard

I hope it's OK to steal the answer. So the interesting thing in our case was that - yes, some of the paths were quite long, but the paths of bundles that were not copied over were short. So far as we could tell, the only interesting or special feature about them was that they happened to be the last ones (in alphabetical order).