Search Unity

invalid dependency error upon import

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by DriesVrBase, Dec 28, 2020.

1. DriesVrBase

DriesVrBase

Hi,

We've gotten a Revit file from an external firm and we're trying to load their files into Unity using reflect.
    While some files open without a problem, some files don't seem to open in Unity.
    When I import them I get some errors about an invalid import dependency.
    If anyone has had these errors of knows how to fix them please feel free to help me out.

I'm using reflect 2.0 and unity 2019.4.

I already sent 2 mails to Unity and I'm waiting for their response but in the meantime I figured I could ask it here as well.

I'll attach the errors here.
    importErrors.PNG

2. DriesVrBase

DriesVrBase

Hi, just bumping this thread. Anyone who has an idea what this can be or how to fix this?

3. mika_leonard

mika_leonard

Unity Technologies

Hi DriesVrBase,

I had a look at your model and isolated the problem but still can't pinpoint it exactly. If I deactivate the Walls category in your view ''{3D - mohit_sharmaY5AL3}'' I managed to import the model in the editor without the above errors.

So the walls are the problem but I'm still investigating on which element exactly. There are a lot of model-in-place walls in the model, I'd bet it has something to do with them.

I'll keep you posted

4. DriesVrBase

DriesVrBase

Hi Mika,

Glad you're looking into it :)

I'm curious what could be the cause of this. We didn't create the models so I don't really know what I could do to fix those.

Looking forward to your posts.