Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Invalid Apple Root Certificate - Unity IAP Version 3.0.0-pre.4

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Devil_Inside, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Trying to use the Receipt Validation Obfuscator and getting this error in console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Invalid Apple Root Certificate. Generating incomplete credentials file. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\Users\...\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.purchasing@3.0.0-pre.4\Editor\AppleIncRootCertificate.cer"
    I've checked and the file is missing in that folder, yet there is a AppleIncRootCertificate.cer in "PackageCache\com.unity.purchasing@3.0.0-pre.4\Editor\managed\Codeless\"

What could be the solution here?
    Thanks!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please don't use the 3.0 pre version, it is not supported at this time and would expected to have issues. Please use IAP 2.2.7 (Asset) and In App Purchasing library 2.2.2 (Package Manager). I trust you've also generated the tangle files.

3. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I'm using Unity 2021.1.0b2 and in the Package Manager under Unity IAP I don't see an option to install a previous version of the package:

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, that's a known issue with beta versions of Unity, don't use that either! It's not supported. It automatically installs beta/preview versions of packages too.

5. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Ok, thanks

6. John_Corbett

John_Corbett

Hi @Devil_Inside ,

For now, if your manually type in the name and version of the package in this ui, you can downgrade to 2.2.2 or earlier.

upload_2021-2-12_15-2-49.png

upload_2021-2-12_15-4-0.png

Please note that a feature of the current beta is that it will always force-upgrade users to the recommended package version each time the editor is updated. As our 3.0.0-pre.4 and -pre.5 are pre-releases (ie Betas), they're bundled in with the Editor beta as both continue to be developed in parallel. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is outside our control as package developers.

Devil_Inside likes this.
  7. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks for the tip!