Search Unity

Invalid AABB inAABB??

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gaglabs, Oct 30, 2020.

1. gaglabs

gaglabs

I get this error after pusing some data to Firebase. Not sure what is going on here but it just started.

Invalid AABB inAABB
    UnityEngine.CanvasRenderer:SetMesh(Mesh)
    TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI:GenerateTextMesh() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs:4373)
    TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI:OnPreRenderCanvas() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs:1647)
    TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI:Rebuild(CanvasUpdate) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.1/Scripts/Runtime/TextMeshProUGUI.cs:224)
    UnityEngine.Canvas:ForceUpdateCanvases()
    SocialApp.<TestEnumerator>d__21:MoveNext() (at Assets/SocialAppTemplate/Scripts/Loaders/FeedsDataLoader.cs:252)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    SocialApp.FeedsDataLoader:OnFeedsLoaded(FeedCallback) (at Assets/SocialAppTemplate/Scripts/Loaders/FeedsDataLoader.cs:222)
    SocialApp.<>c__DisplayClass93_0:<GetFriendsFeedsAt>b__5() (at Assets/SocialAppTemplate/Scripts/Controllers/FirebaseController.cs:1762)
    <ActionWrapper>d__4:MoveNext() (at Assets/SocialAppTemplate/Scripts/UnityMainThreadDispatcher/UnityMainThreadDispatcher.cs:61)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <>c__DisplayClass2_0:<Enqueue>b__0() (at Assets/SocialAppTemplate/Scripts/UnityMainThreadDispatcher/UnityMainThreadDispatcher.cs:46)
    UnityMainThreadDispatcher:Update() (at Assets/SocialAppTemplate/Scripts/UnityMainThreadDispatcher/UnityMainThreadDispatcher.cs:34)

2. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hey @gaglabs,

This can be caused for having a NaN (not a number) value on one of your UI elements.

Can you check in the Editor if one or more of your UI elements have such type of value in their properties?

SZtamjan and vonSchlank like this.
  3. gaglabs

gaglabs

Hey Diego, yes my content panel of my ScrollView is returning NaN. The error seems to point to a Canvas.ForceUpdateCanvases section of my code. I am also getting some errors of Not Allowed during Rebuild Loop at the same time as the AABB error. I think when i call

Code (CSharp):
    1.  LayoutRebuilder.MarkLayoutForRebuild (_textLookPanel.transform as RectTransform);
    2.             LayoutRebuilder.MarkLayoutForRebuild (_textCont as RectTransform);
    3.             _textCont.GetComponent<VerticalLayoutGroup>().SetLayoutVertical();
    4.             Canvas.ForceUpdateCanvases();
    Its causing the content to not resize properly cause its stuck in this loop. But i need my content panel to resize after i load in objects as its child. and we all know that the content size fitter doesnt always do its job so you have to force update its transform and thats what im trying to do but it doesnt like it sometimes.

4. gaglabs

gaglabs

@DiegoDePalacio This is what i get when rebuilding the content after adding new gameobjects to the list of children. I dont get why its throwing itself into a loop like this when its only being called once.

KIMYEONGGYU likes this.
  5. gaglabs

gaglabs

I removed the Canvas.ForceUpdateCanvases since i was calling it twice, and the issue seemed to go away. I think it caught itself in a loop while trying to execute 2 rebuilds and ended up not factoring its scale in between calls.

6. gaglabs

gaglabs

I lied, it didnt get fixed.

ZonexGamingNetwork likes this.
  7. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Maybe you can try to isolate the problem by removing assets/scripts on your scene to reach a minimum setup where you can find out the root of the issue.

8. gaglabs

gaglabs

Thats actually what i did Diego. I found the issue. I was adding tmp text field while a rebuid was active and it didnt like that.

9. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

I'm glad that you found it!

In that case, if you avoid such a situation you don't have the issue anymore?

10. headcoach_

headcoach_

I'm getting the same error when activating a parent gameobject of some UI elements. Its not breaking anything but its really annoying seeing the error there

11. LilGames

LilGames

I started getting this error after doing lots of texture and sprite atlas optimizations. How do I narrow down the cause? I don't use any code related to meshes or forced canvas updates, etc.

12. drgrandayy

drgrandayy

Posting my edge case here in case it ends up being helpful to anyone with the same issue. In my case the cause was trying to access a removed component on a prefab variant. Calling GetComponent<>() when no component of that type exists usually just returns null, but calling it on a prefab variant with a removed component that's present on the parent prefab still returns a non-null component with what seems to be a broken transform, which leads to this unhelpful error being printed. Good to note that this is on an older Unity version (2021) which doesn't support fully deleting components on prefab variants. I believe this is now supported on the latest Unity version.