Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question 'Invalid AABB aabb' after importing robot URDF

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by nhantastrew, Jul 12, 2023.

1. nhantastrew

nhantastrew

Hi,

I am working with a simulated Sawyer robot in ROS to simulate its joint states in Unity using the Robotics integrated library. I have gone through the official Pick-and-place tutorial from Unity and successfully managed to import and simulate the Niryo One without any issues. However, when I attempt the same with the Sawyer (official URDF files here) without running any special script to control it, the robot disappears from the scene whenever I run my game, and I get the 'Invalid AABB aabb' error that crashes the physics engine. I have searched about this error, and it's not as intuitive, but my hunch is probably something to deal with this specific URDF model since the Niryo doesn't showcase such behaviour. I am also fairly new to Unity and its Robotics Toolbox, so any help would go a long way.

2. Envilon

Envilon

I'd look into the colliders in those models. Try disabling or removing some of them and running the application. I think I experienced something similar when I forced some rigid bodies into the robotic arms I've been working with. I'd say there is some weird collision inside the model, which results in the physics engine 'exploding' the model all over the scene (model disappearing), and the 'exploded' parts reach outside the range where the physics engine computes collisions. As an effect, you get the error you are mentioning.

Or at least that's my first thought from experience and without exploring your URDF files.

nhantastrew likes this.