Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Unibill - the cross platform In App purchase plugin!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Banderous, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Banderous

Banderous

Does this continue following an editor restart?

2. Afroman

Afroman

Bought Unibill the other day, it's great and integration was easy and flawless.
    Just wondering, when can we expect support for BlackBerry 10?

3. Banderous

Banderous

I haven't committed to a date for blackberry. It isn't top priority and there's no guarantee I'll happen.

4. imtrobin

imtrobin

Yes. I will try a full rebuild.

5. sonicviz

sonicviz

Seen this? http://nikf.org/blog/offers-in-app-purchases

"iOS 7 introduces a seemingly small, but very significant, addition to the IAP world - a digital receipt in every app (free or otherwise) that includes the version number when the customer originally bought the app."

Is this fully supported by unibill?

ty!

6. Banderous

Banderous

Looks like these are 'app purchase receipts' rather than in app purchase receipts. These have been present on the mac app store for some time, and represent the receipt for the purchase of the application itself. Looks like they're available on iOS too, though Unibill doesn't currently offer a way of retrieving them. They have no equivalent on other non apple platforms.

7. Jmonroe

Jmonroe

Hi Banderous, couple question before buying the plugin...
    Is Visual Studio Pro required to use Unibill for Windows Phone 8? Or can I just use VS Express? Any recommendation is helpful... I will buy VS Pro if needed, but only if needed.
    Also, is there a method for debugging Unibill on WP8 and will that work on VS Express as well?
    Thanks!

8. Banderous

Banderous

As far as I know express works fine with Unity. Unibill is just another dll that is added to the VS solution. The Unibill windows phone source is available on request if you really need to debug Unibill itself, otherwise I believe you can use express to debug your WP8 builds. I think microsoft need all the windows phone developers they can get, so I'd be most surprised if any of this functionality was paywalled.

9. Jmonroe

Jmonroe

Thanks for the quick response! I just purchased and look forward to testing on my WP8 game. I will also be trying to run WP8 Ads using Prime31s plugin. I'll let you know if there are any conflicts.

10. imtrobin

imtrobin

No go. same issue

11. Banderous

Banderous

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  12. petak_core

petak_core

Hi Banderous.

first thank you for great asset as Unibill - it's really powerful, but in my testing scenario I think is somthing bad :(

I have test my purchase on AmazaonSDKTester and everything was absolutely OK. (I buy non-consumable in-app) purchase).

And I test my testing scenario as:
    1) Quit app a run again, >> and all assets was loaded.
    2) Uninstall app run again >> and all assets was loaded

So I test my app on Google Play and there is something wrong (I do it wrong)

First - Upload app, upload in-app purchases list. Buy some assets as in-app is no problem, everything was ok. So I do my scenario test

1) Quit app a run again, >> and all assets was loaded.
    2) Uninstall app run again >> and there was my problem... On start Google or Unibill wasn't check in "transaction list" and you have to buy your asset again (or looks like you have buy it again), but if I clik on the buy button there is a "clasic" non-consumbel point (you have to buy only once :) )

So I don't know where is my problem. On AmazonSDK was everything all right..
    Application doesn't check my google transaction list (or what) and on start doesn't load my assets, when I uninstall and install my app again. (or delete application-data)

If I check GoogleWallet Merchant Console, there is a record wiht YellowCircle with Delivery status : Inbox (I can use my in-app only for now (I cant uninstall my app))

If possible is everything going allright if yellow circle going to green ? or I have some bad calling from my code.

Thnx for your tips, and sorry for my newbie questino I'm new to in-app and unibill :)

13. Banderous

Banderous

@_petak - are you calling restoreTransactions when you reinstall the app?

On Amazon unibill automatically restores transactions, but you should call restoreTransactions whenever the app is installed on a device. You should put a button in your app that lets people invoke it.

14. petak_core

petak_core

Hi Banderous - thnx for your quick tip..

If I put to Start (), Unibiller.restoreTransactions(); below Unibiller.Initialise(); the Unibill state told me : SUCCESS_WITH_ERRORS,

without Unibiller.restoreTransactions(), the Unibill state told me: SUCCESS

Do you have any tips ?

Thnx again

15. concave

concave

good topic - i have problems with restoring transactions... but no errors...

i always thought it works like this...

1. purchase an item (e.g. android device) get a receipt - works
    2. deinstall app
    3. reinstall app
    4. on app start - init unibill afterwards call restore transactions
    5. on restore transaction success iterate through all nonconsumbales if(Unibiller.GetAllPurchaseReceipts(item).Length!=0) it was bought once.

why doesn't it work - where else is the purchase stated saved after restroe transaction?

16. Banderous

Banderous

That is correct. If it isn't working take a look at the trace log from your device, it should show you what is being restored.

17. Banderous

Banderous

Take a look at the trace from the device, that's always the place to see what's going on.

18. concave

concave

i sent alex the trace yesterday

i dont use amazon developer portal - in goolge developer console i have localpurchtest
    i can purchase and pay items but restoring transactions fails...

FYI i use the version where i create the the purchasable items on runtime before init of unibiller!!!

E/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: create purchasable item : localtest NonConsumable LocalFree localizedDescription
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: create purchasable item : localpurchtest NonConsumable LocaNotlFree localizedDescription
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: create purchasable item : animals_eng NonConsumable Vehicles localizedDescription
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: create purchasable item : geschaeft NonConsumable Business localizedDescription
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: create purchasable item : verben NonConsumable Verbs localizedDescription
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: create purchasable item : tiere NonConsumable Animals localizedDescription
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): Now call Unibiller init
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): uni biller is null thats why we initaliase now
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): uni biller is now: Unibill.Biller (toString())
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): JUST A INFO: Example Package Tiere exists, localizedDescription exists.
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): there is internet connection
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    E/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: Product: localtest was not returned by GetItemDataRequest. Have you created it on the Amazon developer portal?.
    E/Unity ( 2490): See http://www.outlinegames.com/unibillerrors#AMAZONAPPSTORE_GETITEMDATAREQUEST_MISSING_PRODUCT

E/Unity ( 2490):
    E/Unity ( 2490): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)
    E/Unity ( 2490):
    E/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: Product: localtest was not returned by GetItemDataRequest. Have you created it on the Amazon developer portal?.
    E/Unity ( 2490): See http://www.outlinegames.com/unibillerrors#AMAZONAPPSTORE_GETITEMDATAREQUEST_MISSING_PRODUCT
    E/Unity ( 2490):
    E/Unity ( 2490): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)
    E/Unity ( 2490):
    E/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: Product: localpurchtest was not returned by GetItemDataRequest. Have you created it on the Amazon developer portal?.
    E/Unity ( 2490):
    E/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onSetupComplete(True)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UNIBILL: is unibill initalized? SUCCESS_WITH_ERRORS
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: restoreTransactions()
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onPurchaseSucceeded(verben)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    I/Unity ( 2490): at com.soomla.unity.Mnemory.MNMPurchaseController.onPurchased (.PurchasableItem item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at Unibill.Biller.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at Unibill.Biller.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String platformSpecificId, System.String receipt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at Unibill.Impl.GooglePlayBillingService.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at GooglePlayCallbackMonoBehaviour.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String productId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): (Filename: Line: -1)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onPurchaseSucceeded(tiere)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    I/Unity ( 2490): at com.soomla.unity.Mnemory.MNMPurchaseController.onPurchased (.PurchasableItem item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at Unibill.Biller.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at Unibill.Biller.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String platformSpecificId, System.String receipt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at Unibill.Impl.GooglePlayBillingService.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490): at GooglePlayCallbackMonoBehaviour.onPurchaseSucceeded (System.String productId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onPurchaseSucceeded(localpurchtest)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):

I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onPurchaseSucceeded(geschaeft)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onPurchaseSucceeded(animals_eng)
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): UnibillBiller: onTransactionsRestoredSuccess()
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490):
    I/Unity ( 2490): Transactions restored.

19. petak_core

petak_core

I make some progress in my billing problem,

When I make restore.Transaction () on button, everythink works ok.. (when I delete my transaction on GoogleWallet and run my App again click on buy button the Inapp will be buy.. (but I deleted them))

but when I make restore.Transaction() in Start () on first Update () function there is always success with error.

there is my trace logs:

btnClick Log:
    http://pastie.org/8472579

Update/Sart Log:
    http://pastie.org/8472599

(I will update my progress, I have problem when I delete app and buy inapp again)

20. Banderous

Banderous

21. pretender

pretender

Hi! Does unibill work with unity 3.5.7 by any chance?

22. Banderous

Banderous

Yes but you'll need to delete a few files that 3.X will choke on, like the WP8 ARM dlls.

23. Farrell

Farrell

Great product.

I've made the simple mod to allow us to add store content when the game is live. We'll notify the app of the new items by sending a new unibillInventory.xml. When we get the new xml, we need to reinitialize and already initialized unibill. Can I get some guidance for this?

24. Banderous

Banderous

The way the hosted inventory will work will be as follows.

1. You specify a URL that Unibill will GET to retrieve the latest inventory.
    2. When Unibill boots, it will attempt to fetch the latest Inventory file from that URL in parallel to its normal boot procedure.
    3. The next time Unibill boots, it will use the latest version it downloaded on previous boot.

Reinitialising Unibill is currently not possible.

25. Farrell

Farrell

I've got Unibill picking up new content.

The inability to reinitialize is a deal killer for this app. Can you point me to what needs to be cleared and I'll throw in a code hack. It'd be great if it was as simple as clearing Unibiller.biller and re-instantiating that.

26. Banderous

Banderous

It is not a trivial task to reinitialise unibill, which was designed from the outset for a single initialisation.

Why is it so critical to be able to reinitialise? Do your products change that frequently?

27. Farrell

Farrell

The point isn't the frequency of change. The point is the ability to change it at all in a running app.

We're operating a live service and have new content going in every day, some free and some that requires a purchase. So when we send out a notification of new content it needs to be available for purchase when they return to the app, even if the app was running when the new content arrived.

28. Banderous

Banderous

@Farrell This is on the roadmap for Unibill at some point. What platforms are you targeting right now?

29. Farrell

Farrell

Android iOS.

30. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

Unibill is returning this:

UnibillBiller: Google Play returned no products as available for purchase. Have you defined your purchasable items in the Google Play publisher console?
    See http://www.outlinegames.com/unibillerrors#GOOGLEPLAY_NO_PRODUCTS_RETURNED

But that link takes you nowhere, and that error message isn't one of the ones mentioned in the documentation, there's only the IOS IAP version of the error message, with the possible solutions for that problem (though some of those solutions are superstitions, such as submitting an application binary and rejecting it).

Note that I think all I have to do is wait a bit for my product-list-import to propogate to Google's servers, I'm just letting you know about the invalid error message/incomplete documentation.

31. Banderous

Banderous

@Dreamwriter thanks, yes that page is a little out of date.

32. Banderous

Banderous

Unibill 1.2.3 is now available!

New in this release is the ability to update your inventory without updating your app; just enter a URL in the inventory editor where Unibill should fetch the latest UnibillInventory.xml from, and Unibill will attempt to fetch it when it starts. If successful, it will be used on the following boot.

This single file can be fetched and used by all platforms, just host it at an HTTPS URL of your control.

1.2.3 will be available in the asset store soon, or immediately if you email support@outlinegames.com with your purchase receipt.

Also in this release:

All platforms - localised product details now have defaults when running in editor mode.

Google play - fixed a race condition on initialise.

iOS - fixed some potential initialisation crashes related to localisation.

33. Baroni

Baroni

Hello,

I've bought Unibill last week because I got a few requests to support it in Simple IAP System. I'm currently looking at the documentation to spot possible overlappings.

In regard to virtual currencies, Simple IAP System supports spending virtual currency in exchange for non-consumable items. I saw that with Unibill, you can define products which gain currency and provide credit/debit methods, but you can't actually spend it on other products - with PlayerPref integration. Do you plan to implement this feature (comsumable and non-consumable virtual products)?

Regards,
    B.

34. Thomas4

Thomas4

Possible bug:
    Just imported Unibill in Unity 4.2. When I open the Inventory Editor and just add a new item and open the Mac App Store Dropdown the Editor crashes with a "ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range. Parameter name: index."

35. Banderous

Banderous

@Thomas4 does that persist on editor restart?

36. Banderous

Banderous

@Baroni yes, virtual products are coming.

37. Thomas4

Thomas4

yes it does. tried it multiple times. crashes each time. i don't need the mac app store right now, so no hurry. but thought it might interest you.

38. Banderous

Banderous

@Thomas4 Thanks for the report, I can't reproduce it right now but I'll try and dig into it.

39. Farrell

Farrell

When will this come up on the priority list?

40. Banderous

Banderous

@Farrell I'm afraid it is likely next year sometime after the windows store, there are only a handful who have requested this.

41. Toad

Toad

As an owner of both products this feature is definitely on my wish list.

42. jhample

jhample

I am having an issue building my app for Android. I am using Android Native to handle some Android tasks and using Unibill for IAPs. Android native however also has some stuff built in for IAP. They seem to be conflicting. When I build I am getting this error
    Any idea how to get these to play nicely together? The maker of Android Native has suggested opening the source in Eclipse and making one plugin extend the other then letting that class extend UnityPlayerActivity. However this involves a lot of tinkering around and will likely have to be redone when either plugin is updated. Are there any simpler solutions?

43. Banderous

Banderous

@jhample what version of Unibill are you using?

Unibill doesn't override the main activity so you shouldn't need to modify any activities, it's that there is a class that is included in both jars that is causing the problem.

44. jhample

jhample

I am using the most current version available on the store. It seems to be importing android/vending/billing/IInAppBillingService twice. Is there any way to prevent that?

45. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

Hey, I just installed 1.2.3, and I'm getting a build error:

Unibill.Impl.FakeGooglePlayPlugin' does not implement interface member `Unibill.Impl.IRawGooglePlayInterface.pollForConsumables()' and the best implementing candidate `Unibill.Impl.FakeGooglePlayPlugin.initialise(Unibill.Impl.GooglePlayBillingService, string)' return type `void' does not match interface member return type `void'

46. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

Another question, not necessarily Unibill-related but maybe. When I make Android builds on my computer, making sure it uses our Keystore, it works just fine. When someone else makes a build for the same device on his computer using the same Keystore, the resulting build gives this error message. "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play." Any ideas?

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Please add us to the list of people requesting virtual items!

The PlayerPrefs get/set we are currently doing for items bought with virtual currency seems to be duplicating functionality that's mostly there in Unibill.

Virtual currency purchases could be done by adding a virtual currency selection dropdown and virtual currency price field in Purchasable Item editor. The logic could be fairly simple as well: check old item count, DebitCurrency, increment item count, check new item count.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  48. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

+1
    for virtual products

49. tonic

tonic

50. Banderous

Banderous

@jhample Unibill has to include it in its jar. I suggest you try and remove it from the other jar, leaving Unibill to handle all your billing.

@Dreamwriter delete the file with the build error

@Dreamwriter you need to make sure you're both using the same version number

@Rocket Alien @RandAlThor they're coming!

@tonic Unibill won't be adopting OpenIAB but the most popular stores will get integrations