Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Unibill - the cross platform In App purchase plugin!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Banderous, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Landci

Landci

yes seen that, thanks.

Just ran into another issue with App Transport Security, it seems that when i am requesting the Product data i get the:

App Transport Security has blocked a cleartext HTTP (http://) resource load since it is insecure. Temporary exceptions can be configured via your app's Info.plist file.

any ideas?

2. Banderous

Banderous

@Landci Unibill does not make specific HTTP requests unless you're using hosted configuration. Internally storekit makes requests, but they're beyond Unibill's control.

3. ababab5

ababab5

Unibill is not available anymore ... Is it possible to have an answer : we paid for this asset, and now ...? what is the new "unibill" ?

4. sevensails

sevensails

I think the response will be : "Unity IAD", available natively for Unity 5.3 on december. =(

5. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

I don't see anything about it ...

6. kujo

kujo

@Banderous

I've just updated my project to Unity 5.2.1f1 and done a Universal build of my game. I've checked the Mock framework boxes, but when I run a test build, I'm constantly being told:
    Code (csharp):
    1. WinRT information: Access is denied.
    3. UnibillBiller: UnibillWin8:Exception loading listing information:Access is denied.
    5. Access is denied.
    If I turn on breaking when the exception happens, it occurs on line 4 below

Code (csharp):
    1. private void init(int delay) {
    2. UnityEngine.WSA.Application.InvokeOnUIThread(() => {
    3.  win8.Initialise(this, delay);
    4. }, false);
    5. }
    With this as the exception body:

Code (csharp):
    1. A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in unibill.DLL
    3. WinRT information: Access is denied.
    5. Additional information: Access is denied.
    7. Access is denied.

7. Banderous

Banderous

@ababab5 You can continue to use and download Unibill. Unity IAP will be available for free in December.

8. Banderous

Banderous

@kujo Have you saved your inventory? That error would indicate the live store is being used but your app hasn't been published.

9. kujo

kujo

Yeah, the inventory saves. It works fine for all the other platforms, including windows phone 8.1, just not on a store build. It's not been published to the store yet, but the check box is ticked for mock stores

10. Banderous

Banderous

@kujo was this previously working on Unity 5.1? That error would indicate a threading problem and I'm wondering if Unity have made threading related changes in 5.2.

11. kujo

kujo

Yeah, it does seem like a threading issue, from what I've seen in the past with WP8 plugins... I've updated my project from 4.6.6 to 5.2.1 and not done WinStore before, so I don't know if 5.1 worked or not.

12. tripknotix

tripknotix

Unibill is broken in 5.3, they now use ILogger for something else now. Please rename it.

13. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

An How-to to migrate from Unibill to Unity IAP exists?

14. Banderous

Banderous

@Thibaudz Check out the demo scene that comes with Unity IAP to see how to define products and process purchase related events.

15. plokkum

plokkum

Does anyone have experience with working with virtual currencies when a mobile device is offline? Looks like I can't credit virtual currencies in offline mode.

16. Banderous

Banderous

@plokkum You can call virtual currency methods as soon as you have started initialisation.

17. plokkum

plokkum

Thanks, even if !Unibiller.Initialised @Banderous?

18. Banderous

Banderous

Correct.

19. plokkum

plokkum

Thanks a lot!

20. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

Where is this demo? I searched asset store for "Unity IAP" and nothing from Unity Tech shows up. I'm upset this asset is getting depreciated, it was just featured a few months ago...kinda unprofessional.

kugun and Yash987654321 like this.
  21. Zilk

Zilk

Unity IAP is available in the Unity 5.3 beta.

22. kugun

kugun

I wonder, is there anyone can get ios publish with using Unibill plugin on Unity 5.2 or 5.3? I am getting error after i archive and exporting for store.

23. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

Hi

In iOS 9.0 sometimes the transaction is not finished. We don't got callback and when the user try to buy again, he get an error (see screenshot).

Have you any idea?

Attached Files:

24. plokkum

plokkum

I had the same issue and it took me a while to figure out. Untill I found this documentation regarding the issue:
    http://www.outlinegames.com/documen...5-incorrect-unibillosx-bundle-import-settings

In short, select your /assets/plugins/unibillosx.bundle and make sure only "Standalone" is checked in the inspector.
    Create a new, clean build (don't append). Now try signing/building it again.

25. Banderous

Banderous

@productofself Unity IAP is indeed in the 5.3 beta, it is not an asset store package.
    @Thibaudz Please send a trace of any errors to support.

26. kugun

kugun

I made that changes but I am still getting error. After changed those paramters, i am able to get export, although, when i try to archive it, unibillosx-bundle gives error in the last step of archive.

27. Banderous

Banderous

@kugun The OSX bundle shouldn't be included at all in an iOS build. You could delete it if you don't need OSX.

kugun likes this.
  28. kugun

kugun

With deleting the bundle, i am able to get an valid export. Thank you for your answer.

29. CarlosLM

CarlosLM

Any idea on this? I'm facing the same problem when testing.

30. Banderous

Banderous

31. ina

ina

I just noticed that this has been deprecated?!

What is the recommended solution for in-app payments and billing?

32. Banderous

Banderous

@ina Unity IAP is coming for free in 5.3 and is currently in beta.

33. trd99

trd99

My first iOS app is in review at Apple. Using latest UniBill, latest xCode and Unity 5.2.2.

App is getting rejected due to problem with iap. Testing in sandbox works great on my end with multiple devices and networks.

According to their messages and screenshots, the app stops when it connects to Apple's servers for UniBill to get the information. I can't tell if it is having trouble with the connection or having problems with getting data back.

I have followed their advice for reinstall and retest on my devices, still works on my end in sandbox. I could resubmit another version to Apple that has more messages to troubleshoot more, then submit another once this issue gets solved, but am hoping I missed something silly on my end.

Thanks

34. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

Hi

We need to move to Unity 5.3 but we want to still use Unibill and not Unity IAP (we need server check receipt and we see it'll be available only on Unity 5.4)
    Unibill is it compatible with unity 5.3?

Best

35. Banderous

Banderous

@trd99 Please send all logs and error information to support@outlinegames.com. Apple should be able to provide trace output from their test device.

@Thibaudz Unity IAP provides receipts you can validate in 5.3

36. trd99

trd99

banderos, they have not given any traces as of yet. i am awaiting a call from apple and have asked for any traces.

37. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

Ok great, I'll try to make the changes when 5.3 will be stable.

Same issue and we don't receive any traces yet too :(

38. Banderous

Banderous

@Thibaudz What is the same issue you have? Rejection from Apple with Unibill?

39. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

Sometimes, the IAP don't finish and players have this error: "this in-app purchase has already been bought it will be restored for free"

Best

40. trd99

trd99

Just got rejection email from DTS, saying since 3rd party there is no help. Frustrated and at a loss of how to proceed...

41. stivdev

stivdev

Hi Banderous, hopefully a simple question.

If a player buys a non-consumable and then later starts the game fresh in flight mode (i.e. Unibill cannot initialise), can Unibill still tell me if it thinks the player should have access to that IAP based on the last time it connected, even though it obviously can't verify it?

Or is this a scenario I need to track myself?

42. trd99

trd99

if i recall correctly, unibill uses player preferences. you can try unibiller.getpurchasecount('com.some.iap.id') in airplaine mode to see. do a few test purchases and check your playerprefs with a viewer.

seemed rather insecure, so i track myself in my program. using simplesql to do sqlite db locally on the app, which is also required for other reasons in the app.

43. Kryzarel

Kryzarel

Hi, I have a question regarding runtime product definition.

Is there a way to add more products to the inventory after the first call to Unibiller.Initialise(products)? Further calls to initialise seem to have no effect. Is the user forced to kill the app and restart it in order to update the inventory?

We are working on a dlc system where content is downloaded from our server without the user having to update the app itself. We initialise unibill with a list of products retrieved from our server. But if there's an update to the list on the server after you have already opened the game, you'd see the new products but you wouldn't be able to buy them.

On mobile platforms where the game might sit in the background for ages and never actually close this could pose a problem.

44. Banderous

Banderous

@stivdev You can query Unibill's purchase database as soon as you have started initialisation, it is stored locally (and insecurely) in playerprefs.
    @Kryzarel the latest version of Unibill should allow you to request new products.

45. Kryzarel

Kryzarel

@Banderous Thanks for the response, could you provide an example of how to do that? We have the latest version (73) and can't seem to find how to do it.

46. Banderous

Banderous

47. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

@Banderous Have you any suggestions for this issue? More and more players have that?

48. Banderous

Banderous

@Thibaudz This is on the latest Unibill version? It's hard to say without some sort of diagnostic trace from an affected device. Can you reproduce this yourself?

49. DominiqueT

DominiqueT

unfortunately no :(

50. hellobard

hellobard

After upgrading to 5.3 I am getting 13 errors saying that ILogger is an ambiguous reference between Uniject.ILogger and UnityEngine.ILogger. What can I do to fix this? I will be upgrading to Unity IAP, but not just yet as I need to push an update soon.

samwit likes this.