Search Unity

Introducing the uScript Visual Scripting Tool for Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by uScript, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ArcDragon

ArcDragon

I see.thank you.

2. Mikie

Mikie

I loaded a large graph. Did some work on it and some moving around. Now the graph does not appear and I can't get back into view. This is the learning version on Windows 7.

3. uScript

uScript

Hello Mikie!

Try pressing the Home key on your keyboard to re-center the canvas to the default position. There are several other ways to manipulate the graph canvas as well. If available you can use the middle mouse button to pan the canvas or the wheel to zoom in/out. There are also many hot-keys available for manipulating the canvas such as ALT+Left-Click to pan, the bracket keys ( [ and ] ) to jump focus between any event nodes, etc. Hot-keys can be found in our online documentation here: http://uscript.net/docs/index.php?title=Hot-Keys

We also recommend you join the community/support forum at http://uscript.net/forum and post your questions there for the development team to see and respond to. There are also many common questions already asked and answered that you can search for that you might find helpful.

4. xisailuo

xisailuo

Hello, have you supported the NavMesh?

5. uScript

uScript

Yes. uScript supports all Unity features inherently through its reflection feature. Several of our customers have recently been using this 3.5 feature with uScript. Feel free to join our uScript forum if you wish to ask more detailed questions to the uScript engineers or would like to see how other's have been using uScript with NavMeshes.

6. uScript

uScript

One of our co-founders, Scott Blinn, was recently interview regarding both Detox Studios and uScript in the latest Unity Asset Store Newsletter. Click here to go to the interview.

7. SaltSlasher

SaltSlasher

You know this makes my life a lot easier.

I am using the trial version, because I was unsure. After trying a few videos from Tube, I can tell I already love it. I don't know about the others or what they do, but this uScript is awesome, and I plan to use it heavily.

I am positive that someone who has never programmed can learn how this functions. I have been programming for about a year, and I think its amazingly cool.

I am hoping to find more documentation and videos on using this to its full potential. I would like a full course, like on Design3 or uTube.

8. tristratos

tristratos

Is it possible to export unity uscripted game to flash as is now ?
    Are there any additional limitations ? If so please specify?
    Will all scripting sequences work within flash player ?

Is there any kind of uScript library that would help users choose from a ready made scripting uScript wire available ? If so where? If not, do you plan any kind of ready made wires for users to share ?

Last but not least, when do you plan to releasing the product ?
    Do you plan on releasing full game tutorials to convinve the masses that uScript IS actually capable of developing a complete game from start to finish s=with scenes/logic/start-end splash screens and so on?

I am looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards
    Tri

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  9. RyanSchurton

RyanSchurton

Not sure if this was suggested but I would love to see huge iOS and andriod support. Making it easyer for non programmers to publish games on the app store. With something like uscript you have already made it that much more possible.

Thanks guys

10. uScript

uScript

The current version of Unity's Flash exporter doesn't correctly convert all of uScript's code to Action Script as their Flash build does not yet support all of Unity's core features (it is still a preview/beta under active development). It's our expectation this will be addressed before the official release of the Flash Exporter but we cannot guarantee it. Outside of the code conversion there are no uScript specific incompatibilities we are aware of, if there end up being some we will make every reasonable effort to fix them.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  11. uScript

uScript

Retail Beta 18 of uScript is now available for download! For details, see this post.

Reminder: If you are just looking to try uScript you can use our free Personal Learning Edition, which can be downloaded here.

Also feel free to ask the development team any questions on our forum.

12. adelinalee

adelinalee

just look around... coz i'm beginner in here.. :)

13. Lavidimus

Lavidimus

Not sure if this has been answered here or not so I'll just ask, I'm building a movement system with uscript PLE which will be turn based. The movement is setup like old school might and magic style games and I can get the initial movement setup, strafing rotating etc, but I can't figure out how to update the movement based on player rotation, so if he's looking left when the player moves forward he moves in that direction instead of the world direction. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated as I'm trying to move from playmaker to uScript.

14. Mup

Mup

I just got uScript, i watched the videos on explaining it and i ran into a problem. I want to do exactly what happends in the intro video to uScript on Youtube and noticed things are named differently but i cant make it able to do something when i press something on the keyboard e.g space.

I know this question is a little vague but please answer best you can.

15. Mup

Mup

sorry...double post

16. tristratos

tristratos

When do you expect to release the final product?

17. uScript

uScript

Hey all- if you have uScript questions, you should head on over to the uScript forum and ask them there. The entire development team is there to answer your questions (as well as many helpful uScript users).

http://uscript.net/forum

18. uScript

uScript

With uScript approaching version 1 (exact date is still TBD), we have started a new video series called "uScript Quick Tips". More information and a link to the first video in the series can be found on our forum here:

http://www.uscript.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1625

19. uScript

uScript

Retail Beta 19 of uScript is now available for download! For details, see this post.

Reminder: If you are just looking to try uScript you can use our free Personal Learning Edition, which can be downloaded here.

20. WACOMalt

WACOMalt

Does this work for android games?

21. echo17

echo17

I was going to purchase this plugin while it was on sale, but the sale price says 0% off, and it is listed at full price. Is this on purpose?

22. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

Yep. uScript supports all platform that are officially supported by Unity, this includes Xbox 360 and PS3.

It should be fixed now. A new build was recently submitted, which may have temporarily reset the price. It should now show up at $47.50 or 50% off.

23. echo17

echo17

Awesome, thanks so much!

24. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Hey Michael, I think you should submit a bug report about the Asset Store price reset. I have seen this happen several times now, many Asset Store devs were giving discount price and it got resetted when they submitted a new build and user only see the old price. I think you should report it and make the Asset Store "remember" the old price.

25. reaper7

reaper7

Is the $47.50 offer over? Asset store says 50% off but price is showing at $95.

26. uScript

uScript

Yes, Unity's August summer sale ended at the end of August and uScript is now back to its original 50% off beta sale price. However, Unity has informed us that uScript will be part of another upcoming sale where it will once again be offered for a limited time at 75% off the full retail price of $47.50. Unfortunately we do not yet have details of when that sale will start.

Best,

-- the uScript Team

27. reaper7

reaper7

Thanks, for the reply, I will definitely get it once it comes up at the sale price.

28. uScript

uScript

Retail Beta 25 of uScript is now available for download and contains major performance improvements-- especially in very large Unity projects. For details, see this post.

29. maskedshuuyu

maskedshuuyu

Got this and been playing around with it. Trying to play a song for background music in my game and I keep getting an assert stating that:

[Edit] All sorted now :D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  30. Andy2222

Andy2222

Is there a way to use smaller fonts/gui nodes in UScript? I have the problem that anything else than 100% canvas zoom in, will get rid of any text inside nodes or comments and will also render the node in some LOD version. If i directly compare this to kismet, i can zoom out 30-50% more in Kismet before it becomes unreadable/useable.

Is there some setting to disable this LOD behavior in UScript and be able to get more readable nodes visible in the canvas? It becomes really hard to follow and read larger Uscript constructs this way.

Thx Andy

31. shwa

shwa

Any idea if this sale is about to happen?

thanks,

shwa

32. mah

mah

hey,

I bought uscript I would say a year ago, tried it seemed to work quite well didn't crashed but the lit was a bit lean. Normal, it was super early early beta.

But now, I finally got the need of it. I am trying to do something as simple as switching camera with triggers, so far I faced 3 bad behavior from the tool

and I wanted to know if you guys planned on fixing it any soon.

- the right click menu is painfully super slow to appear and laggy in response

- keyboard shortcuts doesn't work (e.g: delete key won't work)

- and the last one, uscript don't seem to be able to reassign something that as been copy pasted. I need to create new asset and new graph everytime

E.G: Lets say I want to create 2 camera zone: I copy/paste my small graph (the graph contain a trigger that goes to a trigger event to a switch camera)
    I duplicates my camera and my trigger zone in my hierarchy. even if I rename them and re assign it to my newly pasted graph, they keep referencing to the older objects

thanks to give me a hand, I am running Retail Beta 23 (0.9.1970) and for a reason I don't understand, I cant get the latest one..

33. uScript

uScript

Hello shwa. The sale happened in September. The current 50% sale is still in effect though, and will be ending in a few weeks.

34. uScript

uScript

Hello mah,

The bugs you mention regarding hotkeys were fixed in the latest build (Retail Beta 29). There should be no reason why you can not download the latest version. Please go to our forum and ask for assistance with this.

Regarding your other questions, please post them over on the uScript forum so that the development team can assist you. Our forum is at: http://uscript.net/forum

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  35. mah

mah

ok thanks for the feedback

36. Shaba1

Shaba1

I had and older PLE, downloaded about 2 months ago. It worked fine with unity 3.5. I upgraded to unity 4.0 and then tried to open a test project that I had previously (with 3.5) put the unity package in, that worked just fine. Then I tried with a new blank project. That had problems. #1 the tools menu would not appear no matter what I did. #2 the _uscript and Gizmos folder were nowhere to be found in the project panel. Instated there were two folders called uscript binary and uscript editor. Nothing could be dragged to the hierachy panel. As I said this PLE package was about 2 months old so that maybe the problem. I just download the latest PLE (12/11/2012) and will try it out with that blank project, but I am wondering if anyone else had the same problems with 4.0?

37. josemoreira

josemoreira

Hello guys,
    I am very new to uScript and i need some answers please :)

Is it compatible with unity 4 Flash? Can i build flash projects with it?
    Do you plan to release some tutorials? Like Playmaker did with "Well Played Games", it really helped all the users...

38. Karsten

Karsten

hi, your product looks very interesting.I was trying to Download that Evaluation/Learning edition but somehow on your homepage i can register for that download and it says "check your mail for downloadlink" but i never get an email.I have super doublechecked my emailadress has no typos and is reachable.
    How can i get that evalution version please?

39. SBDu

SBDu

Hi

I have the same problem as karsten with downloading the Evaluation/Learning edition. It says to check my email and for the past hour I still haven't received the email with download link. If this is an error is there a fix/alternative please? I have only just started using unity and scripting with code isn't what i'm used to, I'm used to Unreals Kismet and this gives me that same control.

40. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

There seems to be an intermittent problem with our outgoing mail server. Occasionally, outgoing mail gets lost or is never sent out. We are working with our web host and reviewing the download page script to see if we can identify the problem.

Just now, I requested the PLE version for myself three time within a few minute timespan. The first never came through, but the other two did.

Please send the request again through the download page. My hope is that it will work for you this time. If not, please PM me the name and/or email address you used for the download request, and I'll look into it further. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Update: I just checked the download request log, and discovered that I had entered the wrong email address on my first attempt. That probably explains why it never arrived.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Question regarding Evaluation/Learning Edition. I downloaded and installed it. Than I watched your introduction video and try to make the "Hello World" but I failed. In my uScript I cant find Event / Global Events / On Game Start ... Is the Evaluation Version a trimmed down version? Are nodes missing?! What iam doing wrong? Thanks

42. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

I believe that video is somewhat old, and some nodes have had their names changed. You should use the "On Graph Start" socket of the "uScript Events" node. The rest of the video is probably the same.

The search field at the top of the Toolbox panel can be used to quickly locate a node if you know part of it's name. If you enter "uScript" in the search field, you should see that the "uScript Events" node is located at "Events" > "Game Events".

I hope that helps.

43. tri-stratos

tri-stratos

I tried to enter my data to download the PLE version but I received NO reply whatsoever!!
    Is the system working properly ?

I have also posted the problem in uscript's official forum, but I haven't received ANY reply yet
    http://www.uscript.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2288
    Is uScript development still on or the project is abandoned ?

Please inform us what the case is as we would really like to be informed of wether we should consider it as an option!

Best Regards,
    Tri

44. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

Yeah. uScript is still going strong. I apologize for the difficulty you've had in downloading the PLE. We've had a number of people report that they've never received the email. Sometimes simply re-submitting the download request solves the problem, as the second email arrives normally ... but this doesn't always help. My guess is that the email is getting lost in a spam filter somewhere along the route.

I will be taking a look at the system shortly to see if I can identify the issue, make the email look less like spam, or we'll switch to a different distribution system entirely. I know the email system does work, as we have dozens of successful PLE downloads each day. I just tested it myself, and received the email about 10 seconds later.

I'll PM you a download link directly. If anyone else is having problems with the PLE download, feel free to send me a PM, and I'll make sure you get a copy.

45. Mantra-Games

Mantra-Games

Hi there, I emailed you guys a couple days ago but got no response. Playmaker failed me in that it does not support or compile to flash export. Do you guys support the flash exporter at this time?

Cheers.

46. crafTDev

crafTDev

No I don't think so, yet at least. Coming in a new update IIRC...

47. Cripplette

Cripplette

Last time I downloaded the PLE, the email was in my spam box

48. uScript

uScript

49. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

For those individuals that were having problems downloading the PLE version ...

The download page has been updated, and you will no longer receive an email containing a link to the file. Instead, the file will be served as soon as the request is submitted. Please give it a try and let me know if you have any further problems with the download.

50. uScript

uScript

This build adds support for changes made in Unity 4.1 as well as a couple of bug fixes. For details on getting this build as well as a link to the build notes, see this post on the uScript forum.