Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing the Beta Community's own Community Manager

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by LeonhardP, Aug 26, 2016.

1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

My name is Leo and I am the latest addition to the team of Community Managers here at Unity as a Student Worker.

The focal point of my activities in this position centers on fostering communication between Unity’s Beta Community and our developers. Beginning with the 5.5 Beta I will do my best to facilitate your access to selected features and changes that come with new Beta versions by providing you with exemplary projects, videos, and other means. Additionally, I will have an eye on the Beta forum to help making your voices be heard by the right people.

Besides this, I am studying game design and development in Copenhagen, have an educational background in philosophy, and I love games of all sorts, making them, and helping others make them. Also, spaceships!

Looking forward to get acquainted with you and hope to see you in the Beta forums.

chiapet1021, orb, m4d and 2 others like this.
  2. orb

orb

Welcome to the frying pan!

There's one thing I've been wondering since I the 5.5 sub-forum appeared. Where is the beta download link‽ I see other people using it, but when I go to the beta download page it says there's no beta currently available. Is it back to being for special people only?

3. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Coming shortly.

Though, I'm supposing a lot of people are talking about the docs/info released in the sticky threads.

orb likes this.
  4. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

I guess they are trying the 2D Experimental Builds (5.5.0a1 and 5.5.0a6)

5. orb

orb

That might be it. I prefer betas to alphas though, as they tend to get updates a little more often :)

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Welcome!

(I swear I read this thread and answered it already but I can't see my post...)

7. goat

goat

hello