Search Unity

Introducing IOS Native Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Jun 7, 2018.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@ImranKhalil @JoMaHo DM me please, we will figure something out.

Hello, what kind of problems? As for the language setting, yeas you are looking into the right place.

@Henrik-Flink Yes, the new version was already available on Monday, and it has full Apple TV support. Give it a try and let me know in case of any issues. I will post version notes a bit later today.

2. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

The 2019.2.9 update

Version Notes

• Media Player. Media player API Added.
    • Foundation: NSNotificationCenter API added.
    • UIKit. Countdown timer added an ability to set a start time.
    • User Notifications. ISN_UNNotificationRequest trigger parsing fixed.
    • MediaPlayer framework removed from the default frameworks list.
    • TvOs platform compilation issue fixed.
    • Social examples scene fixed.
    • Settings window deprecation warning fix unity 2018.2.
    • Unity 2019 deprecations warnings fixed.
    • Test resources clean up.

3. Henrik-Flink

Henrik-Flink

Thanks for the swift support, works very well indeed!

4. cezanVBE

cezanVBE

Hello,

I'm currently having trouble with the universal links I tried the demo code but the URL returned from getLauchUniversalLink() is always an empty string. The app does open correctly with the universal link and the function getLauchUniversalLink() is called immediately.

string url = ISN_UIApplication.ApplicationDelegate.GetLaunchUniversalLink(); if(!string.IsNullOrEmpty(url))
    {
    Debug.Log("ALaunch Universal Link Detecetd: " + url);
    }

this is the demo code i'm using

Thanks!

5. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @cezanVBE can you please post the XCode log as well?

6. cezanVBE

cezanVBE

Hey lacost,

Thanks for the response!

When starting the app with our Universal link ( our_url.io/model ) the xcode output is:

11:02:49.226770 +0100 HoloScopeBeta IOSNative::LogLevel -> info:true warning:true error:true
    11:02:49.233075 +0100 HoloScopeBeta IOSNative::Unity->Native method: _ISN_AppDelegate_Subscribe data:
    11:02:50.569976 +0100 HoloScopeBeta IOSNative::Unity->Native method: _ISN_AppDelegate_GetLaunchUniversalLink data:

I have also subscribed on the ContinueUserActivity to see if that would work but both stay empty. The fact that the app is starting at all is telling me that the website and app are setup correctly. But I just don’t get the url, I am currently running this on a iPhone 6s with IOS 12.1.2 installed and Xcode version 10.1.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  7. NathanWarden

NathanWarden

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue where the plugin isn't recognizing itself as being enabled. I'm not sure where the problem lies. Maybe it's a Unity 2018.3 issue?

I get the following error when running in Xcode:
    You are trying to use the Store Kit API without it being enabled inside plugin settings.

I made sure several times that the iOS Native Store Kit service is set to On. I restarted Unity also just in case. I turned it off and back on. I also used the "Start API Resolvers" button when all else failed and it still doesn't work.

I also see there's a compiler flag set which indicates that it recognizes itself as being enabled.
    STORE_KIT_API_ENABLED

I'm using:
    Xcode 10.1
    Unity 2018.3.3f1

Thanks!
    Nathan

8. Henrik-Flink

Henrik-Flink

Hi,

Having a bit of a problem with iCloud on tvOS, seems like I can't access the UbiquityIdentityToken and getting the following error in xcode:

[default] [ERROR] error while getting ubiquityIdentityToken: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.bird.token was invalidated." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.bird.token was invalidated.}

Any idea what's wrong?

[EDIT] Seems like the ubiquityIdentityToken is not available on tvOS, although it seems that iCloud Key-Value Storage should still work on tvOS, so I guess it's not dependent on getting the token?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  9. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@cezanVBE That's a lot for the report I will definitely investigate it, and will make sure that update that suppose to come this weekend will have this issues fixed.

Hey @NathanWarden thank you for the report. That's a very interesting issue, but API enable/disable is pretty simple and should not have any breakage. I will DM you since I probably would need your help to figure it out, since I have got a similar report's from anybody else yet and wasn't able to reproduce on my end. Thanks in advance for the help.

@Henrik-Flink you are right.
    According to this answer, you don't even need to be checking for the availability of iCloud as Apple's own iCloud fundamentals guide states that the Key Value Store should be considered to be always available.

It is safe to continue KVS usage and ignore the fact that the ubiquityIdentityToken is null.

10. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

The 2019.3.10 update released!

Version Notes
    • Editor UI Search bar added.
    • Application continueUserActivity & application OpenURL deprecated declaration fixed.
    • Picked video media URL is fixed.
    Next Version Plans:
    • Replay Kit broadcasting API
    • Core Location framework basic API

11. James-Jo

James-Jo

I've upgraded to ultimate-mobile-pro 2019.3.9 version and currently going through the process of updating my code.

I was looking around in the documentation and couldn't find a direct reference to finding the Locale like the original UM_Location.Instance.GetLocale (UM_Location.OnLocaleLoaded).
    I need a country code for device.
    What would be the best way of finding the Locale of a iOS and Android device?

AND

Older versions of banner ads
    UM_AdManager.CreateAdBanner (x, y, GADBannerSize.BANNER);
    I was able to set the location of the banner, but not found in new version.

AND

Android, iOS Save or Load Game Data
    I've saved game data from Android and iOS snapshots as a string or byte, but now there new version load game is no string or byte data in the return value.

- Old Version class GK_SavedGame

public event Action<GK_SaveDataLoaded> ActionDataLoaded = delegate {};
    private string _Id;
    private string _Name;
    private string _DeviceName;
    private DateTime _ModificationDate;
    private byte[] _Data = null; ===> Not in the new version.
    private bool _IsDataLoaded = false;

- Old Version class GP_Snapshot

public GP_SnapshotMeta meta;
    public byte[] bytes; ===> Not in the new version.
    public string stringData; ===> Not in the new version.

please check

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  12. MayankManjul

MayankManjul

Hey,
    We are planning to buy this plugin, but before we do that, we have few questions.
    a: If notification permission has been allowed or not?
    b: Can we open our apps setting screen to allow permission if denied like facebook is doing it. I have attached a screen shot for the reference

Attached Files:

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

You can definitely find ou every app permissions status with all the details provided by a system.
    That's a very good feature request. I will make sure it's a part of the next update.

14. MayankManjul

MayankManjul

When can we expect this update? Is there any proposed date yet?

15. akhil_unity241

akhil_unity241

I have a few questions based on above

1) If notification permission has been allowed or not?
    Do you mean your plugin supports such a query or it can be queried from the system ?

2) Does "Ultimate Mobile Pro" has same API as "iOS Native Pro". we need above features for both iOS and Android. Should we buy "Ultimate Mobile Pro" as a single package or buy iOS and android packages separately ?

3) Do you support Native Keyboards (e.g. Numeric KeyPad) for Android and iOS. I could not find it in the documentation.

16. James-Jo

James-Jo

hi
    I am using the 2019.3.9 version of ultimate-mobile-pro.
    Set in app item ProductType is Consumable.
    If the purchase is not successful,
    For iOS In the old version, Restore In App Payment is
    run
    PaymentManager.Instance.RestorePurchases ();
    Return
    PaymentManager.OnTransactionComplete
    PaymentManager.OnRestoreComplete
    Checked the ProductIdentifier returned from OnTransactionComplete and proceeded with the restore.
    2019.3.9 version is
    run
    ISN_SKPaymentQueue.RestoreCompletedTransactions ();
    Return
    OnRestoreTransactionsComplete
    Only successes and failures are returned.
    Nothing ProductIdentifier .
    How can I restore for a failed purchase?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  17. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Planning to release it next weekends. You can DM me to get an early version.

Unlike the Android, where permissions can be queried from a single access point using the Runtime Permissions SDK. On iOS, permissions are bound to each module, and modules can have different permissions API, and provide a different scope of information.

Currently, iOS Native plugin provides permissions API for:

Contacts:
    Camera:
    Photos:
    Notifications:
    The Ultimate Mobile Pro. Would be the best option for you. It contains borh iOS & Androd packages inside, plus provides cross-platform wrapper, ability to test API in editor, and a lot more, please check this article:
    https://unionassets.com/ultimate-mobile-pro/introduction-725

Nope, I wanted to implement it. Since I was also struggling with keyboard appearance. But Apple does not provide API for keyboard, you can only create native input filed inside the XCode view editor and then keyboard appearance will be based on that native input settings.

18. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @James-Jo

First of all, you can not restore Consumable items, only Non-Consumable items can be restored.
    Also, if you have Ultimate Mobile Pro, I would recommend you use cross-platform In-Apps API provided by the plugin
    https://unionassets.com/ultimate-mobile-pro/manual#in-app-purchases

That's right. The callback from RestoreCompletedTransactions, only provides you with Restore request result. So you can find out when restoring flow is complete, and if there was an issue, and set appropriate flags in your application if needed.

Check out the Purchase Flow guide. To handle the purchases you need to create and assign TransactionObserver, that will be notified about all the user purchases. OnTransactionUpdated will be called for every purchase.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnTransactionUpdated(ISN_SKPaymentTransaction transaction)
    The ISN_SKPaymentTransaction will contain all the info about the transition

Code (CSharp):
    1. /// <summary>
    2.     /// A string used to identify a product that can be purchased from within your application.
    3.     /// </summary>
    4.     public string ProductIdentifier {get;}
    6.     /// <summary>
    7.     /// A string that uniquely identifies a successful payment transaction.
    8.     ///
    9.     /// The contents of this property are undefined except when <see cref="State"/>
    10.     /// is set to <see cref="ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState.Purchased"/>
    11.     /// or <see cref="ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState.Restored"/>.
    12.     /// The transactionIdentifier is a string that uniquely identifies the processed payment.
    13.     /// Your application may wish to record this string as part of an audit trail
    14.     /// for App Store purchases.
    15.     /// </summary>
    16.     public string TransactionIdentifier {get;}
    18.     /// <summary>
    19.     /// The date the transaction was added to the App Store’s payment queue.
    20.     ///
    21.     /// The contents of this property are undefined except when <see cref="State"/>
    22.     /// is set to <see cref="ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState.Purchased"/>
    23.     /// or <see cref="ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState.Restored"/>.
    24.     /// </summary>
    25.     public DateTime Date {get;}
    27.     /// <summary>
    28.     /// An object describing the error that occurred while processing the transaction.
    29.     /// </summary>
    30.     public ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState State {get;}
    32.     /// <summary>
    33.     /// Gets the associated product with this transaction.
    34.     /// </summary>
    35.     public ISN_SKProduct Product {get;}
    37.     /// <summary>
    38.     /// The transaction that was restored by the App Store.
    39.     ///
    40.     /// The contents of this property are undefined except when <see cref="State"/>
    41.     /// is set to <see cref="ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState.Restored"/>.
    42.     /// When a transaction is restored, the current transaction holds a new transaction
    43.     /// identifier, receipt, and so on.
    44.     /// Your application will read this property to retrieve the restored transaction.
    45.     /// </summary>
    46.     /// <value>The original transaction.</value>
    47.     public ISN_SKPaymentTransaction OriginalTransaction {get;}
    As well as Transactions state:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. /// <summary>
    2. /// Values representing the state of a transaction.
    3. /// </summary>
    4. public enum ISN_SKPaymentTransactionState
    5. {
    6.     // Transaction is being added to the server queue.
    7.     Purchasing = 0,  
    9.     // Transaction is in queue, user has been charged.  Client should complete the transaction.
    10.     Purchased = 1,  
    12.     // Transaction was cancelled or failed before being added to the server queue.
    13.     Failed = 2,  
    15.     // Transaction was restored from user's purchase history.  Client should complete the transaction.
    16.     Restored = 3,    
    17.     Deferred = 4
    18. }

19. James-Jo

James-Jo

Thank you for answer.

I can not find a way to restore a consumable item that failed an in-app purchase in the 2019.3.9 version.

For iOS In the old version,
    Consumable Item in-app purchase in progress,
    When you quit the app, Device Background is see a successful purchase popup.
    But, transaction has not been completed And Game Item not paid.

Go back to the game.

run
    PaymentManager.Instance.RestorePurchases ();

Return
    PaymentManager.OnTransactionComplete
    PaymentManager.OnRestoreComplete

Checked the ProductIdentifier returned by OnTransactionComplete and proceeded with the restoration to complete the transaction and pay for the game item.

version 2019.3.9
    I have a consumable in-app purchase item that needs to be restored.
    ISN_SKPaymentQueue.RestoreCompletedTransactions ();
    I will proceed.
    But,
    OnRestoreTransactionsComplete returns Only successes and failures are returned.
    OnTransactionUpdated is not returned.

How do I restore a consumable in-app purchase that failed in version 2019.3.9 in the same way as in the old version?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  20. jhample

jhample

When attempting to use Game Center I am getting the following error:
    IOS Native: You are trying to use the Game Kit API without having it enabled inside plugin settings. This may cause unpredicted behaviour.

It is enabled in the settings menu. And I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall ios native pro. Further checking in debug messages shows this error as well:
    A scripted object (probably SA.iOS.XCode.ISD_Settings?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 1064 bytes but expected 1068 bytes)
    Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

One curious note, if I set Unity to build a Development Build, the error is gone and Game Center works fine. Not sure exactly when this bug popped up as I was using Development Build for a long time.

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, there is no way to restore the consumable item. Only Non-consumable items can be restored.

The code is pretty simple there:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. if (!ISD_API.Capability.GameCenter.Enabled) {
    3.    SA_Plugins.OnDisabledAPIUseAttempt(ISN_Settings.PLUGIN_NAME, "Game Kit");
    4. }

I did not. I know about those issues. I mean it's just a warning but better to avoid those and not #ifdef serialized objects.

But the reason is that you have the first error while having API enabled in settings. And you also have the second warning, that not suppose to be there, making me think that something is off. Maybe somehow 2 serialized setting object was created.

Can you send me a sample project or give access to the repo?

That's even more frustrating :)

22. greay

greay

I was having an issue with saving thumbnails to iCloud, and eventually got it working by changing this in ISN_NSKeyValueStore:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public byte[] BytesArrayValue {
    2.     get {
    3.         return Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(m_value);
    4.     }
    5. }
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public byte[] BytesArrayValue {
    2.     get {
    3.         return Convert.FromBase64String(m_value);
    4.     }
    5. }

23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thx for heads up @greay you are right, since saving was already relaying on `Convert` class
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public static void SetBytes(string key, byte[] value) {
    3.     ISN_NSLib.API.SetString(key, Convert.ToBase64String(value));
    4. }

24. dred

dred

Hello,

Can I add contact to user contact book throught your plugin?

Thanks.

25. jhample

jhample

Not sure what the root problem is but I just changed
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!ISD_API.Capability.GameCenter.Enabled) {
    2.    SA_Plugins.OnDisabledAPIUseAttempt(ISN_Settings.PLUGIN_NAME, "Game Kit");
    3. }
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!ISD_API.Capability.GameCenter.Enabled) {
    2.                     ISD_API.Capability.GameCenter.Enabled = true;
    3.                     Debug.Log("Bypass disabled");
    4.                     //SA_Plugins.OnDisabledAPIUseAttempt(ISN_Settings.PLUGIN_NAME, "Game Kit");
    5.                 }
    It now works fine without the need to be a Development Build. I can see the debug statement in Xcode so I know that it is still initially disabling GameCenter for some reason, but I can at least manually force it back on now.

26. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

No, I don't have that feature atm. But will take your request into account.

Hey @jhample the issues sound pretty weird to me. I do not see how the settings serialized filed can be disabled based on build properties.
    If you can share with me a project where I can reproduce and investigate an issue, I would appreciate that.
    My guess so far is that you somehow end-up having 2 serialized setting files and time to time the wrong setting file is picked up in runtime.

27. dred

dred

Hello @lacost

I try to use your plugin url schemes to call phone number, according to this tutorial https://unionassets.com/ios-native-pro/url-queries-schemes-607 I register url scheme as tel
    Settings.png

and use this code to call it

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void PhoneTo(string number)
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("receive PhoneTo");
    4. #if UNITY_IOS && !UNITY_EDITOR
    5.                 ISN_UIApplication.OpenURL("tel://" + number);
    6. #endif
    7. #if UNITY_ANDROID
    8.         Application.OpenURL("tel://" + number);
    9. #endif
    10.     }
    And this not working on ios. What I do wrong?
    Thanks.

28. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @dred can you give me a log?

29. dred

dred

@lacost Sure. You can find log message receive PhoneTo, its called right before openurl function.

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      18.1 KB
      Views:
  30. unnanego

unnanego

not sure if this has already been asked, but can you pick more than 1 image from gallery at a time?

31. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@dred I think you just used a wrong foramt:
    Link for Apple documentation on the tel: url scheme
    Example:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  ISN_UIApplication.OpenURL("tel:" + number);
    Also, there is no need to add this as Allowed Scheme to quiery. I am pretty sure it's allowed by default.

Hey, not there is no such ability provided by iOS API. It supposes to be a custom picker implementation. But I will consider adding this.

unnanego likes this.
  32. dred

dred

@lacost I try this, but nothing changes.
    Code:

Code (CSharp):
    1.   public void PhoneTo(string number)
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("receive PhoneTo");
    4. #if UNITY_IOS && !UNITY_EDITOR
    5.                 Debug.Log("receive PhoneToIOS");
    6.                 ISN_UIApplication.OpenURL("tel:" + number);
    7. #endif
    8. #if UNITY_ANDROID
    9.         Application.OpenURL("tel://" + number);
    10. #endif
    11.     }
    And this log :

Attached Files:

33. alexanderdvanhalen

alexanderdvanhalen

Hi,

Does this plugin support functionality that will allow me to open a web view or browser session inside my app?

Thank you

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Not yet, but I was thinking to add this. So like you want a view that can be opened over your game view, like simplified browser, here you can set s starting page. But the user will not actually leave your app?

Just small heads up if you would you Application.OpenUrl it will open the default browser app, and it will contain a 'back' button to your application.

So any particular reason why you need this?

35. blueneogeo

blueneogeo

Hi, does the CoreLocation part also support regions?

36. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Not yet @blueneogeo. Let me know what kind of feature you would like to see, and I will take this into account for the next version.

Cheers!

37. BSchafer

BSchafer

Hi I'm hoping to utilize this plug-in in my unity game to tie into the watchOS and record workout data. Would you be able to point me in the right direction on getting started with iOS Native Pro and watchOS?

Thanks!

38. habitoti

habitoti

Hi,
    I‘ve read above in this thread that you dropped turn based multiplayer support due to low demand. I‘ve tried to find ANY feasible solution for iOS, but these days there seems to be none any longer. Are there specific technical constraints to just expose the native APIs 1:1? For Android, there are multiple working solutions, with Googles own open source project being usually totally sufficient and well supported. For iOS, I‘m lost...any chance you revive it for your asset?
    Thanks, habitoti

39. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  40. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello,

If I add files in iOS Native/Copy Files to Xcode Build Phase
    I can't build my Xcode projet and select the "Append" option.

I got this error : Error building Player: IOException: .../XCode/Cover.png already exists

I think you should delete the file and replace it then in the PostProcess script.

41. ArnoldRauers_Tinytouchtales

ArnoldRauers_Tinytouchtales

Hi,
    are features like iCloud and Game Center also usable for Mac OS builds?

Thanks!

42. frederic_unity363

frederic_unity363

@lacost I am interested in integrating a native drop down on iOS. This is not part of your asset as far as I have seen. Was this technically difficult or aimed to be part of the next update?

43. WelchCompositions

WelchCompositions

I've been on the hunt for a way to get iOS's slow motion videos into Unity. The plugin mentions it can handle video importing from the library. Have you tested this with the slow motion videos? Thanks!

44. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sorry Guys for some reason I haven't got any notifications from this thread. Probably I missed the first one and then all the others went silent.

I haven't really tested it with the watch Os, but you can just give it a try and report back to be in case something is not working. The API for iOS and watchOs mostly the same so should be working fine :)

For the most API I am exposing it 1:1 but that is not easy as it sounds. Plus it's pretty hard to maintain. Since test would be a lot more complicated, ect. Feel free to get in touch with me, I think we can work something out.

@BenoitFreslon hey, I tried to reproduce the issue you've described, but no luck so far. Would you be able to to send me a sample project? Probably this is caused by some setting combination,

@H1RN Unfortunately Mac Os has a different SDK, and not supported by a plugin.

@frederic_unity363 Can you please give me an example of what you mean? There is no problem to add native iOS UI control on top of the Unity view. But I am interested in what appearance you would like to achieve (any similar app screenshot would work)

@WelchCompositions if you are referring to the video picker feature, the result will contain a video thumbnail as Texture2D and the local path to the file. So you can actually read and process the file in any way you want :)

45. habitoti

habitoti

Oh...this was quite some time back. Switched to Prime31 by now, as they seem to be the only ones still supporting this. Seems everyone is waiting for the big Unity/Google thing to happen, but then this still looks pretty much being in its baby shoes...

46. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @habitoti I gald you found a way to solve your project need.
    As much as I want every customer to use my product supporting multiplayer is just not worth for me, especially when Unity/Google thing is coming.
    And as far as I know Unity multiplayer can already be used.

47. habitoti

habitoti

Turn based multiplayer from Unity? I am unaware of that...

48. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Turn base is planned AFAIK. They do have a full multiplayer, and with tweaks here and there it can be used to stimulate turn-based experience.

49. frederic_unity363

frederic_unity363

in iOS the dropdown menu usually looks like on this screen shot this popup at the bottom where you can scroll through the options

Attached Files:

50. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

frederic_unity363 likes this.