Search Unity

Introducing IOS Native Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Jun 7, 2018.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @bphillips09 yep, Unfortunately. The reason behind this. Nobody actually using it, and way to much efforts to test and support.

2. bphillips09

bphillips09

That's understandable. Thanks for the reply!

3. caglarenes

caglarenes

What about Ultimate Mobile users? Will we see Ultimate Mobile Pro soon? Or can we switch iOS and Android Native Pro assets with an asset store upgrade?

4. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thx for understanding. Of course, if I will receive a big amount of requests for Turn-based / Real-Time multiplayer re with Game Center / Google Play, or if somebody will fund the development - then of crouse it will be part of the plugin again.

Actually Yes to both questions.
    The new Ultimate Mobile Pro is currently in beta, and I am able to send it if you wish to try.
    It also will be submitted to the asset store review this week, and most likely will be live in 3 weeks. There is no documentation yet though. I am planning to do it during plugin review.

And of course, all customers who bought Ultimate can pick up ISN & ANP plugins for as low as 1$ each (can't set smaller price for the upgrade due to Asset Store policy )

Cheers!

5. HeavyProduction

HeavyProduction

When will you be adding in the permissions API that you had in the previous system? It was a very useful system for us.

6. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @HeavyProduction The permissions API is inside the plugin from the very first version :)
    The only difference it's implemented the same way iOS provides it

Hello, This feature hasn't gone anywhere. Right now it's just more "native" way of doing this. For every API provide by ISN plugin, if that API requires additional user permissions, you can ask/check for that permissions.

For example:
    Camera Permission
    https://unionassets.com/ios-native-pro/uiimage-picker-controller-621#access%C2%A0authorizations

Photo Library Permission
    https://unionassets.com/ios-native-pro/uiimage-picker-controller-621#request-photo-library-permission

Contacts Permission
    https://unionassets.com/ios-native-pro/getting-started-636

User Notifications Authorization
    https://unionassets.com/ios-native-...sting-authorization-to-interact-with-the-user

And a lot of similar things. Point is, every API has defenses with the way it works with User Authorization. That's why "generalized" method fo working with permissions was removed. But the ability to ask a user for authorization to a certain service is still there.

HeavyProduction likes this.
  7. caglarenes

caglarenes

Neither "Ultimate Mobile Pro" nor "Android / iOS Pro" have seen as 1$ for me. I bought "Ultimate Mobile" before.

8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @caglarenes please get in touch with me, I will provide you with a voucher. Or just wait 1 day and you'll able to upgrade to Ultimate Mobile pro for 1$.

Normally asset is on review for 3-4 weeks, I use this time to polish UI, make docs, and do more testing. The Ultimate Mobile Pro was approved during 10h. I wasn't ready for this, to be honest, and now I am rushing to finish UI & Docs.
    That's why I haven't set upgrade option yet since I do not want you guys to have it until next update, that I am going to do within next 24h.

9. caglarenes

caglarenes

Three days ago I've seen Android and iOS Native Pro plug-ins as 1$ but I was too lazy. Maybe I will learn to take action. I will waiting for your next update. I'm very excited to see your new product but I can wait 24h. Thanks for your effort :)

10. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thx mate :) Will try to make an update ASAP today.

11. qwiboo

qwiboo

I'm trying to react to local notification when opening app on iOS and noticed the implementation may not be finished. Seeing this error in the device console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SendMessage: object SA.iOS.UserNotifications.Internal.ISN_UNNativeAPI does not have receiver for function DidReceiveNotificationResponseEvent!
    Can we get the implementation finished asap? I really need this functionality. Thanks!

12. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, @qwiboo thx a lot for the report. I just checked and turns out you are right, the implementation is missing. I will fix this ASAP and will make an update. You'll get a fixed version during next 20 hours. Thx for the report again, I will also cover this case with a test to make sure it would not happen again.

13. qwiboo

qwiboo

Awesome!

I have one other question. Can you add method to be able to clear ISN_UNUserNotificationCenterDelegate.LastReceivedResponse?

The reason I need this is because the app may be already running in the background when user tap on the notification, and when the app is launched the LastReceivedResponse contains the last notification. But if the app then goes to background again (user exited the app) and goes back to foreground later on the variable LastReceivedResponse still contains the notification, but at this point the user did not launch the game using the notification anymore. So it would be great for me to have control over the LastReceivedResponse variable so I know I have already dealt with the notification launching the game (or bringing the game to foreground).

Let me know if this makes sense or if I should try to explain it bit more.

14. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I see what you trying to make. I will add this small feature, no problem.

15. qwiboo

qwiboo

Thank you so much! I've been using your plugins for years now and you're doing amazing job!

16. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, so the fix and your request are ready. The plugin will be updated this weekends. But I will PM you new version.

17. DarkCooker

DarkCooker

We are using both Android Native Plugin and iOS Native Plugin.
    May I know what we will need to do in order to migrate to Pro versions?
    Do we need to rewrite everything?
    Could you please give me some guidelines? thanks

18. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    IOS Native pro & Android Native pro, is a completely different product There is no compatibility between old IOS & Android Native plugins. Both the plugins are also currently deprecated.

I just do not want to drop my existing customers who bought original plugins, that's why there is an option to upgrade to "pro line" for the smallest price that possible to set on the Asset Store.

Long story short - you will have to remove completly old product and you will have to rewrite all the implementation code.
    But the good news, I am always happy to assist in case there will be any questions.
    The new documentation & guides are already available for :

iOS Native Pro
    https://unionassets.com/ios-native-pro/manual

Android Native Pro
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-pro/manual

Ultimate Mobile Pro
    https://unionassets.com/ultimate-mobile-pro/manual

19. Litow

Litow

Thank you for the consideration for your old customers.
    I would love to upgrade, but all my code is playmaker centric.

I appreciate this may take time. Is there an ETA?
    Until then, I assume we will need to copy the older Stan's plugins into new Unity projects?

Thank you for all your efforts.

20. Litow

Litow

Also.
    I see that Mobile Native PopUps for iOS and Android has also been deprecated.
    Is this going to be implemented into a new plugin?
    Or is this now part of Ultimate Mobile Pro?

Thank you again.

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, @Litow
    We already started to work on it. So I think the playmaker addon will be released as part of Ultimate Mobile in about a month.
    By the way, if you will describe what kind of features are you currently using, I can make sure those will be part of the first release.

It's hard to support/update, multiple native plugins that are cross-referencing each other, so we are trying to make less plugin.
    So yes, iOS / Android native plugins have the native popups API with all the features provided by a native API on those platforms. The Ultimate Mobile Pro now has a cross-platform version for native popups.

I appreciate your patience and will do my best to have all the planned feature to be released ASAP.
    I can only tell then it's a finish line already, And I think I will have all the native plugins in the shape I want it to be by the end of the year.

VizmystechLLC likes this.
  22. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

1) I just get Ultimate Mobile (current version) - and support link point this thread)

and try to use following:

https://unionassets.com/ultimate-mobile-pro/native-sharing-740

However I did not get callback from iOS (12.0.1) no with Success/ no with Fail Result

Native Share dialog opens and closes correctly

What can be reason? Settings in Editor for Ultimate Mobile?

BTW, I did not find in iOS code calling ISN_Media:OnShareResult ( using
    void ISN_SendMessage(const char* obj, const char* method, NSString* msg)

Also it clear that completionWithItemsHandler must be used with
    UIActivityViewController.

please test if NativeShare for Android call Unity callback.

2) Also I think it should NOT AUTOMATICALLY add keys with default values like:
    "NSCameraUsageDescription", "Please change 'Camera Usage Description' with IOS Native UI Kit Editor Settings"
    ets..
    "NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription", "Please change 'Photo Library Usage Description' with IOS Native UI Kit Editor Settings"

Is I understand those key must be added manually...

Just do not add them to plist (moreover Unity Player Settings has them)

Also if localization list not defined - do not modify CFBundleLocalizations)))

So recommendation is: do not put default values in plist if they are not defined by user (or better prompt about them on build or one time pop-up)

Such post-processing PREVENT us from using cloud build)))

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @Lesha-VH thx for the feedback!

And I was wondering, why people keep posting in this thread instead if Ultimate Mobile thread. Actually I just check and asset store plugin description is pointing to this thread:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-ultimate-mobile-pro.571465/
    so let me please know how you ended up here :)

1. Sharing.
    Yep, I found that iOS sharing has issues. I am working on a big update for the iOS sharing, the update will be released this weekends.

2. Plist & localization
    I would like to discuss this with you since I can't say I totally agree. Would appreciate if you get in touch with me. We can post a result of our conversation here.

24. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  25. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

Well)))
    I mean following - if user DID NOT add any plist additions and localization - than DO NOT modify xCode project...

Reasons:
    1) I am using for example social sharing, but plist also includes description for camera/microphone etc.
    That can cause additional questions from Apple Reviewers.
    I do not want for number of reasons (more time in review, possible reject)

2) Other plugins (for example localization) can also modify CFBundleLocalization and fill it
    But then other plugin will erase it and fill with its own list (and I maintain list of languages in another place). (Also please add Brazilian Portuguese language "pt-BT" - it supported by app store/google play)

3) I see Plist tab page with all settings - however even I removed all additional plist strings - they are aded to plist anyway.

So if something not defined - it should not be added, EVEN it will cause some kind of errors after build)))

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  26. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @Lesha-VH
    Well you pressed iOS Native Plugin Forum link, and you ended up into iOS Native plugin forum thread. Seems good to me :)
    And it's actually good because all the issues you are talking about are iOS related. So sorry for the confusion.

Okay, os the reason behind is the following:
    • Most of the users do not know that they need to have it for certain API calls, and if you'll try to use API with this plist key, you will not get any error or warning your app will simply crash. And it doesn't matter that it's described in the documentation, people will miss it, and will have app crash and will be very frustrated
    • In my opinion, the following flow is much user-friendly. You used something -> you saw the popup with default permission text with explanations where to changes this - > you did.
    • Haven't had any issues with apple review if you have more plist variables then you actually need.
    That's because those values are controlled from the IOS Native UIKit UI.

But I value your feedback and understand your passion to keep the project as clean as possible, and even more then that I always encourage users to do so, that's why we what this modular system, for the plugin.
    So now UI will give you and ability to disable plist records you certain you do not need.
    Screenshot_110418_082845_PM.jpg

Fixed, Now if you haven't added any langauges codes with XCode UI. The CFBundleLocalization will not be added.

pt-br you mean? Ok, added.

Also, thx a lot for reporting the social sharing issue. all fixed. + Default sharing dialog is refactored, Take a look:
    https://unionassets.com/ios-native-pro/default-sharing-dialog-653

I hope you'll be happy with the update.

Also, the iCloud StoreDidChangeExternallyNotification is also fixed.

27. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

The 2018.7.5 is now live on the Asset Store.

New:
    • Editor UI: usage describtion now cam be disabled from UI.
    • Xcode: pt-br Portuguese (Brazil) lang code added.
    • Social: ISN_UIActivityViewController added.
    • Social: api avalibility check added.
    • UIKit: ISN_UIImagePickerController upgraded, Ability to retrieve video thumbnail added.
    • CoreLocation: freamwork added.
    • UserNotifications: Added ability to clear the last received invite

Fixes:
    • iCloud: StoreDidChangeExternallyNotification fix.
    • Xcode: CFBundleLocalizations will not be added in case no lang are spsified in Editor UI.
    • Social: sharing callbacks fix.
    • UserNotifications: RemoteNotifications device token format fixed.
    • UserNotifications: WillPresentNotification & DidReceiveNotificationResponse events fixed.

stevenatunity likes this.
  28. VizmystechLLC

VizmystechLLC

I just bought this asset after having a great experience with the original Ultimate Mobile kit but unfortunately, I am a little stuck without Playmaker support.

Do you have any new updates on when Playmaker compatibility might be coming?

29. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well, the Playmaker will be the part of Ultimate Mobile Asset. and it's coming this month :)

30. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

The IOS Native Pro v2018.8.6 version is ready!
    600-lanscape.png
    Version notes:

New
    - Editor UI. Requirements are now selectebale lables.
    - User Notifications: ISN_UNActionIdentifier added
    Fixes:
    - User Notifications: OnNotificationClick fixed
    - XCode: Shell scripts phase fixed for 2018.3
    - GetLastOpenNotification Idle Handler exception fixed
    - 2018.3 Compatbility fixes

bunokuzi likes this.
  31. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@bphillips09 nope. There are few reasons to that.

1. That's very expensive to support & not many users are asking for this.
    2. Unity making own Multiplayer solutions that are working out of the box, and I think most Unity users will use it instead of making native multiplayer integrations for iOS & Android

Let me know what do you think.
    Cheers!

32. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

The 2018.9.7 update
    600-lanscape.png

Version Notes
    - Version label is now selectable.
    - Installation post-process external libraries search flow fix.
    - Settings window are now only repainted when a mouse is over.
    - UIKit: ISN_UIImagePickerController ImageURL property fix.
    - UIKit: ISN_UIImagePickerController MediaURL & ImageURL path fixes.
    - GameKit: Saved games save & load flow fixed.
    - GameKit: Saved games ModificationDate property fixed.
    - 2018.3 compilation warning fixes.

33. kamihiro74

kamihiro74

Hi, I want to use iOS airdrop function, to share the video. I found there are way sharing text and images but I can't find the way to share the video. is it possible to share video through the airdrop?

this is what I did so far
    use UIKit to pickup the video path
    and then try to use Default Sharing Dialog for airdrop.
    but can't find a way to share the video path.

Best regards,

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @kamihiro74 I don't really have an ability to share video via the local link.
    But I definitely will consider adding it.

35. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

The 2019.1.8 update
    600-lanscape.png
    Version Notes
    - UIKit. ISN_UIAlertAction added an ability to attach images.
    - GameKit. Saved Games API, now automatically enables iCloud documents & storage inside the XCode project configuration.
    - GameKit. ISN_GKPlayer added an ability to load a plater photo.
    - User notifications example scene improvements.- UIKit. Camera API. Image compression fixed.
    - Scripts inconsistent line endings fixed.
    - 2018.3 warning fixes.
    - Editor window animation fixed.

36. greay

greay

Did ISN_Media go away or get renamed?

It can't be found, but the documentation still points to it as the way to present the default sharing dialog.

37. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @greay yep looks like it is. I don't really remember what is was used for... ISN_Media wasn't the best name apparently :)

Can you please describe what you are trying to achieve and I will point you to the new iOS native documentation.
    Cheers!

38. greay

greay

I'm trying to use the default sharing dialogue.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ISN_Media.Share(shareText, screenshot);
    As far as I can tell from the documentation, that's still how it's intended to be done. I can't find anything newer, and I've searched through the code but can't find a replacement.

39. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

My bad, the documentation article wasn't up to date. I will make new one ASAP.
    Right now you need you to need to use the ISN_UIActivityViewController object.
    Here is some quick example:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using SA.iOS.Social;
    3. ISN_UIActivityViewController controller = new ISN_UIActivityViewController();
    4. controller.SetText("share text");
    5. controller.AddImage(image);
    6. controller.ExcludedActivityTypes.Add(ISN_UIActivityType.Message);
    8. controller.Present((result) => {
    10.     if (result.IsSucceeded) {
    12.         Debug.Log("Completed: " + result.Completed);
    13.         Debug.Log("ActivityType: " + result.ActivityType);
    15.     } else {
    16.         Debug.Log("ISN_UIActivityViewController error: " + result.Error.FullMessage);
    17.     }
    18. });

40. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

greay likes this.
  41. greay

greay

that's what I was missing, thanks!

42. Henrik-Flink

Henrik-Flink

Hi there,

Trying to get this working on tvOS but gets a lot of error during compilation in xcode about certain classes not being available for tvOS, is there any setting or such in the iOS Native Pro settings I need to turn on to be able to build of tvOS? Thanks!

43. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @Henrik-Flink not all the feature is available on TvOS. But yea there should not be any compilation issues. I will look into it and get back ASAP.

44. Henrik-Flink

Henrik-Flink

Thanks! Yea I understand that, only using the iCloud features, should work right?

45. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep, iCloud should be just fine.

46. dolphingamestudios

dolphingamestudios

I had bought native ios and native android pro. Can I get Ultimate Mobile for free, as I already own both plugins.

47. scorpionfeast

scorpionfeast

I had bought native ios and native android pro. Can I get Ultimate Mobile for free, as I already own both plugins.

48. JoMaHo

JoMaHo

Hi lacost!
    Your plugin seems interesting. I'm looking for a way to screen record (with ReplayKit), but not including the UI.
    Is it possible? I previously used an plugin called rEK (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/45295=) that used to have the functionality, but it seems broken now.

Best
    Johnny

49. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello,

I will finally try to update to iOS native Pro version. I got too many problem when I export my XCode project.

I would like to add localized InfoPlist.strings (translate permissions) and add languages on my Xcode project automatically. Is the pro version can do that?

I can't find in the doc how the "Languages settings" does in the XCODE setting.

http://prntscr.com/maly1c

Thanks.

50. Henrik-Flink

Henrik-Flink

Any updates on the Apple TV support? Thanks!