Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Desert RTS: Multiplayer RTS Tutorial Series!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jpthek9, Jun 4, 2018.

1. jpthek9

jpthek9

It's been a hot minute since posted about Lockstep Framework (LSF).

LSF is a deterministic multiplayer RTS framework that branched off the DPhysics and Lockstep.IO projects. It features a custom physics, pathfindings, and more. Many new features and optimizations have been developed since its creation.

Here's an example of LSF simulating and syncing many units:

Thanks to thetemplar's suggestion, I started a new tutorials series. Desert RTS is aimed at creating a feature-complete multiplayer RTS game through a series of bite-sized tutorials for each feature.

Here's the most recent video for making simple RTS-style camera controls:

Everything from unit design to RTS-style GUI system will be covered in this series. Because the series is in progress, let me know want in Desert RTS and I will do my best to go over it. The community's support and feedback has shaped LSF and started this tutorial series so please feel free to pitch in under this post or on GitHub.

As always, thanks for checking this out and happy developing :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    digiross and Joe-Censored like this.
  2. II_Spoon_II

II_Spoon_II

The multiplayer will be really helpful, looking forward to watch the whole series, exactly what I needed.

unityunity