Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing ARCore: An Android AR SDK for Unity

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by matthewpruitt, Aug 28, 2017.

1. RPGia

RPGia

Hi, I'm getting a crash with the error of:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. There was an error accessing the ARCore API
    and then
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Connection state became ConnectToServiceFailed
    about 30% of the time. It's fine while prototyping, but I'm hoping to release a beta of my game soon, which can't have random crashes.

Is this a currently known issue? I get it on both my Pixel and S8.

Thanks!

2. Benamax

Benamax

Have you installed the ARCore Service app to your devices?

3. RPGia

RPGia

Yup, the apps work fine 70% of the time.

4. Sprak

Sprak

First off, thanks for posting this SDK! It's a lot of fun. I do have a few slight problems, though. The background video view is horizontally stretched on my S8, making it mismatch the rendered content. The S8 screen has an aspect ratio that doesn't match the camera aspect, but instead of zooming to fill the screen (or using black borders on the sides) it stretches to fill.
    Also, the demo scene is running at around 30 fps, which seems to be because that's the framerate of the background video feed, but not entirely sure.

5. idorurez

idorurez

Hi @timmunity (or anyone who can clarify)

I'm diving into the code just to dig around to see what I can do. Can you clarify for me how exactly it's finding new planes in TrackedPlaneManager? Is it making calls to TangoClientApi (TangoService_Experimental_getPlanes) to fill the list?

6. Beloudest

Beloudest

I'm using an S8 and seem to get lots of random crashes, is it just me? Any tips?

7. RPGia

RPGia

I'm in the same boat. Experiencing random crashes on my S8 and Pixel (with the error I posted above), even with just the provided example app. I've been working with ARCore everyday for the past week. It really sucks because I want to publish my beta, but I can't due to the random crashing.

8. TheGame

TheGame

any ETA on supporting s8+ ?? please let us know.

9. YohanB

YohanB

Yes S8+ is not supported, only S8

10. YohanB

YohanB

What is the roadmap for Tracked Pose Driver? The documentation is saying that its supporting several devices, but does it support more than ARCore? Is ARkit going to be supported through the same scheme?

11. YohanB

YohanB

Regarding the XRSettings, the current 2017.2b UnityEditor API does not seems to expose a way to set ARCore enabled programmatically, when can we expect this will be available?

12. Beloudest

Beloudest

If you check out the HelloAR example the application is set to quit when connection is lost. It's by design the bad user experience it seems. Take out the application quit call and do whatever you wish after in that script. Reconnecting would be a good choice but I wonder if that is possible.

13. Beloudest

Beloudest

Is the there a way to close the connection to ARCORE that anybody is aware of. When I load a new scene it stops working. Maybe I need to make it all persist between scenes.

WendelinReich likes this.
  14. CarinaMclane

CarinaMclane

Just to second this, intermittently my S8 flunks out on start-up with the same message. Once it starts okay there isn't an issue after that.

15. CarinaMclane

CarinaMclane

I am running it on my S8 and don't think I have this problem.. Do you have a screenshot? I do find the aspect ratio of the device exceedingly annoying for doing anything in AR in landscape mode though!

16. CarinaMclane

CarinaMclane

I haven't found a way to in the preview, there are also oddities currently like being able to attach anchors to tie game objects to planes etc, but then not being able to detach them, which you'd think logical! Hopefully the full SDK will be more fully fledged...

Beloudest likes this.
  17. chaosemer

chaosemer

Official Google Employee

PlaneAttachment is sample code, feel free to copy it and add extra features. If you want to detach an object from a plane, you'll need to add some null checks to Update and Attach in PlaneAttachment.cs

18. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Unity Technologies

Yes, exactly. See _UpdateMostRecentApiPlanes in Assets/GoogleARCore/SDK/Scripts/Managers/TrackedPlaneManager.cs. It queries a C API and then uses the data to update each TrackedPlane (see _UpdatePlanes in the same file).

19. thegapplab

thegapplab

Hey everyone! I had a question about a project I am currently working on. I am using ARCore and a Bluetooth BLE plugin to read data from a bluetooth device like an arduino. I am having trouble integrating both as when ARCore is active, the callbacks from my bluetooth device are not received. I'm not sure how to fix this or were to look for hints at what may be causing the bluetooth callbacks to not be received.

Would anyone happen to know what may be the issue?

Thanks in advance!

20. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Unity Technologies

Hi - we aren't aware of any issues with ARCore that would interfere with Bluetooth. What is the Bluetooth plugin you're using?

21. luisforque

luisforque

Hello!
    Is there any estimate on if and when ARCore is going to support vertical planes?

22. j-simpson

j-simpson

Looking at the release notes for the latest release candidate 2017.2.0f1-rc1, under the features section I see that it says "XR: Added support for Google ARCore augmented reality technology when targeting Android 7.0 and above on supported devices". Does this mean that ARCore SDK and API is now added to unity? I have not found any mention of ARCore SDK being integrated. What does "Added support for Google ARCore" mean? Do I still have to import "arcore-unity-sdk-preview.unitypackage" to get the sdk?

23. RobW81

RobW81

I Found that using the Google Play Games Recorder works well. If you start up the recorder and back out of Play Games it will record anything on your screen.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6274965?hl=en

24. roumenf

roumenf

So far it means this: https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/unity/getting-started

25. Beloudest

Beloudest

I am getting crashes all the time on the S8. Totally unsure why, it's very random. Has anyone made a stable ARCore app run s8?

26. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

I spent all day trying to deploy the ARCore demo project onto a Pixel phone and I just keep getting deployment errors.

Here's what I've installed:
    • Unity 2017.2.0b11 (I've also tried 2017.3.0b2 with no luck)
    • Android 7.0 API 24 Revision 2
    • Android SDK Build-Tools 26.0.2
    • Android SDK Platform-Tools 26.0.0
    • Android SDK Tools 26.1.1
    • Java SE Development Kit 9 (JDK and JRE)
    When I hit "Build and Run" I immediately get an error saying:
    "Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android SDK path is correct. See the Console for more details. See the Console for details."​
    This is a very common Android deployment issue that's been affecting me and several other users for most of the 2017 calendar year. Full details on this issue here:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/answers/1326427/view.html

I've tried deploying with an "empty" Unity project as well and I get the same issue. The workaround that I've been using all these months involves downgrading to earlier versions of the Android SDK but that doesn't work here because, we have to use API 24 or higher in order to use ARCore.

Now, I've also tried downgrading just the /tools/ folder of the Android SDK to Android SDK Tools 25.2.5. Unfortunately that build fails towards the end of the build process with the following error:
    "Failed to build apk. See the Console for details"​
    I get four errors in the console:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to build apk.
    2. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="Z:/AndroidSDK\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity 2017.2.0b11\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -
    4. stderr[
    5. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    6.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    7.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    8.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    9.     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
    10.     at SDKMain.main(SDKMain.java:130)
    11. Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Encoder
    12.     at com.android.sdklib.internal.build.SignedJarBuilder.<init>(SignedJarBuilder.java:177)
    13.     at com.android.sdklib.build.ApkBuilder.init(ApkBuilder.java:446)
    14.     at com.android.sdklib.build.ApkBuilder.<init>(ApkBuilder.java:422)
    15.     at com.android.sdklib.build.ApkBuilder.<init>(ApkBuilder.java:362)
    16.     at UnityApkBuilder.<init>(UnityApkBuilder.java:214)
    17.     at UnityApkBuilder.main(UnityApkBuilder.java:34)
    18.     ... 5 more
    19. Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder
    20.     at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:466)
    21.     at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:563)
    22.     at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
    23.     ... 11 more
    24. ]
    25. stdout[
    27. ]
    28. exit code: 1
    29. UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    30. UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    31. UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    32. UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandSafe (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    33. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. Error building Player: 2 errors
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    2.   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00207] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:172
    3.   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    I copied this error from the "empty" Unity project (it has one scene with a camera and a cube), but I believe the ARCore demo project has the same error message as well.

I've tried creating a Unity Answers topic for this problem but I am currently being blocked by an authentication bug that is preventing me and multiple other users from signing into answers.unity3d.com. This serious bug has also been around for months and months, which I reported here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unable-to-properly-login-into-answers.483564/#post-3236188

I see a lot of posts on here from people who successfully managed to get ARCore working. Did anyone run into any problems like this?

Edit: I'm on Windows 10

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    yashk1 likes this.
  27. gregorypierce

gregorypierce

I'm having all sorts of issues with 2017.3.0b2 on OSX. It is throwing all sorts of interesting errors.

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.XR.Tango.NativeImage' from assembly 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo.GetMethodInfo (IntPtr handle) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:59)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo.GetAttributes (IntPtr handle) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:75)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.get_Attributes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:245)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.get_IsSpecialName () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:184)
    UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks (BuildCallbacks findFlags) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildPipelineInterfaces.cs:191)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

28. gregorypierce

gregorypierce

Downgrading everything to 2017.2.f1 seems to have resolved all my problems. Everything in 2017.3.xxx release branch won't even build.

roumenf likes this.
  29. dentringer

dentringer

There doesn't seem to be anything about this in previous posts

Does someone know how to solve this issue?

Have already tried re-pushing the arcore_service.apk onto the device.

30. thegapplab

thegapplab

So I am using uBluetooth BLE. The link is here : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/26214. One work around that I have found is to build a scene first only with the Bluetooth plugin enabled. Then build another scene with ARcore and the bluetooth plugin with the Tango supported option enabled.

31. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

I solved my problem. I was using JDK 9.0 but downgrading the latest version of JDK 8 fixed it. Specifically I'm using JDK 8u144. I don't think Unity is compatible with JDK 9.0 at all.

Maybe it should be mentioned somewhere in the documentation. Or better yet, have the editor detect when you're using an incompatible version of the JDK.

Also my fix does involve using a downgraded version of the /tools/ folder in the Android SDK.

roumenf likes this.
  32. nicoprofe

nicoprofe

Hi! Can I test my Arcore APK from Android Studio on my pc?

33. ramphulneillpartners

ramphulneillpartners

Hi Livio,

Would you kindly let me know link for the older version of tools for the Andoid SDK you are using?

As you rightly say-there are many forums posts of different older versions of tools that seem to work for some people and not other people.

Many thanks and any help will be much appreciated.

tim.

(Details of my problem:

I am using Unity SimpleMobilePlaceHolder asset to test build process as described un Unity Tutorial here.

Android SDK tools Version is one here (as part of studio). I re-installed everything 12 hours ago so it is up-to-date.

Unity was updated 12 hours ago to version 5.6.3p2

I have also tried replacing tools folder directory with older version of tools (see here for link to older version of tools for version) as per suggest fix on many posts during 2017.

Obviously I have double checked the paths are correct for JDK and SDK
    (C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Android\sdk and C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9).

I am running everything else on normal hardware, Windows 10. Target platform will be Android Marshmallow Galaxy S8)

34. ramphulneillpartners

ramphulneillpartners

This has finally worked for me after reinstalling multiple times and wasting last 8 hours of my life!

Unity 5.6.2f1
    Windows 10
    Java SE 8u144 (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html)
    Android 7.0 API 24 Revision 2
    Android SDK Build-Tools 26.0.2
    Android SDK Platform-Tools 26.0.0
    Android SDK Tools 26.1.1

Yes - it seems later editions of Java not recognised by later editions of Unity.

Time for a drink :)

35. luisforque

luisforque

you managed to get ARCore working in Unity 5.6?!?

36. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

ramphulneillpartners (and anyone else who might need this), I think I'm using /tools/ folder from version version 25.2.5. A few months ago I got tired of running into this problem on every machine I have so I saved a copy of the "good" /tools/ folder to my dropbox, and that's what I use. I'm pretty sure I was copying the version in this Unity Answers thread.

37. Siluxo123

Siluxo123

Hey guys

I just got the test app from Google finally build and running with just a small "problem" (as usual)

The app builds and is transferred to my phone (Goole XL) all seems fine and when the app starts it just shows a blue screen and the message "searching for surfaces"

Now, I know that some had similar issues with "searching for surfaces" but the difference now is that it seems that the camera doesn't open or activate.
    It didn't even ask me for permission to use the camera like when you usually install apps (permission to use this and that etc.)

So do I have to change something to get the camera done? And if yes, what needs to be changed?
    (And no I just imported the arcore package, clicked on the test scene added to the build, did what says in the tutorial like arcore support on multithreading off etc. and build the app. Aside from that, I did not change a thing).

Edit:
    Ok, I solved it myself.
    I had to tap on the app which unity made and hold it a couple seconds to open the menu for the app and I had to manually give camera permission for the app.
    After this, the camera worked together with the app (finally).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  38. gregorypierce

gregorypierce

Wonder if ARCore will work on the newly released Chrombooks.

39. liortal

liortal

Is there any demo that can help me getting started with ARCore ?

40. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

41. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

I looked at the previous posts and don't really see any solution. Did anyone come up with one?

42. cningoo

cningoo

Hi guys,

So far the AR Core works fine. But I have some queries regarding it:

1) Can we create a multiplayer game using ARCore?
    2) Can we use 2 ARCore camera in one scene/ Do we use 1 ARCore Camera and 1 Unity Camera ?
    3) When we try to turn on the camera at a trigger, the camera doesn't work as expected. It doesn't show the Camera Feed. When we try to access the ARCore scene from another scene we face the same issue.

If anyone has any solution for this than please let us know.

43. Beloudest

Beloudest

ARCore Remote. Any ETA, my life is wasting away? :)

44. harperAtustwo

harperAtustwo

Hey I just checked over all the previous posts and I have not been able to find the solution to this problem. I tried different versions of Unity, I have tried this on a Windows and Mac. I feel like I am missing something.

More details here https://forum.unity.com/threads/dllnotfoundexception-when-i-hit-play.500466/

Any solution would be appreciated.

45. Kesaria

Kesaria

Currently ARCore is not supported in Editor's Play Mode. You have to create an apk and test it on a AR Core supported Devices.

Link to see which devices are supported : https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/

Hope this helps.

46. roumenf

roumenf

@timmunity are you aware that enabling 'ARCore Supported' (Unity 2017.2.0f3) prevents asking for permission regarding the location service on device? Any workaround suggestion?

47. harperAtustwo

harperAtustwo

This actually did help. I was using a pixel phone so I thought the device was ok but the app kept crashing on the device. Because I got the log in the editor, I figured that it was the source of the crash and I got obsessed with the dlls. Turns out that me assuming that they were the same crash was my mistake. I did not install the arcore-preview.apk correctly on the phone using adb. Not being able to run it in editor sucks but now I can get things to work with is sweet!

Thank you.

Kesaria likes this.
  48. andrzej_

andrzej_

49. BlackPete

BlackPete

I'm using the current release version of 2017.2.0f3, and trying to get the HelloAR application to work. However, I just see a blue screen with "Searching for surfaces" on the bottom.

I see that this issue was described earlier on in this thread and that the suggested workaround was to downgrade Unity to 2017.2.b9.

Is that still the case? I was hoping that a release version of 2017.2 would work....? Has anyone else gotten HelloAR working with 2017.2.f3, and if so, maybe it's just me and my Pixel XL.

Looking at the log out put, it seems to be spamming the same error over and over:

Code (csharp):
    2. dinateFramePair, tango_common::Pose*): Failed to query a pose.
    3. 10-19 17:43:53.832 12172 12187 W System.err: com.google.atap.tangoservice.TangoErrorException
    4. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.google.atap.tangoservice.Tango.throwTangoExceptionIfNeeded(Tango.java:1533)
    5. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.google.atap.tangoservice.Tango.getPoseAtTime(Tango.java:874)
    6. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    7. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.c(Unknown Source:0)
    8. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:151)
    9. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:101)
    10. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    11. 10-19 17:43:53.833 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c.run(Unknown Source:20)
    12. 10-19 17:43:53.849 21501 21558 E tango   : java_service_entrypoint.cc:299 TangoErrorType getPoseAtTime(double, TangoCoordinateFramePair, tango_common::Pose*): Failed to query a pose.
    13. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err: com.google.atap.tangoservice.TangoErrorException
    14. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.google.atap.tangoservice.Tango.throwTangoExceptionIfNeeded(Tango.java:1533)
    15. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.google.atap.tangoservice.Tango.getPoseAtTime(Tango.java:874)
    16. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    17. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.c(Unknown Source:0)
    18. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:151)
    19. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:101)
    20. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    21. 10-19 17:43:53.849 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c.run(Unknown Source:20)
    22. 10-19 17:43:53.866 21501 21558 E tango   : java_service_entrypoint.cc:299 TangoErrorType getPoseAtTime(double, TangoCoordinateFramePair, tango_common::Pose*): Failed to query a pose.
    23. 10-19 17:43:53.866 12172 12187 W System.err: com.google.atap.tangoservice.TangoErrorException
    24. 10-19 17:43:53.866 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.google.atap.tangoservice.Tango.throwTangoExceptionIfNeeded(Tango.java:1533)
    25. 10-19 17:43:53.866 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.google.atap.tangoservice.Tango.getPoseAtTime(Tango.java:874)
    26. 10-19 17:43:53.866 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    27. 10-19 17:43:53.867 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.c(Unknown Source:0)
    28. 10-19 17:43:53.867 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:151)
    29. 10-19 17:43:53.867 12172 12187 W System.err:    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:101)
    30. 10-19 17:43:53.867 12172 12187 W System.err:    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    31. 10-19 17:43:53.867 12172 12187 W System.err:    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$c.run(Unknown Source:20)
    EDIT:

Looks like @Siluxo123 hit the nail on the head. In my case, I had to manually grant the app permission to use the camera.

Now HelloAR works using Unity 2017.2.0f3 on my Pixel XL!

Full specs for anyone who needs it:

JDK: 8u152
    Android SDK Build tools: 26.0.2
    Android SDK Platform tools: 26.0.1
    Android SDK Platform: 26
    Android SDK Tools: 26.1.1

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  50. ddussault

ddussault

Is there any plan to support a minimum API level lower than 24 so we can make the AR feature optional in our app?

If yes, do you have an ETA?