Search Unity

Interview for Unity Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RDoolittle90, Dec 2, 2021.

1. RDoolittle90

RDoolittle90

Good Morning Unity users,

I am currently enrolled in a Unity course at my university (I am majoring in Computer Science and Engineering) and we are doing a project that entails gathering information about current positions that use Unity in the workforce. If anyone would be willing to answer a few questions I'd be grateful:

Company you work for:

How long you've been there:

How long have you been using Unity:

Unity challenges you've faced:

Compared to other gaming development platforms, how does Unity outrank the others?:

What kind of minimal tech requirements do you prefer for quality game development?:

Thank you!

Let me clarify: we need a one on one interview and I would be happy to email the questions to someone who would be willing to take the time. If any of the above questions offend you or you prefer not to answer a specific question, that is also fine just let me know and I can leave it out in the email.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hi.
    First, why don't you create proper poll.
    There are various sites, which can help you gather informations, in meaningful way.
    Many developers work in many companies, self employed or just hobbiests.
    Therefore, you data will be skewed, the way you formulated the question.
    Most of answers you could get by spending few min searching a web.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Please make this in a format that doesn't require our answers to be public.

Also some of the questions are leading AF.

Antypodish likes this.
  4. RDoolittle90

RDoolittle90

I didn't create the questions and I can certainly email them to someone if they would be actually willing to take the time. I'm also told we cannot use a poll feature. Our professor wants a specific one on one interview, either email or zoom if possible.

5. mgear

mgear

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

You can e-mail them to me at contact@kickback-studios.com just be warned that I think the world is a worse place with Unity in it and you have a question about how great Unity is.

Also the last question makes no sense “minimal tech requirements” of what? What are we talking about?

7. RDoolittle90

RDoolittle90

Interesting input! I'd like to hear more. I will email you the full questions in the next hour. I really appreciate your time. I think she means just minimum tech requirements like hardware (graphics card, CPU, RAM etc.)

8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The question still doesn't make any sense. Who would "prefer" minimum tech requirements to exclude any hardware at all? Who would "prefer" to not have the most expensive and high performance hardware to use as possible?

I'd "prefer" that Unity puts out a Raspberry Pi version of the Unity Editor just because it might be interesting, and I'd "prefer" that I did my game dev on a monster of a machine with a petabyte of storage, a terabyte of RAM, and 4 RTX 3090's installed, just like I'd "prefer" to have driven to work this morning in a McLaren F1. What people "prefer" though is pretty irrelevant, because preferences give way to reality.

BennyTan and NotaNaN like this.
  9. BennyTan

BennyTan

What you are doing is an open ended survey, not an interview. If you want to do an interview, you need to actually speak with a participant and explore the topic from there. Google qualitative techniques.

Antypodish likes this.
  10. Antypodish

Antypodish

To be honest, this is really bad, if University ask you to do it in such way.
    Ask yourself following:

What kind of measurable data you will get, wihouth proper poll?

How many devs who value their time, and get pay, will want to spend one to one free chit chat, with random person?

And questions alone are formulated badly, from someone who apparently teaches at University?

Also, you need understand, that we got bunch of such requests every year from students. So to grab our attention, you need to bring some value and quality.

kittik likes this.