Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Interupt blend for a cut

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Radiago, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Radiago

Radiago

Hi, I'm having an issue where I have a fixed camera in a hallway that gets blended to over about 2 seconds, and I expected the player to spend a little time there before entering the next trigger where it basically screen-fades and cuts to another camera. But it's possible to rush through this section and turn on the cut-to camera while still blending to the fixed hallway camera.

Because I turn on the cut camera during a fade-to-black transition I don't mind if I halt all blending on the brain and straight up force it to my new camera, but I can't seem to find a built in way to interrupt or stop the current blend. Am I missing something? What would be the intended course of action in this scenario? Thanks in advance for any help here, Cinemachine is my absolute favorite.

2. Radiago

Radiago

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Have you tried disabling then re-enabling the brain to reset it, as a workaround?

4. Radiago

Radiago

I will try that, thanks!

5. Radiago

Radiago

That seems to work, thanks for the suggestion and the quick reply! Good work, hope it gets fixed in the next update!

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Already fixed, it will definitely be in the next update :)

7. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Hi, do we already have a fix for this?

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, it's in the latest CM preview release, available in the staging repository. It will become an official release once it gets the thumbs-up from QA.