Search Unity

InTerra ~ Terrain Features

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by IneffabilisArcanum, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Thall33

Thall33

Yo, any chance of HDRP version this or next month?

2. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

If there will be no unusual problems, then I hope at the end of the next month :)

EDIT: But it will be available only from version 2021.2.0f1, just like URP

Ryan-Hayle and Thall33 like this.
  3. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

I'd let the Pc work for a while and it worked. Now building time is reasonable again. Thanks a lot for support and for the explanation.

4. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

You’re welcome, and best luck with your project!

5. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Update 2.1.0 is now available!

Added
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping
    Added Color Tint Terrain Texture
    Changed The Shader Model from 3.0 to 3.5 for Object into Terrain Standard shader
    (If it is a problem for you do not hesitate to contact me)

Note:
    Because the new Keywords were added, the Shader Variant Limit for URP was increased to 1152!

6. Thall33

Thall33

Outstanding work! Can't wait!

IneffabilisArcanum likes this.
  7. Thall33

Thall33

How's that sexy HDRP package going?

8. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

It looks good, I'm just finishing some testing and planning to upload this week :)

Thall33 likes this.
  9. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

I just uploaded the 3.0.0 update with HDRP compatibility and I guess Unity will approve it at the beginning of next week...

Quique-Martinez likes this.
  10. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Update 3.0.0 is now available!

Added HDRP compatibility
    Fixed bug with Smoothness in URP and on Triplanar mapping for One Layer in Built-in

Seems like Unity was pretty quick this time and it is already on store :)

Ryan-Hayle and Thall33 like this.
  11. MuntyMcFly

MuntyMcFly

Will this work on webgl? Does it need compute shading?

12. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Hi,
    Built-in and URP version works fine on WebGL, HDRP not since HDRP do not support WebGL. There are no compute shaders.

MuntyMcFly likes this.
  13. Thall33

Thall33

upload_2022-4-3_18-53-30.png

HDRP - Something weird going on with the terrain in the demo scene for me.

14. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Didn’t you put some texture into "Color Tint Texture" in the Terrain shader setting.... ?

15. Thall33

Thall33

No this is a fresh import, haven't touched anything.

16. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Ok... but it definitely looks like some texture is there... could you look at it?
    (cannot imagine how it would got there though)

17. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

Hi, is it possible to achieve wet part specular? (credit https://ambientcg.com/)
    I tried, but I don't know if I have to manipulate the mask.
    upload_2022-4-4_12-11-16.png

18. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

Somehow found a solution by inverting the alpha channel. I don't know if it is correct:
    upload_2022-4-4_12-53-18.png

19. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

It is correct… some set of textures hasn't Smoothness map and has Roughness instead and Roughness is just inverted Smoothness.

I just tried it in HDRP with parallax... :)

snad.png

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Quique-Martinez likes this.
  20. MuntyMcFly

MuntyMcFly

I just had something similar to this happen, I'm not positive what caused it but it seemed to happen when I resized my terrain. I'll try to recreate it, using unity 2021.2.14f1 and hdrp (current system) if that helps.

21. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

I would really like to fix it, but it doesn't seem to be possible to reproduce it so far.. are there any errors?
    In URP there is sometimes a problem that Unity does not import it properly (which is causing some mess with shaders Keywords) and then reimporting the "Shaders" folder helps, so I wonder if it would help with this too... (right click the HDRP/Shaders folder and click on Reimport)

MuntyMcFly likes this.
  22. Thall33

Thall33

I created a new material and there isn't those artifacts, swapped the demo one in and out and its still artifacting. Yeah I did all the typical stuff like new projects and reimports ect. Just something up for me with that demo mat, I didn't try on another unity version though. I'm on 2021.2.17

Anyway all good if it's created new, thanks also for putting out the HDRP version, been after one of this quality for years.

I do wish the mask maps did work with the HDRP channels, but really appreciate the mask map maker! Cheers!

23. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Thanks for letting me know.
    Good to know it is just a material problem and not the shader.

I tried it in 2021.2.17 but everything was fine...

MuntyMcFly and Thall33 like this.
  24. WillowWorkshop

WillowWorkshop

Hello!
    Thanks again for developing such a good asset!
    I have a question. is your assets or will be able to be compatible with Atlas next gen terrain to have the ability to blend the props with the terrain.
    Thank you for taking the time to read me.

25. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Hi!
    If the Atlas is using Unity Terrain and the Standard or Lit shaders there should not be a problem to switch it to InTerra shaders and the blending should work fine.
    But sadly I do not have any experience with Atlas, I just briefly looked at the Asset info right now.

WillowWorkshop likes this.
  26. WillowWorkshop

WillowWorkshop

Hello!
    thanks for answering!
    Indeed, Terrain shaders work well with Atlas, but I have a problem with blending shaders that is pink and does not work.
    I'll post the error code here:

Asset import failed, "Assets/InTerra/HRDP/Shaders/Object into Terrain Integration.shadergraph" > NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Rendering.HighDefinition.ShaderGraph.HDSubTarget.GetMetadataObject (UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.GraphDataReadOnly graph) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.6/Editor/Material/ShaderGraph/HDSubTarget.cs:75)
    UnityEditor.Rendering.HighDefinition.ShaderGraph.HDTarget.GetMetadataObject (UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.GraphDataReadOnly graph) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.6/Editor/Material/ShaderGraph/HDTarget.cs:249)
    UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.ShaderGraphImporter.OnImportAsset (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.shadergraph@12.1.6/Editor/Importers/ShaderGraphImporter.cs:209)
    UnityEditor.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter.GenerateAssetData (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at <1135c66e5f4c41a7831fa5798849d8b6>:0)

Do you have a solution for me?
    To try to fix the error, I reimported the package, uninstalled, reinstalled, but unfortunately nothing works.
    Thanks in advance!

27. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

This error never happened to me... which version of Unity are you using?
    It is also very important to set the Shader Variant Limit (in Edit/Preferences/Shader Graph) to at least to 1538.

(also, it is far better to uncheck the Built-in folder, if you are importing in to the HDRP, it is far quicker then)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  28. YamenBayer

YamenBayer

Hello, I'm getting this result (Rock6 does not give any result, As for another rock, it just disappears).
    I'm using Unity 2021.3.2f1 HDRP, Set my Shader Graph to 1538.
    Could you please help?

Attached Files:

• q.PNG
      q.PNG
      File size:
      932.5 KB
      Views:
  29. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Hi!
    It looks like the rock material has the "Terrain (Lit with Features)" shader instead of "Object into Terrain Integration" shader.
    The "Terrain (Lit with Features)" shader is designed to be used only for Terrain Material.

30. YamenBayer

YamenBayer

About that, I didn't find the shader in the menu, so i opened the shader graph and generate the shader, works but got this error:
    ArgumentException: Could not find MaterialProperty: '_MainTex', Num properties: 183
    UnityEditor.ShaderGUI.FindProperty (System.String propertyName, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] properties, System.Boolean propertyIsMandatory) (at <a017e354f3154926a5617fbac3a64fcc>:0)
    UnityEditor.ShaderGUI.FindProperty (System.String propertyName, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] properties) (at <a017e354f3154926a5617fbac3a64fcc>:0)
    InTerra.InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI.FindProperty (System.String name) (at Assets/InTerra/Scripts/Editor/InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI.cs:753)
    InTerra.InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI.<OnGUI>g__TextureSingleLine|14_2 (System.String property1, System.String property2, System.String label, System.String tooltip, InTerra.InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI+<>c__DisplayClass14_0& ) (at Assets/InTerra/Scripts/Editor/InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI.cs:695)
    InTerra.InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI.OnGUI (UnityEditor.MaterialEditor materialEditor, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] properties) (at Assets/InTerra/Scripts/Editor/InTerra_ObjectShaderGUI.cs:99)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesGUI () (at <a017e354f3154926a5617fbac3a64fcc>:0)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at <a017e354f3154926a5617fbac3a64fcc>:0)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <5cf6bb2c14f1476f9cd6b153e70ca8b2>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

31. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Unity sometimes does not import the shaders properly... so maybe try to right click the HDRP/Shaders folder and click on Reimport.
    If it will not help, then let me know which version of Unity are you using so I could look at it closer....

32. YamenBayer

YamenBayer

It works, Thanks.

IneffabilisArcanum likes this.
  33. Marked

Marked

Hi! I have weird bug where I can't open the layers setting of the terrain shader as well the tint. I'm on Unity 2021.3.1f1 Hdrp.
    The Layers Settings won't drop down, same problem in the demo scene that is provided.

edit: tried to reimport all the shader etc and set the shader variant limit to 1500+.
    The paralax is working in the demo scene but I just can't change the settings of it.

upload_2022-5-14_19-10-24.png

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  34. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Hi,
    It is working fine for me in Unity 2021.3.1f1... but I noticed that in some versions of Unity you have to click on the text and in some on the arrow (in 2021.3.1f1).
    I hope it is just this...
    --------
    Edit: As I looked at it closer I found out the value of "toggleOnLabelClick" is now default and so I will change that for the next update.

Marked likes this.
  35. Marked

Marked

Just tried it and it the same, will try to start a new clean project.
    paralax.gif
    edit: Started a new clean project with only InTerra and got the same problem. Very strange that it only happens on my end.

36. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Well, on my side, the Unity 2021.3.1f1 is missing the the HDRP template when I want to create new project (just like mentioned here https://forum.unity.com/threads/urp-and-hdrp-templates-missing-in-2021-2-0f1.1191595/), so I had to add the HDRP after I started it as Built-in, but I cannot imagine it would be the problem since the cs files are the same for all pipelines... but who knows, maybe there is something not quite right with 2021.3.1f1...

Anyway, are there any errors?

I did a little change in the file "InTerra_TerrainShaderGUI.cs" so the Layers Setting does not need to be unfold so I will send it to you via PM.

37. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Also, the thing can happen in case there is no Layer on the Terrain or if the Terrain is not selected when you are editing the Material (because there can be multiple Terrains in the scene and so the one you want to edit needs to be selected).

Marked likes this.
  38. Marked

Marked

ahh Okay got it! I was always selecting the material when changing the values. But if I lock the Inspector on the Material and click on the Terrain I can see the Layers.

I'm really happy with the Asset, it's fast, easy and got really good set of features. Thank you for making it!

39. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Good to know it was just this :)

By the way, when you select the Terrain, the Material editing is accessible via "Paint Terrain" and then the “Paint Texture” (It is in the Documentation, but it is truth that I did not realized the need to mention that the Terrain needs to be selected if you want to edit Layers, sorry about that)

I'm glad you like it! (and some review on store would be really appreciated :) )

upload_2022-5-14_22-51-32.png

40. g_sabiniok

g_sabiniok

Hi, I recently bought your asset and it's not working (the scene is all pink). It looks like in package does not include urp shaders. I use unity 2020.3.18. plugin version 3.1.0. upload_2022-6-23_16-1-23.png

41. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Hi,
    The URP and HDRP shaders are only in package version for Unity 2021.2.0f1 or higher, as you can see in the InTerra Asset description https://u3d.as/2yV9 in Render pipeline compatibility (it is also stated in the description),
    I'm sorry the misunderstanding happened.

MuntyMcFly likes this.
  42. g_sabiniok

g_sabiniok

Thanks for the answer. I'm probably blind :)

43. ksam2

ksam2

I have two questions.
    1- Does it work with CTS?
    2- Does it work on consoles like Xbox series x?

44. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Sadly, it doesn't work with CTS.
    Not sure about the Xbox, it was not tested on it and I cannot guarantee everything will work without problems.

45. Kazeon

Kazeon

Will you add support for unity 2020 HDRP in the future?

46. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Sadly no, it is because without the Custom Interpolator in Shader Graph (available from 2021.2) some functions cannot work properly.

47. cottbus99

cottbus99

Hey :)
    Just a quick question. Are you planning to add Tesselation to the feature list? Our team is looking for an alternative for Microsplat. ^^

48. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

Hi,
    I've been thinking about adding tessellation for quite a while... but I still need to do some further research and still not 100% sure. I guess I will decide this autumn.

49. bordat

bordat

Does it work on metaquest 2?
    thanks

50. IneffabilisArcanum

IneffabilisArcanum

I guess there should not be a problem with it, although for now I tested only the Built-in shaders (on Oculus Rift S).