Search Unity

Internship: First time really working with animated GUI

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CrashKonijn, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CrashKonijn

CrashKonijn

Hallo,

I'm currently working on a project at my internship and although I can't give you any details about the project itself atm I wanted to show you guys the GUI I've been working on. Its really the first time I've been working with GUI and I find it difficult to make a nice moving GUI... But I'm actually happy with the results so far :)

If anyone has some tips/comment on the feel of the GUI so far I would appreciate it :)

Peter

ps. I'm still not quite sure how to animate the options where you can select things... Does anyone have a good idea?

http://crashkonijn.com/unity/Internship/Build02/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

2. softrare

softrare

Very nice. Will you maybe put it on the Asset Store (the animated menus)?

3. CrashKonijn

CrashKonijn

Hmmm I don't think you could do anything with it, I really hardcoded it so they are perfect for this project only... But mayby ill write some plugin for it to make it easier to create animated menu's in the future. But its basicly something like this:

Code (csharp):
    2. var btnYAnimation : float;
    4. if (GUI.Button(Rect((x Pos calculation),(y Pos calculation) + btnYAnimation,40,40),"Btn")) {
    6. }
    8. /// use itween to animate btnYAnimation :)

4. softrare

softrare

Well if you find the time to write a more generic plugin that would be very cool I guess :) Thanks for sharing this.