Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal error. Persistent object is known in persistent manager

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by KnuckleCracker, Dec 27, 2011.

1. KnuckleCracker

KnuckleCracker

I'm getting this error in the 3.5 developer preview:
    "Internal error. Persistent object is known in persistent manager"
    It says Error in file:
    .../Runtime/Misc/GarbageCollectSharedAssets.cpp at line: 228

My app runs, but this message shows up in the Unity console window and at the bottom of the Unity main window.

What on earth does this error even mean?

2. bigdaddio

bigdaddio

I am also getting this error. I am using 2D toolkit and did not have it until I made a change and re-built my sprites. It doesn't sem to be causing any issues however it is apparently some sort of error.

3. shinriyo_twitter

shinriyo_twitter

I also met the same error message when I used ex2d.
    I just rebooted.

4. greay

greay

count me in too! just getting my feet wet w/ex2D and I'm seeing this a whole bunch.

5. diese440

diese440

Same problem here "Internal error. Persistent object is known in persistent manager" with 3.5 preview.

My app runs, but this message shows up 3-5 times in the Unity console window when running my project (at start) at a lot of time when loading/running a new level
    This apparently happens BEFORE all actions (i have a script on AWAKE - Debug.Log("hello") - and it prints "Hello" AFTER the errors...).

6. Incarnadine

Incarnadine

I think a toolkit update was posted that fixes this, but these are due to some changes in Unity 3.5. You can update the tk2d source to fix them if there isn't an update out. The 2 main issues were:

1. Files can't begin with a "." so you need to change tk2d to generate its index as "tk2d.asset" instead of ".tk2d.asset". Unity kept deleting this index in the background causing messages like above.

2. If you're switching to text-based resources, the serializer introduces a new "guid" field that conflicts with the one in tk2d, so you also need to rename tk2d's "guid" variable to "dataGuid".

7. diese440

diese440

No more warnings with U3.5RC1 (3.5.0f1) at first run of my project (running in Editor). But warnings displayed again after stop running. To avoid this i have to quit Unity and restart it -> first run no warning, stop running=> warning etc... Not perfect but better. It seems to be a problem with the GarbageCollectSharedAsset.cpp (line 228).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. diese440

diese440

Hello again dev team,

Now, i know where is the problem. In my project, i load each new level as AssetBundle (b'cause they are AssetBundle...).
    Before loading a new level (and in order to clean the memory) i unload the previous Bundle (if exists...) with this : assetBundle.Unload (false).
    This works perfectly with U3.4 and before.

In U3.5 (b6 RC1) i always get warnings (see previous post). Well, now, if i remove "assetBundle.Unload (false)" from my code => no warnings ! Ok seems good news but it can't work like this. I need to unload unused Bundle...

Any idea ?

9. grimmy

grimmy

Since 3.5 full release I get this error every time I run or quit my game. I had no errors previously. I too am using assetBundle.Unload (false) at this point. I tried restarting Unity but I still get the error.

My game requires that the asset bundles are unloaded so what can I do?

BTW.. this is using the 3.5 full release in UnityPro

10. diese440

diese440

I Grimmy same here ... Still having the same errors with Unity Pro 3.5 full final release !!! It's a very big problem..

It seems to be a problem with the GarbageCollectSharedAsset.cpp (line 228).

Now we really need help...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  11. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug with repro steps and sample project. And post the case number here.

Chatting on the forum will not lead to a solution, filing a bug does.
    Thanks.

12. lvalentine

lvalentine

Since this seems to be an editor only bug, I am currently working around it by using:

Code (csharp):
    2. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    3.     UnityEditor.EditorApplication.OpenSceneAdditive(pathToScene);
    4. #else
    5.    // normal asset bundle and level loading ...
    6. #endif

13. grimmy

grimmy

Bug submitted. Case 443868.

Ivaltine, that workaround is unfortunately no help to me as I am not loading scenes.

14. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Any new on this? Someone knows is there a way to review case state?

15. diese440

diese440

16. jimmyg

jimmyg

Is there any documentation or explanation what is happening in Loading.LockPersistentManager() ?

For us this function is blocking for 1000+ ms spikes in the profiler in between level loading. Any suggestions ?

17. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Are you using LoadLevelAsync?

Also when profiling please use the standalone player. Especially level loading in the editor has quite different performance characteristics compared to on device.

18. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

The error message is harmless and happens only in the editor. It will be fixed in 3.5.1.

19. jimmyg

jimmyg

Yes I'm using LoadLevelAsync but it doesn't seem to function like an Async should. Even in a standalone player or other target there is major stalling blocking from the loading functions.

I need to be able to async stream in 80-100MB resources files from AssetBundles to memory as the game is running then initialize them when I need them.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012