Search Unity

Internal Compiler Error: CS0016

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by biggsthecat, Nov 1, 2013.

1. biggsthecat

biggsthecat

Hey, I've been trying to make a few of my own games recently but am still very much not used to it. I was having problems getting a board grid to compile in the game view and after trying to reimport all, it started giving me a lot of errors.

Internal Compiler Error: CS0016 Could not write to file temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll. Access to path denied.

Any pointers on how to fix this?

I was also having problems importing assets just before this error started haunting me. It'd download, but when I tried to decompress it, it would output an error message at the bottom of the screen saying that it can't decompress. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Windows or Mac?

It sounds like you have a permissions problem with your folders.

3. biggsthecat

biggsthecat

I'm using Windows XP.

Any suggestions on how I change the permissions for the folders so I don't get this problem?

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Unplug your machine from the internet, then turn of your AV software. Then try the build again. I'm guessing that your AV software is jumping on the all as it is created and stopping Unity from writing to the file. You may need to white list the folders where your Unity projects live. Or, it could be something completely different. In which case reboot the machine and try again.

5. biggsthecat

biggsthecat

I tried turning off the internet and AV and it didn't do anything, but i'd read somewhere removing any webcam drivers can solve the problem and it's the only thing I can think of fixed it as Unity seems to be running fine now. Cheers for the advice