Search Unity

Bug Internal build system error on macOS 13.3

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Spaceman228409, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Spaceman228409

Spaceman228409

Hello! I've recently updated to macOS 13.3 on my intel-based mac, and have had trouble trying to open my project ever since. Every time I try to open the project, I get this error :
    "Internal build system error. BuildProgram exited with code 137."

I've been stuck for an hour trying to solve this. I've already tried:
    1. Restarting my laptop
    2. Reinstalling the Unity Editor
    3. Deleting the entire library

Even when I try to create a new project, I STILL get this error. Any suggestions?

HuyNH4, siddharth3322 and Voskovets like this.
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

3. Spaceman228409

Spaceman228409

I have tried some of the older ones, such as 2020 version, and even tried the newest 2021 version. Now the editor won't even open; it just crashes. Even when creating a new project, the bug reporter instantly opens. I've tried uninstalling about 20 times at this point, I've reached insanity. Should I reinstall my OS, the unity hub, anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated (sorry for the slow reply. It's been a week).

4. MattStazza

MattStazza

Did you end up fixing this issue? I've recently updated my old MacMini 2011 to run Ventura (macOS 13.3) and installed Unity 2021.3.8. Getting the exact same error every time I try open my project.

HuyNH4 likes this.
  5. MattStazza

MattStazza

Furthermore, my Mac has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB card. Looking at Unity's system requirements it appears this version of Unity needs a graphics card that supports 'metal'. I fear my 3000 card does not. What graphics card do you have?

6. StupidPlusPlus

StupidPlusPlus

I'm experiencing this same issue. I'm running Unity 2021.2.7f1 on a late 2012 MacMini and MacOS Ventura 13.3.1.
    My GPU's an Intel HD Graphics 4000 although I'm pretty confident that shouldn't impact script compilation.

Anyone figure this one out yet?

7. DnosHubz

DnosHubz

Same issue here. Macbook Pro 2012 on Ventura 13.3.

8. newtquestgames

newtquestgames

Same problem here Unity 2021.3.24. I upgraded my late 2014 mac mini to ventura 13.3.1 and haven't been able to use Unity since. Even a new 3d project fails to open because of this error.

Please help

If it makes a difference I used opencore legacy patcher to upgrade my mac. Is this what everyone else here has done? Or does anyone have this problem on a fully apple/ventura supported mac?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  9. newtquestgames

newtquestgames

I upgraded my game to Unity 2022.2.17 and it built and deployed to iPhone ok. There are some slight problems with some of the object positions but I think that's related to physics changes and I think I'll be able to fix easily.

10. TylerJay-B

TylerJay-B

Have you managed to fix this?

11. franfox

franfox

Hi there! Same problem when creating new projects with my open-core-legacy-patcher-upgraded iMac late 2012 with Ventura 13.3.1 installed but working fine with mi also patched Macbook Air 2015 :S

I'm planing to restore my iMac to early version of Ventura or even Monterrey because I'm also facing other problems with XCode and iOS Simulators.

12. franfox

franfox

Just inform that updating the OS to Ventura 13.4 doesn't solve the problem.

I've tried to downgrade to Ventura 13.2.1 and restore the Time Machine backup and seems to work but I needed to download the unity project from repository because opening the restored copy was throwing the previous error.

Now I'm facing to another problems no related to Unity as the permissions access for camera and microphone, etc...

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  13. Voskovets

Voskovets

Updated MacMini (2014) to Ventura 13.3.1. Have the same issue. Unity 2021.3.25f

14. franfox

franfox

To address this problem, I resolved it by following these steps: I installed Ventura 13.2.1 and then restored from a backup created with Ventura 13.4. During the backup transfer, I specifically chose not to upgrade.

If you require Ventura for a particular purpose (such as publishing on the App Store with XCode 14, as was my case), you can proceed with it. However, be aware that you may encounter other issues, such as the accessibility permissions problem, which can be resolved with this script. An other minor ones.

If you don't have a specific need for Ventura, I recommend sticking with previous versions. In my experience, Big Sur was extremely stable on my iMac late 2012 and performed much better compared to Ventura but you can try with Monterrey.

Voskovets likes this.
  15. rickygai

rickygai

Same here, upgraded MacMini Late 2012 to Ventura 13.4, Unity Editor 2021.3.26f1. Even I created a new 3D URP Core project and compile for MacOS and iOS directly, resulting in errors:

Internal build system error. BuildProgram exited with code 137.

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors.

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 2 seconds (2478 ms)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors

I doubted is this Unity Editor bug, as it is a new project created and directly compile without any custom scripts added.

Anyone here has successfully compile under MacOS Ventura using Unity 2021.3.x ?

16. sandbaydev

sandbaydev

Just a sidenote that I have Monterey and 2022.2.18 has no compile errors. I saw some similar reports earlier and that's why I didn't update to Ventura. Sorry to hear that these problems exist :/

17. rickygai

rickygai

Hi everybody, I used Unity 2022.2.21f1 instead under MacOS Ventura and is due to XCode path, now I am able to compile iOS and Mac application successfully, please check HERE.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  18. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

If any one has resolved this issue then please post within this thread.
    I have upgraded my project's unity version and its started giving me this error.
    build program exist with code 137.png

19. Caleeb

Caleeb

Its look like this is common problem for users, which install ventura on unsuported mac using OpenCore.
    I have solved this problem by installing macOS Monterey. After that I do steps from this video:
    . Then Unity 2021.3.27f1 works perfectly. You have to install xcode 14.2 (this is the lastest version supported by Monterey)