Search Unity

Interior vizualisation

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by kondrup, Mar 4, 2012.

1. kondrup

kondrup

Hi,

I made a small interior project (or architectural walk through if you like). It's still WIP but I don't have time to work on it for a while, so I might as well just show it now :)

It's a combination of interior design and a model portfolio (as I will soon be searching for a new job).

Extra things I would like to add in the future are creaking sound when door opens, music, tweaking of a few lightmaps, more rooms and maybe a character playing the piano.

Webplayer (6.5mb)
    http://www.coindrop.dk/interactive/interior/interior.html

* A few models are property of LoveMyHome where I currently work.
    * Some credit should go to Mikkel Due for the room with two windows -thanks.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. KarelA

KarelA

Wow this is really looking beautiful. What did you use for lightmaps. Vray? MR? Beast?

3. nofosu1

nofosu1

Looks amazing dude. The models and texture's look excellent, you are obviously a good modeller and interior designer ;-)

4. kondrup

kondrup

Thanks a lot guys :)

Lightmapping is done using Vray.

5. duke

duke

It would be interesting to see if you could get similar results with the built-in Beast lightmapping.

6. kondrup

kondrup

Yes indeed. Unfortunately I only have the free version of unity so I cannot test this fully.

My guess is no, but I have seen some impressive stuff done with beast so maybe :)

7. atomfreak

atomfreak

This means that you use the External lightmapping tool? Is everything fine with Unity 3 +.. They say that there is no more support!
    Great viz BTW :)

8. nullstar

nullstar

How do I equip my gun?

Just kidding. Looks really nice

9. kondrup

kondrup

Yes lightmapping is done externally using Vray and render-to-texture. And yes everything works just fine in unity but you have to use the "legacy shaders" - Weird why they would call them legacy when they give a better result, than what unity's beast have to offer... oh well.
    - and thanks.

@ Voidstar - Next version will be with physics and a Gatling gun, thanks ;)

10. Zurusona-Kitsune

Zurusona-Kitsune

What setup do you use in the "render to texture" window?
    I can never get it to look like the actual render.

11. kondrup

kondrup

Yeah, thats the hard part :) I still need to figure this out... since it is still pretty far from the render.

In the render to texture window I only adjust a few things: padding = 5, Map = Vraylightingmap, Size = 1024 for big parts and 512 or 256 for smaller parts.

12. Zurusona-Kitsune

Zurusona-Kitsune

thanks for the answer.
    I've tried many different Map system because it seems to be the one option that give different result but none of them seems to give the right result.

13. leovet

leovet

Great work! Amazing!

One question: Are you mapping object per object? Do you use a lightmap for each object or do you attach some elements to group them together?

Thanks!

14. kondrup

kondrup

Hi, sorry for the late reply

You hit the head on the nail with that question. How to group objects is almost a science in it self :)

Some objects with similar materials have been attached but most objects are not attached/grouped.
    I think groups should be kept in "small areas", so they get culled as soon as the camera is not facing them.

It also depends on how many tris an object have if I want to group it or not.
    The "spider lamp" is around 9k tris and therefore I would not like to group it with other objects.

15. realvisual

realvisual

Looks fantastic. GJ! It has a very nice light quality to it.

Check out FlatIron plugin for 3DSMax if you're doing a lot of Unwrapping. It's very good.

16. kondrup

kondrup

Thanks

Flatron looks interesting -thanks for the tip.