Search Unity

Question Interior design advice needed

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Clydey2Times, May 7, 2021.

1. Clydey2Times

Clydey2Times

Hey all. I'm designing a room for my game. It has two floors. Architecturally, I'm not sure it makes sense, though. Here are some screenshots.

stair_room1.png stair_room2.png stair_room3.png

I'm sure players won't pay *that* much attention to the architecture, but it's bugging me. Does the room require support beams? Should the base board extend to the wall overhanging the stairs (as it is in picture 1)?

Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

I think in this case, it is a matter of personal construction design choice, because looking at the pics, that whole part of the room, doesn't look too complex, to require either though.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  3. warthos3399

warthos3399

One thing that sticks out is the "double post" for the hand railings in pic 1. Thats not right... the rest looks great!

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

I've never seen a banister with spindles up against a wall like that. Usually if a staircase is between two walls, the banister is connected directly to one of the walls.

The spindles are normally on a side of the stairs with no walls, because in that case the spindles are needed hold-up the banister, but also they create a barrier that prevents someone from falling-off the side of the stairs.

Also, just imagine what a pain it would be to dust. :D

warthos3399 likes this.