Search Unity

Interested in Visual Scripting? Try GameFlow for a change...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas-Pasieka, May 17, 2017.

1. Ryiah

Ryiah

Building a dungeon generator with a visual language strikes me as an excellent way to go insane. I haven't tried any of the solutions on the asset store but at least one of them includes full source code. I would think you'd be better off buying an existing solution and modifying it than building it from scratch with a visual language.

2. Martin_H

Martin_H

Generally I fully agree, but it seems he only wants to make one to sell it on the assetstore because he thinks all the available ones are bad. In that case he can't base it off the code of an existing one, which he could do if it only was for his own game.

The notion of wanting to make a better pcg dungeon generator than commercially available, while also not wanting to write any code, strikes me as odd to say the least.

3. PolyMad

PolyMad

Get stroke as you want, you would drop your arms on the floor if you saw what I'm doing with Playmaker
    This said, I don't think creating a dungeon generator is so difficult. I already built a 3D maze generator in the past and that took me less than a week by coding.

Martin_H likes this.
  4. Martin_H

Martin_H

That's cool, show us!

5. PolyMad

PolyMad

Sorry... I really can't :-|
    But I'll save the link to this thread and post my dungeon generator when I publish.

Martin_H likes this.
  6. evasiongames

evasiongames

What do you mean by "a build of the thing"?

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

A build, an independent app that will generate the dungeon and save it as a file, at the moment I can't see any other solution.

8. evasiongames

evasiongames

All right. In that case I can confirm you that Unity won't accept it. From the Asset Store submission guidelines:

4.6 Applications
    4.6.a Until further notice, the Asset Store is not accepting any Applications. (For now all content on the Asset Store is required to operate within the Unity Editor and we are not taking third party tools/applications.

Martin_H likes this.
  9. PolyMad

PolyMad

Mhhh thank you for the info... I'll see if to do it just for fun then :(

10. Martin_H

Martin_H

I think you can still sell such an application, just not on the assetstore. You could maybe use itch.io? Or steam?

11. PolyMad

PolyMad

Ye, I was thinking about Steam and maybe some other specialized markets. Depends on the quality I will reach.

12. elodman

elodman

sorry if restarting this thread is inconvenient to anyone,
    but I cannot do this simple thing with the command "Set Text Property":

scoreText.text = "Score: " + score

it changes the whole scoreText.text (an UI text element) property to the integer value of score, without the string "Score: "

13. Murgilod

Murgilod

Have you tried setting a string's value to '"Score: " + score' and passing that instead?

Ryiah likes this.
  14. Ryiah

Ryiah

I don't have GameFlow and can't test anything myself, but at a glance through the reference I'm guessing you need to use either Add to String or Concatenate Strings to create the contents of the string and then pass it to Set Texture Property.

15. evasiongames

evasiongames

You can do it with "Score: ${Score}", GameFlow has expansion of variables. The only limitation is that your variable needs to be in the same GameObject:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 23.30.22.png

JoMaHo, Ryiah, elodman and 1 other person like this.
  16. elodman

elodman

Score: ${Score}

is the solution, thank you very much, Evasion Games.
    GameFlow
    seems to be very attractive & efficient, thank you for creating it!

---------------------
    "Score: " + score

and other tricks didn't work, I started my trial & error series with that

JoMaHo likes this.
  17. logansavas

logansavas

Hello there. I'm thinking of buying Gameflow. Can I add ads and make in-app purchases with Gameflow?

18. evasiongames

evasiongames

The current version of GameFlow does not include specific actions for adding ads or in-app purchases and these are not in my roadmap to be honest, but I would be happy to give those features some priority if enough people request it.

19. logansavas

logansavas

if not difficult, these features should definitely be added. These are the most important issues for mobile. I'm sorry for not having these features in such a powerful tool. If I wanted to add ads, I couldn't find a document to explain how to add them. I used playmaker and bolt. But Gameflow is the best visual scripting tool. If you add ads and in-app purchase features to Gameflow, we will very happy. I will buy tomorrow. But ı want learn how can i add ads to my mobile game..

20. evasiongames

evasiongames

We have updated the API docs in the GameFlow website, so please take a look for more information.
    I will consider adding those features in a future update. Thanks so much for your kind words and for your purchase.

JoMaHo likes this.
  21. evasiongames

evasiongames

GameFlow is now FREE.

Please read this thread for more information.

Havok_ZA and andreiagmu like this.
  22. iamthwee

iamthwee

Wow this sounds like a nice update. Good luck with your project.

Zypo, andreiagmu and JoMaHo like this.