Search Unity

Interest in Unity/Mac Guide for Windows Users?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MatthewW, Jan 18, 2007.

1. MatthewW

MatthewW

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this in, but here we are:

Would anyone like to see a detailed guide on how to use Unity/Mac as an extension of Windows-based development? For instance, I use Synergy to have the keyboard/mouse on my Windows box control my iMac, code C# for Unity with Visual Studio (including Intellisense support for built-in Unity classes as well as my own), edit assets on my Windows box, and so on.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm an abnormality among Unity users or if people would benefit from me regurgitating exactly how I set this all up.

2. pete

pete

this would be a great article for Thomas's magazine. see the announcements thread if you haven't already.

[edit: and a fine item to add to the wiki :) ]

3. StarManta

StarManta

That's a hell of a setup! Half of me wants to scream "Blasphemy!", but the other half of me remembers using Intellisense and knows just how much of a godsend it is (and is addicted to 3D Studio).

I doubt there are many people with that exact setup - not that it's not an enviable setup. I could certainly see myself using Parellels to do the same. I think you should contact Tom about writing a tutorial on how to set that up and getting it into the Unity magazine. It's a great idea!