Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Interaction with the environment

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dallavecchia, Sep 30, 2019.

1. dallavecchia

dallavecchia

Hello. I got recently into Unity and I would like to know what kind of material I should be looking into to achieve my goals. Basically I want to make a first person game that is very interactive with the environment. For instance, the main weapons in the game are going to be remote controls and I want the character to be able to grab it on the environment. The remote control can be inside a drawer, or on the ground, or behind the couch, etc. My main interest here is that the character's movement is realistic when grabbing the remote control. I want the fingers to adapt to every different situation, I want his body to bend over trying to reach the remote in tight places and etc. What tools should I be looking for to achieve this effect? I did some research and found about Playables. Is this the right thing to look into?

Thank you.

2. neoshaman

neoshaman

What you want to do is already advanced, you should make simpler project before as a stepping stone, but the name you are looking for is Inverse Kinematic alos known as IK. The specific thing you want to do involve a lot cheating, knowledge about animation and "mechanics".

dallavecchia likes this.
  3. dallavecchia

dallavecchia

Thank you, neoshaman. I understand this is not an easy goal, but I want to start working on having this skill as soon as possible.